Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 05:21:54 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Best non Rovers footie experience  (Read 5028 times)

Al4475

• VSC Member
Re: Best non Rovers footie experience
« Reply #30 on June 08, 2017, 04:03:32 pm by Al4475 »
We were also lucky enough at uni in 1996 to have the Italian national squad use one of our campuses as their home base and 5 of the lads got asked to make the squad up for their training sessions whilst they were there!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 09, 2017, 12:49:13 pm by IDM »
In terms of games I have been to, I can think of a few.

Ross County vs Inverness CT in the Scottish 4th tier on a rainy cold Tuesday evening.  Got free tickets from a work colleague and watched Inverness win 3-0 in front of over 4500 fans in a league where crowds of 250 were the norm.  Donkey Derek Adams got sent off for County too..

Then before there was the Chelsea vs Leeds match in Div 2 the week immediately after Hillsborough.  Despite the hatred between the teams remaining from the 70s, the minutes silence was impeccably observed.  28 years later it still chokes me thinking about it..

On a happier note I went to Hannover 96 vs Frieburg in what effectively became a Bundesliga relegation decider, on the final day of the season a couple of years ago.  Regardless of any other results a win for 96 secured their Bundeliga place.  Beer flowing and typical German food, the atmosphere was like a cup final outside and inside the ground - went up a huge level when 96 scored in 2 minutes..  Went 2-0 up and eventually won 2-1, but you would think they had won the champions league!

I was at that Chelsea v Leeds game  that day sat in gate 13

I would normally have been in the middle of the shed end, but after Hillsborough sat in the main stand lower tier.  Chelsea won promotion and the title that day (Man City losing to Barnsley) but that didn't seem to matter..  Different times!

RedRover45

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 09, 2017, 05:11:40 pm by RedRover45 »
On holiday in the Maldives in 1995, the Maldivian national team were training on the island we were on. We watched them and persuaded them to have a game against a combined team of holiday makers. A team of English, German and Dutch managed to beat them 8-6 and I had the pleasure of scoring twice. It remains my only National cap to date.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 05:26:13 pm by RedRover45 »

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 09, 2017, 11:44:06 pm by elmsallrover »
My top 2 games I went too are: 1,Germany vs Argentina world cup final 1990 in rome a friend bought me a ticket ( which cost him £200 ) if I carried some programmes home for him we decided to get the last bus back into the city center as the bags were so heavy with all the programmes in them.we got on the bus which was jammed packed and stood right at the front with our faces touching the windscreen. As the driver pulled away the german team bus decided to cut across us both buses slapped the brakes on I got totally crushed against the windscreen when I finally looked up all I could see was franz Beckenbauer lifting the world cup above his head must have only been 5/6 feet a way from me.plus great to see Maradona crying his eyes out at the end of the game on the big screen.game number 2 1992 European cup final at Wembley Barcelona vs sampdoria just the best atmosphere ive ever seen and heard at a game

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 10, 2017, 08:06:22 am by not on facebook »
On holiday in the Maldives in 1995, the Maldivian national team were training on the island we were on. We watched them and persuaded them to have a game against a combined team of holiday makers. A team of English, German and Dutch managed to beat them 8-6 and I had the pleasure of scoring twice. It remains my only National cap to date.

Recall when England err based in malmo for the euros in Sweden back in 1992 I think it was.

There was a togger match set up between England  fans to play against a local  nation at Lund unerveristy .

I netted a hat rick in a win for the England fans > got photos of the game knocking about somewhere .
They played in boots and we was in trainers mind been adidas gazzels .

TinyPortal © 2005-2012