Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:53:30 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Managers  (Read 2297 times)

richtherover

• Forum Member
Managers
« on June 07, 2017, 05:12:39 am by richtherover »
I've often wondered, when i see the likes of  Antonio Conte or Jurgen Klopp dancing up and down the touchline, how they ever become so animated. I can understand the professional satisfaction from goals, clean sheets, wins etc., but I just don't get how anyone can get that excited over any other club than their own. The only time I punch the air or attempt a cartwheel is when Rovers score or win.  As managers they can switch allegiance to another club but as a supporter I'm happy to be Rovers till I die.

Rich the Rover

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

not on facebook

• Forum Member
Re: Managers
« Reply #1 on June 07, 2017, 10:10:40 am by not on facebook »
Its just as good that they don't follow a local basketball team ,especially once baskets scored reach 50+ or whatever the Iam sick of sitting up and down point is

Northants Nomad

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 07, 2017, 10:22:54 am by Northants Nomad »
It's almost as if they are celebrating keeping their multimillion pound contracts for at least another week!

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 07, 2017, 10:36:01 am by not on facebook »
If conte or klopp were managers of DRFC you would have no problem with your managers antics so long as your team is winnining games .

Christ he could be an eight eyed orange/green purple monster and most the rovers would not bat an eye lid if donny got promotion .

But god help him if relegation was the season after as the lynch mobs would be out and. His orange green and purple would be held against him.

Many football fans are fickle look at evens at chesterfield

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 08, 2017, 09:56:14 am by Campsall rover »
People moan when managers show little emotion on the touch line saying they don't really care.
All managers are human beings and all human beings are different people with different personalities.example O'Driscoll v Evans but no one can acuse either of them as not caring about the success of the team they are managing.
That team IS THEIR team while they are the manager.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 08, 2017, 02:48:11 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
People moan when managers show little emotion on the touch line saying they don't really care.
All managers are human beings and all human beings are different people with different personalities.example O'Driscoll v Evans but no one can acuse either of them as not caring about the success of the team they are managing.
That team IS THEIR team while they are the manager.

Give me Alf Ramsey as England manager over Kevin Keegan any day!

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 09, 2017, 09:50:42 am by richtherover »
I understand what you are saying about showing emotion or lack of it but what I'm trying to say is that only one team's result would ever REALLY matter to me. Best way I can explain it is - if you were a manager and your team faced Donny, could you honestly celebrate a win for your team or would you be gutted inside?  Definitely gutted for me, (secretly of course).

RTID

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 09, 2017, 05:06:05 pm by RoversAlias »
I understand what you are saying about showing emotion or lack of it but what I'm trying to say is that only one team's result would ever REALLY matter to me. Best way I can explain it is - if you were a manager and your team faced Donny, could you honestly celebrate a win for your team or would you be gutted inside?  Definitely gutted for me, (secretly of course).

RTID

If I was manager of the opposition team I expect I would be pleased that my hard work and tactics had paid off. I'd not be sprinting down the touchline against Donny or anything, but in a big game against other teams? Course I would.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012