Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:26:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: England in World Cup Final  (Read 7304 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: England in World Cup Final
« Reply #60 on June 14, 2017, 08:54:49 pm by drfchound »
Oxlaide Chamberlain was our worst player on the night.
He constantly gave the ball away in dangerous positions.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on June 14, 2017, 10:47:44 pm by steve@dcfd »
Oxlaide Chamberlain was our worst player on the night.
He constantly gave the ball away in dangerous positions.

Both Chamberlien and Dier looked poor against a quality central midfield.
Whether we play a back 3 or 4 we need two players who can work together both defensively and be creative. We have not got that.

The biggest decision Gareth has to make before the World Cup if we qualify is those two positions, with backup as well.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on June 15, 2017, 11:55:18 am by RedJ »
I don't understand why AOC is playing anywhere but either as a winger or wing back...

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 15, 2017, 12:00:26 pm by NickDRFC »
I don't understand why AOC is playing anywhere but either as a winger or wing back...

To be fair, he's said he sees his long term position as a central midfield, and he has had some good games there for Arsenal - I went to their Champions League game against AC Milan a few years ago when they were 4-0 down from the first leg, and he absolutely bossed it from central midfield. One of the best individual midfield performances I've ever seen live.

That said if he doesn't play there regularly for Arsenal and learn his position there's not really any reason why he should be trusted to play there for England.

DevilMayCry

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 15, 2017, 05:23:50 pm by DevilMayCry »

To be fair, he's said he sees his long term position as a central midfield, and he has had some good games there for Arsenal - I went to their Champions League game against AC Milan a few years ago when they were 4-0 down from the first leg, and he absolutely bossed it from central midfield. One of the best individual midfield performances I've ever seen live.

That said if he doesn't play there regularly for Arsenal and learn his position there's not really any reason why he should be trusted to play there for England.

Schweinsteiger was also a decent right midfielder and after Van Gaal played him central midfielder he became world class. Maybe Oxlaide Chamberlain will have the same chance.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012