Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:11:25 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 New Blossoms or Tumbleweed?  (Read 10764 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
3 New Blossoms or Tumbleweed?
« on June 09, 2017, 12:25:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Potentially big day today for announcements of the 3 new players that DF is after. Quoted earlier this week as suggesting he would like all 3 signed up by the end of this week and not a lot has happened since!

Hopefully, we will get to hear or read something a little more positive today, but I'm not holding my breath. Even the Sheff U lad has not been officially announced as yet.

26th June is not that far away, now.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

keith79

• Forum Member
Re: 3 New Blossoms or Tumbleweed?
« Reply #1 on June 09, 2017, 12:28:07 pm by keith79 »
Would he be one of the 3

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 09, 2017, 12:32:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
NO.

We're talking of 5 Fergie targets and he has a lb so far. The 5 being a left back, a left sided cb, a striker and 2 midfielders. So, the 3 are cb, m, s.

If any of the 5 transfer listed goes, DF would like another striker (with out and out pace).

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 09, 2017, 12:56:37 pm by Retdon1 »
He did say he wanted them in by last Friday and a week on still nothing. Maybe we're struggling to get the deals over the line or just taking our time. It does seem strange that there's no names being banded about.

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 09, 2017, 01:59:34 pm by aidanstu »
It maybe they just are not being announced. The lad from Sheffield united has been confirmed at the blades' end but nothing official from rovers

ballysbackin

« Reply #5 on June 09, 2017, 02:09:43 pm by ballysbackin »
But they still plugging Season Tickets even tho he is telling us not to expect a great push for the Championship

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 09, 2017, 02:28:28 pm by Rovers91 »
As long as they are in for start of pre season I don't think he will mind. I don't mind it last season we didn't have a clue until a signing was announced and this season seems the same.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 09, 2017, 02:57:52 pm by mushRTID »
If my memory is correct, Houghton and Mason were very late signings, il happily wait if they turn out like those two!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 09, 2017, 03:03:43 pm by drfchound »
Also, we knew sod all about them until they were here.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on June 09, 2017, 05:03:31 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Well Fergie was the one who told us about the three further signings, albeit the word hopeful was used, so they must have an idea we are anticiting something.

Not to have announced anything by now is disappointing. Even if they updated us by saying talks are ongoing would be something.

I imagine the ticket office needs something to get ticket sales ticking over! The staff must be bored rigid!'

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 09, 2017, 05:17:18 pm by RoversAlias »
If my memory is correct, Houghton and Mason were very late signings, il happily wait if they turn out like those two!

They signed within the last 24 hours before we played Accrington didn't they?

Patience is a virtue they say. On this forum it appears to be an impossibility. I'll say it again...it's only early June folks. Window doesn't even open for another three weeks.

ballysbackin

« Reply #11 on June 09, 2017, 05:21:10 pm by ballysbackin »
That is true so why does DF spout clap trap

ballysbackin

« Reply #12 on June 09, 2017, 05:35:26 pm by ballysbackin »
Nearly all the Premier Clubs have announced their released lists.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 09, 2017, 06:03:24 pm by NickDRFC »

We announced our list weeks ago, is your point that we should be announcing signings by now? How many signings have been announced at those Premier League clubs?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on June 09, 2017, 06:13:42 pm by the vicar »
Has come to me today we are talking to Alex Bruce

ballysbackin

« Reply #15 on June 09, 2017, 06:40:06 pm by ballysbackin »

We announced our list weeks ago, is your point that we should be announcing signings by now? How many signings have been announced at those Premier League clubs?

Exactly, I was hoping that someone would look up the WBA list to see if that centre half they were all raving about who was on l.oan at Mansfield as I did not know his name. Not overly bothered but some may have known who has been banded around as possible loanees, if released then the one who was going to be a permanent signing may have been easier to get. "Cat and Mouse" I think Mr F is playing and the fans are caught up in it.

ballysbackin

« Reply #16 on June 09, 2017, 06:40:56 pm by ballysbackin »

Hull City ? I think he was released is that so ?

ballysbackin

« Reply #17 on June 09, 2017, 06:42:42 pm by ballysbackin »
Just read Bury have signed Jay O'Shay good goal scorer

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on June 09, 2017, 06:52:47 pm by Wild Rover »

Patience is a virtue they say. On this forum it appears to be an impossibility. I'll say it again...it's only early June folks. Window doesn't even open for another three weeks.

The "Unofficial" window opening is today. Actually it seems to me to have been weeks ago as plenty of players have moved ( maybe out of contract, or end coming, i dont know, but certainly transfers can be made much earlier than July 1st).

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on June 09, 2017, 07:33:20 pm by Retdon1 »

I would of thought he would be well out of our price range wages wise.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on June 09, 2017, 07:37:40 pm by the vicar »
We will have to see

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 09, 2017, 07:44:16 pm by Retdon1 »
We will have to see

We will. Be a good signing in league 1 if true.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 09, 2017, 07:45:37 pm by RedJ »

The "Unofficial" window opening is today. Actually it seems to me to have been weeks ago as plenty of players have moved ( maybe out of contract, or end coming, i dont know, but certainly transfers can be made much earlier than July 1st).

Nothing unofficial about it. 1st July is international transfer window, and the day players become out of contract of course. 9th of June I believe is the day the transfer window in England opens.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on June 09, 2017, 08:18:29 pm by idler »
Bradford City have already lost one player to Millwall and have 5 others out of contract likely to move.
Rory McArdle is reported to be signing a three year deal at Scunny on twice the wages that he was on at City.
They have stated that they won't break their wage structure to keep them.
Imagine how the over 17,000 STHs are feeling having just missed out on promotion.

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on June 09, 2017, 09:33:09 pm by Wild Rover »

Nothing unofficial about it. 1st July is international transfer window, and the day players become out of contract of course. 9th of June I believe is the day the transfer window in England opens.

Read this then. http://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/summer-transfer-window-west-brom-12538270?service=responsive

Or This.  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Transfer_window

Therefore it must be unofficial.
« Last Edit: June 09, 2017, 09:38:57 pm by Wild Rover »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 10, 2017, 12:17:46 am by RedJ »
http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/2017-summer-transfer-window-open-13140904 have a read of this then, since we're using random local rags and wikipedia.

Sky Sports also seem to think that I'm right too... http://www.skysports.com/football/news/12691/10862752/when-does-the-transfer-window-open

Wild Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on June 10, 2017, 01:08:49 am by Wild Rover »
BBC think otherwise, FORMALLY open 1st July. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 10, 2017, 06:23:19 am by Alan Southstand »
Tumbleweed it is then!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 10, 2017, 11:04:08 am by RedJ »
BBC think otherwise, FORMALLY open 1st July. http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/transfers

The international transfer window opens on the 1st of July. But there is an English transfer window that opened yesterday.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 10, 2017, 11:08:47 am by RedJ »
http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/when-does-the-summer-transfer-window-open-and-close-for-premier-league-clubs/story-30337985-detail/story.html as you can see here, other countries also have their own internal transfer windows opening on different dates to the international transfer window.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012