Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 09:42:14 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 3 New Blossoms or Tumbleweed?  (Read 10781 times)

ballysbackin

Re: 3 New Blossoms or Tumbleweed?
« Reply #30 on June 10, 2017, 11:11:49 am by ballysbackin »
Donny still have not signed anybody though - No matter when the dates are DF spouted what he had done and  he may have the green light, well perhaps it has gone to red on all three possible transfers, takes a bit of believing

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 10, 2017, 12:52:25 pm by Alan Southstand »
That's what slightly concerns me, we have no knowledge whether it's ongoing or whether things have ground to a halt.

He must have been pretty confident that we were going to get our targets, as he has mentioned it several times. However, things have since gone very quiet! :s

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on June 10, 2017, 01:31:27 pm by RoversAlias »
Genuinely though, why does it concern people that Fergie and the club aren't divulging every step of our transfer negotiations or lack thereof? That isn't how clubs do business, and it goes against the precedent set last summer of keeping schtum until there's signings to announce. Professionalism.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 10, 2017, 01:51:01 pm by Alan Southstand »
I appreciate all that, Alias, however, for those of us who are interested in how the team building is shaping up, its of no help. A implement 'things are taking a bit longer than expected' would do. That's not giving anything away. And, after all, if DF had said nothing, we'd be none the wiser!

Mushrooms spring to mind.
« Last Edit: June 10, 2017, 03:09:01 pm by Alan Southstand »

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 10, 2017, 02:47:04 pm by knockers »
Maybe the players he wants have looked on this thread and have thought that I'm not playing for that set of moaning bas**rds!
Bloody hell guys it's the beginning of June, everyone's on holiday. Log off for a couple weeks as you're only winding yourselves up!

ballysbackin

« Reply #35 on June 10, 2017, 03:48:26 pm by ballysbackin »
Good idea knockers, maybe Ferguson should not lead us down the Garden path also, as I recall he said the fans are very important to the team, I was told prior to season ending several times by someone at the club, If they sell a good amount of ST the owners will stump up the cash for a real push to the Championship so I bought two, something I really was not in a position to do really, also because I know that I may only get to half the games. Others too did the same, then last week there is talk from DF that he will be playing just for League one next term, looks like he meant it but should not speak out when he knows he may not get the players, then it was move on to secondary targets and then get the released players fixed up with clubs, looks to me that Williams will spearhead the reserves next term, At This Moment in Time.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 12, 2017, 08:06:01 am by steve@dcfd »
The CEO said they knew the targets they had been talking to them early, it's not just down to the manager. Maybe the budget set is not good enough to get players he wants and the CEO can't get the deals done.

Maybe the ST sales are not what the owners wanted so the extra money is not available we will have to wait and see.

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on June 12, 2017, 08:16:17 am by vaya »
Or maybe you can't put a definitive endpoint on two-sided negotiations, and it's the off-season so people are extrapolating whatever narrative they think to fill the football-less void.

donnyspadge

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 12, 2017, 08:20:29 am by donnyspadge »
Could it be the loan signings are part of the under 20s world cup winning team at all ?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 12, 2017, 08:48:12 am by NickDRFC »
Could it be the loan signings are part of the under 20s world cup winning team at all ?

If they were, they won't be any more - no chance will any of those play in anything below the Championship next year.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2017, 10:50:14 am by NickDRFC »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 12, 2017, 10:50:25 am by NickDRFC »
If they were, they won't be any more - no chance will any of those play in anything below league one next year.

Good job we're in league 1 then!

Haha good point, modified!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #41 on June 12, 2017, 10:56:10 am by DearneValleyRover »
Fergie said he was hoping to get them signed. He may have been over optimistic but I think some of us need to get a grip

ballysbackin

« Reply #42 on June 12, 2017, 10:56:44 am by ballysbackin »
The CEO said they knew the targets they had been talking to them early, it's not just down to the manager. Maybe the budget set is not good enough to get players he wants and the CEO can't get the deals done.

Maybe the ST sales are not what the owners wanted so the extra money is not available we will have to wait and see.

I will go with that, of course they did spout and in my opinion they did a good deal for £30 for kids up to 17 yrs of age . But perhaps the adult sales were not good enough, I was told from within. "If the ST sales are very good the owners will make it happen" answers on a post card, perhaps the club should announce what adult sales were...The issue of ST to me is a poor one because they need to be winning to drag in the occasional fans and not rely on us that have been going 60 years, because that is pure folly. Set their stall out accordingly ie safety in league one would not sell tickets but it looks like that is the case, so now we may keep Williams too. He has had his back side kicked and will want to push on. I think he should be given the chance as nobody wants him it is a clear and obvious issue his backside has been kicked very hard.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 12, 2017, 10:59:09 am by steve@dcfd »
Or maybe you can't put a definitive endpoint on two-sided negotiations, and it's the off-season so people are extrapolating whatever narrative they think to fill the football-less void.

It's not filling a void and I understand now we are in League 1 it won't be easy to get players as it was in League 2, it will take longer.
But to get these players it's not just down to the manager the CEO will be involved to ensure the financial side of the deals are right.
Also it will be down to the clubs we hope to loan from and the players involved.
So until the players we are getting are in the bag then let's not intimate from club or manager that it is close.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on June 12, 2017, 11:46:32 am by DearneValleyRover »
I think the plan is to be a club who can stay in the Championship by 2022

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on June 12, 2017, 11:49:01 am by RoversAlias »
Season ticket sales have been very good as far as I know and our ST sales will not be impacting the time it takes to sign players. The budget was set last month and we are working to bring in targets. It is that simple.

I check the BBC's transfers page every day so I don't miss anything throughout the leagues and there is literally 2-5 moves confirmed between ALL leagues. I'm only going to keep hammering this home but please be patient folks, it is still early days yet!

ballysbackin

« Reply #46 on June 12, 2017, 12:00:08 pm by ballysbackin »
Doncaster Rovers youngster Tyler Walker has signed a professional contract with the club.

The full-back who joined the club in 2008, has progressed through the academy ranks and has now been rewarded with a six month deal by first-team manager Darren Ferguson.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on June 12, 2017, 01:04:33 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Pressure to develop in that 6 months or he'll be going.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on June 12, 2017, 01:22:45 pm by knockers »
They've only announced it so we don't have a mass Bempton cliffs suicide leap!

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on June 12, 2017, 01:30:47 pm by karldew »
Liam Hodens Twitter feed:

Being asked a lot about Rovers signings. Not to sound like I'm fobbing people off but work is going off in the background #drfc

Don't forget, Rovers haven't announced Ben Whiteman yet. It's done and dusted but it's not been publicly confirmed yet. #drfc

Just because things haven't been announced, doesn't mean progress hasn't been made and things haven't been agreed. Be patient #drfc

Not every club is Mansfield and sign a dozen players before the end of the first week of June #drfc

You get quiet weeks (or two) at this stage of the summer because people are on holiday. Not much is going on anywhere - except Mansfield

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 12, 2017, 01:41:13 pm by RedJ »
Probably getting them in early so Stevie Evans knows how much they can spend on pies.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on June 12, 2017, 05:28:47 pm by Alan Southstand »
Not every club is Mansfield and sign a dozen players before the end of the first week of June #drfc

You get quiet weeks (or two) at this stage of the summer because people are on holiday. Not much is going on anywhere - except Mansfield

..........or Bury!

turnbull for england

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 12, 2017, 06:15:20 pm by turnbull for england »
Not much matches Mansfield....

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #53 on June 12, 2017, 06:41:54 pm by idler »
Too right, it was awful stuff but brings back memories. 😉

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 12, 2017, 07:56:21 pm by Susan Abbott »
Good idea knockers, maybe Ferguson should not lead us down the Garden path also, as I recall he said the fans are very important to the team, I was told prior to season ending several times by someone at the club, If they sell a good amount of ST the owners will stump up the cash for a real push to the Championship so I bought two, something I really was not in a position to do really, also because I know that I may only get to half the games. Others too did the same, then last week there is talk from DF that he will be playing just for League one next term, looks like he meant it but should not speak out when he knows he may not get the players, then it was move on to secondary targets and then get the released players fixed up with clubs, looks to me that Williams will spearhead the reserves next term, At This Moment in Time.
We used to hear names being branded about at this time of the off season but with loans having to be sorted  out early it means everyone is more diving into the same pool . I just hope we aren't waiting to get players moved out first .

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 12, 2017, 08:07:46 pm by NickDRFC »
Can't believe we still haven't announced anything yet.

Bramwell out.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on June 13, 2017, 01:35:49 am by RoversAlias »
We used to hear names being branded about at this time of the off season but with loans having to be sorted  out early it means everyone is more diving into the same pool . I just hope we aren't waiting to get players moved out first .

We aren't, Fergie said as much in one of his recent interviews. The four main targets he wants (which includes Whiteman) are the priority, and then when those are signed he will shift his focus to moving on the 5 listed players. He also said that moving those 5 would allow him the extra funds to shore up the depth of the squad a bit more should he wish to closer to the start of the season.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 13, 2017, 08:09:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Mansfield. Old fat boy definitely likes a deal doesn't he!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 13, 2017, 11:21:06 am by drfchound »

It shouldn't be overlooked that if the transfer listed players don't get offered a deal elsewhere or don't want to go to a club that comes in for them, they are within their rights to sit tight and keep drawing money from the club until their contracts expire.
It may not be easy to move some of them on.

We aren't, Fergie said as much in one of his recent interviews. The four main targets he wants (which includes Whiteman) are the priority, and then when those are signed he will shift his focus to moving on the 5 listed players. He also said that moving those 5 would allow him the extra funds to shore up the depth of the squad a bit more should he wish to closer to the start of the season.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on June 13, 2017, 02:17:21 pm by acko »
I dont think the lack of signings is any thing to worry about.A lot of players are on holiday at the moment,and with so many players now basically without clubs a lot will be keeping their options open and looking for the best deal they can get.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012