Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:36:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A year to the Day June 13th  (Read 2965 times)

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
A year to the Day June 13th
« on June 13, 2017, 09:31:33 am by Colemans Left Hook »
On 13 June 2016, Marquis signed for Doncaster Rovers on a two-year deal

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Marquis

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: A year to the Day June 13th
« Reply #1 on June 13, 2017, 10:48:10 am by Alan Southstand »
And here's hoping he signs for an additional 2 years on top of his one remaining!

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 13, 2017, 11:00:07 am by Susan Abbott »
And here's hoping he signs for an additional 2 years on top of his one remaining!
He's off for pastures new . I'd say a Championship club will take a chance . We don't need players who put themselves above the club , particularly when we rescued their career.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 13, 2017, 11:06:06 am by GazLaz »
He's off for pastures new . I'd say a Championship club will take a chance . We don't need players who put themselves above the club , particularly when we rescued their career.

What planet are you on. Not this one.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on June 13, 2017, 11:14:17 am by Bentley Bullet »
Her sister Diane told her.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on June 13, 2017, 11:18:29 am by Donnywolf »
He spawned the best Post of the Year (imho) from Tommy Toes

Forget the Marquis of Queensbury. ..
The Marquis of Doncaster Rules!

:aok: (Trump that !)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on June 13, 2017, 11:25:51 am by Bentley Bullet »
He seems to be a smooth operator. Maybe he should be called the Marquis De Sade.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 13, 2017, 11:28:18 am by GazLaz »
Her sister Diane told her.

More like their Russ.

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 13, 2017, 12:25:07 pm by Drover »

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 13, 2017, 12:38:01 pm by Drover »

No we don't,but there is absolutely no evidence that JM is doing or even thinking about doing that,unless you know something,and No good can come from accusing one of our best assetts,currently on top of his form off something,especially if he does not want to leave,but it could upset the apple cart.Let's wait and see.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2017, 09:17:29 pm by Drover »

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 13, 2017, 02:26:13 pm by NickDRFC »

No we don't,but there is absolutely no evidence that JM is doing or even thinking about doing that,unless you know something,and No good can come from accusing one of our best assetts,currently on top of his form off something,especially if he does not want to leave,but it could upset the apple cart.Let's wait and see.

Marquis was my player of the season last year, but there's no way you could say he finished the season on top of his form. After his hat trick at Grimsby he went 5/6 games without scoring and looked a shadow of the player who had been terrorising defences all year. That said I wouldn't say his dip in form is anything to worry about - it coincided with the rest of the team and it was his first season of being a first team regular for the whole year so tiredness will have had something to do with it. Hoping he signs on again.

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on June 13, 2017, 05:03:07 pm by roversdude »
Nick or did rest of team dip because he did ????

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on June 13, 2017, 09:24:47 pm by Drover »

Marquis was my player of the season last year, but there's no way you could say he finished the season on top of his form. After his hat trick at Grimsby he went 5/6 games without scoring and looked a shadow of the player who had been terrorising defences all year. That said I wouldn't say his dip in form is anything to worry about - it coincided with the rest of the team and it was his first season of being a first team regular for the whole year so tiredness will have had something to do with it. Hoping he signs on again.

I was refering to his form for the whole season,it is upto now the best season of his career.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012