Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:29:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alex Kiwomya  (Read 10475 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: Alex Kiwomya
« Reply #30 on June 16, 2017, 02:03:27 pm by Dare to dream! »
Free transfer or a fee involved? Good signing either way

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on June 16, 2017, 02:13:04 pm by PDX_Rover »
I think there was a fee involved. Good signing. Be interesting to see how he and Marquis play together.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 16, 2017, 02:16:42 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Good luck Alex!

Shame, though, that he's talking all the usual guff that players continually spout:

"The main thing for me is getting consistent minutes on the pitch."  Translation: "I want to play football matches."
 :facepalm:

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 16, 2017, 02:23:15 pm by NickDRFC »
I remember that he signed for Fleetwood just before we played them back in January last year. Can't remember much other than he came on as a sub, had big hair and was quick, but didn't make a huge impact on the game.

Hopefully he's learned a lot from his time with Crewe and he comes here ready to hit the ground running. Decent signing I reckon - has potential to improve a lot and already offers something different to our other forwards.

Who knows, we may have just found a new Afro Goal Machine!

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on June 16, 2017, 02:40:17 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Good luck Alex!

Shame, though, that he's talking all the usual guff that players continually spout:

"The main thing for me is getting consistent minutes on the pitch."  Translation: "I want to play football matches."

weird you posted that as I saw this earlier today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/40122829

"I'm happy to have signed for the club, especially with the team having just been promoted," Brown said.
"There should be a good buzz around the place and I'm looking forward to it.
"I don't really mind what league I'm playing in, as long as I'm playing football that's all that matters to me. I'm looking forward to the experience."

since someone has just come up with your ideal words I hope you can sleep well  from now on and not wilt during these warm nights

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on June 16, 2017, 03:07:13 pm by Upton Rover »
Came through youth system at Rotherham and I remember a coach at the time saying he's outstanding and Chelsea took him to stop anyone else signing him

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on June 16, 2017, 03:14:11 pm by Rovers91 »
Good signing we needed some more pace in the team.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on June 16, 2017, 03:31:56 pm by Pancho Regan »
I remember that he signed for Fleetwood just before we played them back in January last year. Can't remember much other than he came on as a sub, had big hair and was quick, but didn't make a huge impact on the game.

My memory for the opposition's players is usually rubbish but funnily enough I remember that too Nick.
A couple of Fleetwood fans were talking to me about him before the match, saying that they thought he was a good signing for them, so I took notice when he came on as sub.

I do remember him being fast but my main thought at the time was that he was over-eager, trying too hard. That's not surprising when you're a young lad from a big Premiership club making your debut for a lower league side.

I'm looking forward to seeing him. Pace is a fantastic weapon to have in your armoury and this lad has plenty of that.

Sounds like a great signing, well done Fergie and the club.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on June 16, 2017, 03:41:56 pm by elmsallrover »
Was he the guy that ripped us apart for Barnsley at the keepmoat but they could not score think it was the game were the ex rovers guy from millwall scored the winner late on

Upton Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on June 16, 2017, 03:53:29 pm by Upton Rover »
It sure was. He was there on a months loan to replace Devante Cole. His dad also started is career at Barnsley
Was he the guy that ripped us apart for Barnsley at the keepmoat but they could not score think it was the game were the ex rovers guy from millwall scored the winner late on
[/quote]

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on June 16, 2017, 04:49:09 pm by Susan Abbott »
Scoring record not great but he's a young 'un, so let's wish him a warm welcome.

Looks like he took advice from Houghton, so let's hope he follows not too far behind!
I hate it when the club do this , I prefer it when we get on their back about lack of news or they bring in an old has been still wanting another go . Oh well I'll just have to lump it .

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on June 16, 2017, 05:00:22 pm by Fur Calf »
Yep he played at the Keepmoat for Barnsley and he ran our fullback ragged so hopefully he can be an asset for us.  Excellent signing and congratulations to all at the club for making this happen.

Goole Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on June 16, 2017, 06:00:36 pm by Goole Rover »
Great signing, a real statement and fills a gap in the attack. This lad was the dangerman for Crewe last season and comes with high praise indeed from Chelsea.

I see this place continues to be a ray of sunshine. He's been here 5 minutes and already we've had comments on how his goalscoring record isn't good enough (for a winger, are you joking?) and that it must mean Marquis is leaving as if that's how football works. I despair sometimes.
I totally agree.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on June 16, 2017, 06:10:29 pm by RedJ »
Came through youth system at Rotherham and I remember a coach at the time saying he's outstanding and Chelsea took him to stop anyone else signing him

Another example of a club stockpiling players and never using them just so their rivals can't. :(

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on June 16, 2017, 06:11:33 pm by balbyrover »
Seen nothing personally to suggest whether he will be a good or a bad signing to be honest.
He is exactly the type of gem we should be trying to unearth though.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on June 16, 2017, 06:15:49 pm by RobTheRover »
He's Andy Kiwomya's lad. I used to work with his Uncle Nick who sadly never got the family's footballing gene. Spoke with Nick today.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on June 16, 2017, 06:34:11 pm by Jonathan »
I'm happy with this signing. A good investment in a player that's come through a good set up, gained limited (but valuable) senior experience and now has a platform to develop with us. A three year deal is a great commitment from the club and, if he does what I'm sure we hope he can, then we'll reap the benefits.

It makes sense for us to bring in players with something to prove. All good strikers have to be given that chance by someone that shows faith in them, and more often than not that's after they've been discarded or let go by a big club.

He has pace, which is something we've lacked, and I'm happy we've addressed that.

ballysbackin

« Reply #47 on June 16, 2017, 06:53:00 pm by ballysbackin »
As I recall when he played against us for Barnsley, he was the best player on the field, blimey can he shift, kicks the ball fast as well I remember with one or two distance shots. Houghton then next from Chelsea.

Wiltshire Exile

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on June 16, 2017, 07:17:17 pm by Wiltshire Exile »
Good luck Alex!

weird you posted that as I saw this earlier today

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/40122829

"I'm happy to have signed for the club, especially with the team having just been promoted," Brown said.
"There should be a good buzz around the place and I'm looking forward to it.
"I don't really mind what league I'm playing in, as long as I'm playing football that's all that matters to me. I'm looking forward to the experience."

since someone has just come up with your ideal words I hope you can sleep well  from now on and not wilt during these warm nights

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #49 on June 16, 2017, 08:09:01 pm by Filo »
Has Chelsea become our feeder club? 😀😀😀

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on June 16, 2017, 08:12:41 pm by donny dave »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on June 16, 2017, 08:23:30 pm by selby »
Vicar 7 goals from 34 matches is not bad for a youngster,who while on loan would not always play in his best position.
   We and other clubs tend to use loan players to fill in wherever they are short,not always in the players best interest,and not always in a system that suits the player.
   As an aside the best example of this is the England team.
 Or they could end up playing on loan for a thick manager,again the England team is one of the best examples

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on June 16, 2017, 08:59:09 pm by Lifelong supporter »
He actually scored 11 goals in his first 18 games at Crewe but then played on while still partly affected by an injury after dislocating his shoulder.
I'll settle for 11 in his first 18 for us and I'm sure Fergie would as well.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on June 16, 2017, 09:27:17 pm by DubaiRover »
34 games 7 goals striker, like he'll I would let him strike my area with a bat and he would not hit it much we have enough strikers that don't score
[/quot§
34 games 7 goals striker, like he'll I would let him strike my area with a bat and he would not hit it much we have enough strikers that don't score
More tea vicar?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on June 16, 2017, 09:27:46 pm by drfchound »
I hope AK has a good start with us so that he isn't destroyed by some of our supporters like Curtis was after a lean spell.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on June 16, 2017, 09:29:29 pm by DubaiRover »
Free transfer or a fee involved? Good signing either way
Think they just walked away and hoped no one asked, lad just followed.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on June 16, 2017, 10:12:21 pm by Prez »
Yep he played at the Keepmoat for Barnsley and he ran our fullback ragged so hopefully he can be an asset for us.  Excellent signing and congratulations to all at the club for making this happen.

It was Wabara that day, so I guess "ripping our fullback" doesn't count.

Seriously though he was awesome for them that day, he could turn out to be a very exciting player for us.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on June 16, 2017, 10:19:41 pm by Draytonian III »
What squad number should he have ? Perhaps 47  ? Just a thought

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on June 16, 2017, 10:57:04 pm by Paul Simpson »
Welcome Alex Kiwomya , we wish you every success. Excellent signing by the club in my opinion. I feel we are in for a cracking season!!
Come on you rovers!!!  :woohoo:

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on June 17, 2017, 01:58:25 am by SydneyRover »
" Does that suggest Marquis is not resigning ? "

He was signed June 2016 for 2 years, he doesn't need to sign anything except his pay cheque receipt.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012