Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:22:02 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Alex Kiwomya  (Read 10473 times)

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
Re: Alex Kiwomya
« Reply #60 on June 17, 2017, 05:14:36 am by Alan Southstand »
Of course Marquis needs to sign - sign on for longer, thus ensuring he becomes part of our resurgence and assault towards the Championship. He is the perfect example of future investment, as if he has another good season in league 1, he will command a much bigger fee. The alternative is, if he doesn't sign an extension, him being sold at the halfway point next season or risk him walking away for nothing next summer. That would be just plain stupid - have you forgotten already what happened with Paul Green?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #61 on June 17, 2017, 07:58:10 am by Dutch Uncle »
What squad number should he have ? Perhaps 47  ? Just a thought

A post uzing with class D3

I suppose you could say we have signed him to lead our assault on League 1

mpc123

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on June 17, 2017, 09:21:54 am by mpc123 »
We can't do nothing IF Marquis doesn't want to stay (bigger championship wages let's say).

DF could do alot with any money he sells for I would guess around 750000.

It's hard to say what would be better for the club the money to invest on possibly several really good talents or keep the one who has had a great one season.

It can be very good for us both ways, so the club is in a good position, if he gets sold with DF recruiting skills or if he stays and signs an extension.

I guess the worst thing maybe he stays with no extension.

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on June 17, 2017, 09:25:40 am by Jonathan »
Personally I think Marquis will stay. Ferguson said clearly that the new contract may be deferred til the start of pre season. If there's still no announcement by August then I think there's cause for concern, but not now.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on June 17, 2017, 09:26:20 am by Bentley Bullet »
What squad number should he have ? Perhaps 47  ? Just a thought

A post uzing with class D3

I suppose you could say we have signed him to lead our assault on League 1

Hope he rifles in a few goals for us.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on June 17, 2017, 11:09:20 am by idler »
Let's hope he's the right calibre.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on June 17, 2017, 02:19:09 pm by Bentley Bullet »
He reminds me of me when I was in my prime. Quick, and with a shot like a bullet!
« Last Edit: June 17, 2017, 03:41:35 pm by Bentley Bullet »

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on June 17, 2017, 02:24:35 pm by idler »
Hope he's not firing blanks though. 😉

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on June 17, 2017, 02:38:54 pm by Bentley Bullet »
We're scraping the bottom of the Barrel now.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #69 on June 17, 2017, 03:01:24 pm by idler »
You're right, I'll go find a magazine to change the subject.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on June 17, 2017, 03:29:44 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Looking forward to him and Tommy Gunning teams down.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on June 17, 2017, 03:34:58 pm by idler »
Shame big Bren wasn't still here.

Susan Abbott

• Forum Member
Alex Kiwomya
« Reply #72 on June 18, 2017, 09:42:29 pm by Susan Abbott »
Of course Marquis needs to sign - sign on for longer, thus ensuring he becomes part of our resurgence and assault towards the Championship. He is the perfect example of future investment, as if he has another good season in league 1, he will command a much bigger fee. The alternative is, if he doesn't sign an extension, him being sold at the halfway point next season or risk him walking away for nothing next summer. That would be just plain stupid - have you forgotten already what happened with Paul Green?
Paul Green couldn't hit a barn door with a tank , Marquis is a half decent striker and is worth a decent contract , if he's delaying signing its down his choices that are available and Rovers must be just one . It would be silly for him to stay under sufferance and risk not featuring week in week out as the reason he came here was to play regularly. So it must be that another club wants him but don't fancy paying over the odds and are muddying  the waters with a stupid under valued bid .This will  take DF some sorting I think he'll stay now that he's got a new partner up front . The ambition of the club will be at the root of this .

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on June 18, 2017, 10:03:24 pm by Ldr »
Paul Green couldn't hit a barn door with a tank , Marquis is a half decent striker and is worth a decent contract , if he's delaying signing its down his choices that are available and Rovers must be just one . It would be silly for him to stay under sufferance and risk not featuring week in week out as the reason he came here was to play regularly. So it must be that another club wants him but don't fancy paying over the odds and are muddying  the waters with a stupid under valued bid .This will  take DF some sorting I think he'll stay now that he's got a new partner up front . The ambition of the club will be at the root of this .

Or he could still be on holiday and you are doom mongering.............

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on June 19, 2017, 08:53:10 am by Alan Southstand »
Susan, you have missed the point - I was referring to the manner in which Paul Green's contract was allowed to expire! :facepalm:

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on June 19, 2017, 09:45:01 am by drfchound »

Marquis seems to have been on holiday for about 4 weeks now.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on June 19, 2017, 09:59:41 am by RedJ »
Well he does earn a lot more money and get a lot more time off work than the vast majority of us...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on June 19, 2017, 10:12:21 am by GazLaz »

Been to Dubai and Portugal.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on June 19, 2017, 10:42:34 am by drfchound »

Been to Dubai and Portugal.

Stalker?

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on June 19, 2017, 11:27:53 am by swintonrover »
Well he has been posting daily holiday photos on his public instagram account, not like Gaz has been following him with a camera

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on June 19, 2017, 11:36:15 am by GazLaz »
The fact he goes out with Lewis Dunks sister still grates on me.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on June 19, 2017, 11:39:26 am by idler »
It would grate more if he was going out with Lewis Dunk.😉

Drover

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on June 19, 2017, 11:59:49 am by Drover »
My guess is,JM's agent will be trying to hold off on the contract extension,as long as possible upto start of season,to see if any offers come in that he'd seriously consider,if there are none,then he'd be daft IMHO not to sign,because all it could take is him carrying on his lack of scoring,that he did in the last half dozen games or so last season,and its possible with a step up in league too,and then the knives could be out and he could end up like Williams,with what upto now looks a lack of interest in him.I think he'll sign between now and season start.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on June 19, 2017, 01:25:17 pm by drfchound »
Well he has been posting daily holiday photos on his public instagram account, not like Gaz has been following him with a camera

Some of us don't do instagram and twitter.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on June 19, 2017, 02:09:11 pm by RoversAlias »

Some of us don't do instagram and twitter.

And? You called Gaz a stalker, it was pointed out that it is easy to know where he's been on holiday due to social media. Not like anyone was getting at you Hound mate  ;)

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on June 19, 2017, 02:12:25 pm by drfchound »
TBH i was expecting someone to come back with a post suggesting i was a dinosaur or something.

I called Gaz a stalker because, ................well he probably is !!!! :chair:

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on June 19, 2017, 02:17:55 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
I can see Kiwomya and Marquis being a superb pairing, both quick to react and forward minded. If there is that special chemistry too then we could be treated to watching a sublime and deadly duo.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012