Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 04:51:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Conor Grant  (Read 7017 times)

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Conor Grant
« Reply #30 on June 21, 2017, 08:16:16 am by DearneValleyRover »
The reports back from Wrexham in respect to Lund were not very good apparently so along with training when he came back as led DF to make the decision to list him. Middleton has gone backwards for me, he needs to be far more athletic than he is. Mason apart from the last few games where all were poor had a good season. Grant was offered a contract and declined to sign it then played as though he didn't want to be here.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on June 21, 2017, 10:55:02 am by RedJ »
I work with a bloke who's been a manager in the upper reaches of non-league for years and he reckons (and so do I tbh) listing the young lads might be an attempt at a kick up the arse.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on June 22, 2017, 10:51:29 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
It could indeed. Copps was on the verge of being farmed out to Rotherham in his early years. He did ok for himself!

On Lund, on his return came on as a sub and you could see DF giving him specific instructions as he came on. Within a short period Lund dropped a clanger and DF went apeshit! Maybe DF doesn't think he's got it between the ears!

Middleton's just too slow and predictable. Whilst he has some ball skills it's often not quick enough to give us that extra yard. Often the opposition telegraph his moves and intercept. It's a pity, as we don't have many 'ball players' with a silky touch in the mould of Wellens, Copps, Stock etc., which I thought Middleton had some of.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on June 22, 2017, 11:16:11 am by RoversAlias »
I think you're right Baz, when they were both announced for the transfer list I suspected it had more to do with their character / mentality than their footballing ability. Not to say they aren't good lads, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was the mental side of them in games and in training that DF has decided to chuck them based on.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012