Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 03:43:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: DF interview  (Read 9686 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
DF interview
« on June 21, 2017, 12:32:10 pm by Dare to dream! »
#drfc boss Darren Ferguson says #CFC mf Jordan Houghton could be availble to sign in this window, after a quicker than expected recovery.

#drfc boss DF says he'll sit down with John Marquis next week to talk about a new contract. He remains confident a deal will be done.

#drfc boss DF says he wants another defender, midfielder and forward. Andy Williams is in talks with another club and could soon depart.

#drfc boss DF suggests than some of his future incomngs will be "experienced", after signing largely younger players so far this summer.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: DF interview
« Reply #1 on June 21, 2017, 12:41:05 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Doubt we'd have them all in by next week now.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on June 21, 2017, 12:44:29 pm by GazLaz »
Williams was on my flight back from Greece last week. Says he's definitely going. Bristol Rovers one of the clubs interested.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on June 21, 2017, 01:19:12 pm by anton123 »
I think he will sign for Bristol rovers seems a good move for all party's involved

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on June 21, 2017, 01:48:00 pm by drfchound »
If he does i wonder what are the chances (not odds) of him scoring against us.

tommy toes

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on June 21, 2017, 02:55:58 pm by tommy toes »
I spoke to Andy W a couple of weeks ago.
He was saying then that he wanted to stay but would only move to a club near here and then only if it suited.
Said his wife is due to give birth in August and wants to keep the same antenatal care as she has now, which is understandable.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on June 21, 2017, 03:36:06 pm by balbyrover »
Walsall bound

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on June 21, 2017, 03:41:54 pm by drfchound »
Well that is close to Donny !!

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on June 21, 2017, 04:20:16 pm by balbyrover »

Just relaying what I've heard.. i would've liked him to have stayed to be honest.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on June 21, 2017, 04:26:04 pm by RedJ »

Commutable, definitely. Jones and co used to travel from the North East.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on June 21, 2017, 04:47:05 pm by drfchound »
Agreed, Copps still does.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on June 21, 2017, 05:49:31 pm by GazLaz »
Guisborough to Donny is a much better run than Walsall to Donny.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on June 22, 2017, 11:01:38 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Article today suggests 'other dealings' could affect the deal offered to Marquis and other recruitment.

Now, I believe managers should be responsible and stick to the budget however, I think there should be scope for exceptions and with JM being such a key player, any risk to losing him would be bad for the club in terms of it's statement of intent.

I hope there isn't a spanner in the works and sometimes these are the things we don't want to hear.

Once it's done, the sigh of relief will be palpable.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on June 22, 2017, 12:24:56 pm by Alan Southstand »
Totally agree, DBR.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on June 22, 2017, 05:06:03 pm by i_ateallthepies »
If JM thinks one great season gives him enough clout to dictate terms it could all too easily go wrong for him.  He to has to balance the pros and cons.  Players already have too much leverage, the club will have decided it's value for each player and should stick to it.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on June 22, 2017, 05:12:18 pm by roversontheup »
If JM thinks one great season gives him enough clout to dictate terms it could all too easily go wrong for him.  He to has to balance the pros and cons.  Players already have too much leverage, the club will have decided it's value for each player and should stick to it.
I suspect it's more about his agent stirring it up. I guess that's why Fergie is confident of it being sorted once he speaks to JM face to face.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on June 22, 2017, 05:21:52 pm by mushRTID »
He's been on holiday, chill out.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on June 22, 2017, 05:56:50 pm by RoversAlias »
Everyone seriously needs to get a grip. The endless speculation about Marquis when there is no basis for any is just ridiculous. He's been away, he'll be back in training next week with everyone else and Fergie will sit down with him then. It's very simple yet everyone wants to find umpteen reasons why he hasn't signed yet.

I'd say I can't wait for the season to start and end all this boring negativity but let's be honest, plenty of folk will be moaning once the season gets underway even if we win every week.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on June 22, 2017, 06:32:50 pm by RedJ »
He says, while moaning about moaning. ;)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on June 22, 2017, 07:51:50 pm by idler »
Everyone seriously needs to get a grip. The endless speculation about Marquis when there is no basis for any is just ridiculous. He's been away, he'll be back in training next week with everyone else and Fergie will sit down with him then. It's very simple yet everyone wants to find umpteen reasons why he hasn't signed yet.

I'd say I can't wait for the season to start and end all this boring negativity but let's be honest, plenty of folk will be moaning once the season gets underway even if we win every week.
I would imagine that unlike players that have bought houses and have families here JM will have also been back down south with his family.
No doubt his agent will have advised him not to rush into anything and look too eager to sign.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on June 22, 2017, 08:11:23 pm by Filo »

I would imagine that unlike players that have bought houses and have families here JM will have also been back down south with his family.
No doubt his agent will have advised him not to rush into anything and look too eager to sign.

He's still under contract, rushing into things is not an option unless the club want rid

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on June 22, 2017, 09:33:49 pm by keith79 »
i remember Chris brown and tommy spur eager to sign new deals.......
although i think marquis will sign one

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on June 22, 2017, 09:36:48 pm by drfchound »
In Spurrs' case, didn't he eventually say that he got fed up of waiting for the club to table an offer ?
It was during the close season of one of the takeover attempts and nothing was happening on the signings front.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on June 22, 2017, 09:42:01 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Yeah can't blame Spurr.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on June 22, 2017, 09:55:51 pm by RedJ »
In Spurrs' case, didn't he eventually say that he got fed up of waiting for the club to table an offer ?
It was during the close season of one of the takeover attempts and nothing was happening on the signings front.

Well, that's the story. But then if your agent knows a club like Blackburn are sniffing you're not exactly going to be in a rush to sign a new deal with Doncaster Rovers...

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on June 22, 2017, 10:13:44 pm by Bessie Red »

Well, that's the story. But then if your agent knows a club like Blackburn are sniffing you're not exactly going to be in a rush to sign a new deal with Doncaster Rovers...
I remember talking to Tommy at the annual charity cricket match that year, which was not far off the beginning of the season & he said he was just waiting for the final contract to be given to him to sign. Obviously something happened from the club side meaning that the contract was never given to him to sign.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on June 22, 2017, 10:45:45 pm by les@donr »
I spoke to Andy W a couple of weeks ago.
He was saying then that he wanted to stay but would only move to a club near here and then only if it suited.
Said his wife is due to give birth in August and wants to keep the same antenatal care as she has now, which is understandable.

Rotherham , Mansfield, Scunny or Lincoln? lots of local possibilities.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on June 22, 2017, 11:52:31 pm by RedJ »

I remember talking to Tommy at the annual charity cricket match that year, which was not far off the beginning of the season & he said he was just waiting for the final contract to be given to him to sign. Obviously something happened from the club side meaning that the contract was never given to him to sign.

Well he's hardly gonna come out and say to you "yeah a bigger club's wanting me so I'm off as soon as they're ready" is he?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on June 23, 2017, 12:39:56 am by Bessie Red »

Well he's hardly gonna come out and say to you "yeah a bigger club's wanting me so I'm off as soon as they're ready" is he?

Dont suppose he is but he always came across as a fairly honest guy to me, but hey you obviously know the inside of his mind better than me!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on June 24, 2017, 11:26:57 am by the vicar »
it gives him the clout as much as he is the only 25 goal a season in years

TinyPortal © 2005-2012