Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 10:09:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Ifollow  (Read 21452 times)

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
Re: Ifollow
« Reply #60 on August 02, 2017, 07:34:54 am by Metalmicky »
Where abouts in New Zealand are you Kiwi Rover

I'm in Auckland. Been here nearly 7 years now.

I was in Auckland for the Lions game on 8 July - really enjoyed it.

We were also in Wellington for the second game and stayed with my cousin (in Karori) - NZ is a lovely place, albeit a tad expensive for drinks.
Spent a fortune on drink and eating out, but wouldn't change a thing. 

What do you do mate...?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 02, 2017, 07:56:10 am by KiwiRover »
Yeah, it's pretty pricey here. And the current abysmal exchange rate won't have helped you. Wouldn't have seemed so bad a couple years ago when you got $2.50 for a quid.

It's a lovely place though, I'm yet to meet an expat who wants to go home.

I try to do as little as possible. NZ is a great place for that! But in the day they insist on me being a business analyst to make ends meet.

Gotta pay for those $10 beers somehow.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 02, 2017, 08:07:43 am by GazLaz »
The app seems to run quite well.

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on August 02, 2017, 08:35:58 am by KiwiRover »
The app seems to run quite well.

The Android version runs pretty well for me. It'll be interesting to see how the live broadcasts go.

Really looking forward to seeing a seasons worth of Rovers action for the first time in years.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #64 on August 02, 2017, 09:44:11 am by roversontheup »
I can watch videos on my iPad using either the App or website. My Mum can watch from the App but when she tries on the website it just goes into a loop and won't play. Anyone any idea what's happening there?

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on August 02, 2017, 10:20:32 am by anton123 »
App ? Is it available for I phone as I can find it in App Store ?

One_Matty_Lucas

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on August 02, 2017, 10:26:36 am by One_Matty_Lucas »
I live in Paris. I subscribed using my work computer which is apparently connected to a UK Server. So i got a UK pass.

Emailed iFollow and they replied without reading my problem ("its OK you have a subscription"). Anyway I managed to subscribe to Overseas (on iPad), but now I have two open subscriptions. They haven't replied about how to cancel my other one...awesome. The whole process is unclear how to use it.

At least I can live stream now on Saturday, downside is trying to convince my missus that I need to stay in the apartment on Saturday instead of doing something!

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on August 02, 2017, 01:34:18 pm by roversontheup »
App ? Is it available for I phone as I can find it in App Store ?
I loaded it from App Store onto my iPad. Just search under Doncaster Rovers. Should see it from there.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on August 02, 2017, 01:39:25 pm by SydneyRover »
You get 46 games with an overseas subscription which means if DR makes the play-offs you miss them. There are mixed messages about pay per game being available.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on August 02, 2017, 01:50:23 pm by GazLaz »
You get 46 games with an overseas subscription which means if DR makes the play-offs you miss them. There are mixed messages about pay per game being available.

You can pay per game, and not ever game is shown to season subscribers. If the game is on the EFL international broadcast, as our game against Peterborough is, you can't watch it.

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on August 02, 2017, 02:02:25 pm by Metalmicky »
Yeah, it's pretty pricey here. And the current abysmal exchange rate won't have helped you. Wouldn't have seemed so bad a couple years ago when you got $2.50 for a quid.

I try to do as little as possible. NZ is a great place for that! But in the day they insist on me being a business analyst to make ends meet.

We've considered the possibility of emigrating. My missus is an audiologist and she would probably be in demand out there...

Is it like your western isle (Australia) and you need to get sponsorship etc...?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on August 02, 2017, 03:12:50 pm by the vicar »
if you go to another country it will cost you about £130 a year but you will get live games on there

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on August 02, 2017, 06:32:30 pm by i_ateallthepies »
I have been unable to access my iFollow account since first trying on the 18th July.  I have even provided proof that they took my monthly direct debit payment on the 19th but they still aren't conceding that I have an account.

I emailed Rovers media department asking for any assistance they could give and haven't so much as had a reply.  Wishing I hadn't bothered with that as now I'm pissed off with the Rovers too.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on August 02, 2017, 07:10:40 pm by the vicar »
i got it on today listened to Fergie but there was no picture

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on August 02, 2017, 09:05:33 pm by KiwiRover »

We've considered the possibility of emigrating. My missus is an audiologist and she would probably be in demand out there...

Is it like your western isle (Australia) and you need to get sponsorship etc...?

Couldn't really tell you. I came here married to a Kiwi I met in London, so it was a breeze for me.
It is slowly getting harder, don't think it's as tough as Australia though. They're really not keen on foreigners over there! They're not even happy about Kiwi's going there.

There's a required skills list somewhere. Have a look at the NZ immigration website. If you're on that (and you're white and speak English), you're off to a good start.

It's a good place to get away from it all. There are times you might forget the rest of the world exists.

Not much footie here, but they really, really like egg chasing!

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on August 02, 2017, 09:14:56 pm by Metalmicky »

Couldn't really tell you. I came here married to a Kiwi I met in London, so it was a breeze for me.
It is slowly getting harder, don't think it's as tough as Australia though. They're really not keen on foreigners over there! They're not even happy about Kiwi's going there.

There's a required skills list somewhere. Have a look at the NZ immigration website. If you're on that (and you're white and speak English), you're off to a good start.

It's a good place to get away from it all. There are times you might forget the rest of the world exists.

Not much footie here, but they really, really like egg chasing!

Thanks for that - and we are looking into it...

My missus fancies Australia more - where I have other relatives, but I took a great liking to NZ and in particular Wellington... nothing against Auckland BTW

Will continue to look and see where we get. I would love to get out of the UK - spent most of my life overseas anyway (in the forces) - but find the daily grind and general depression grinds me down...

We'll see where this takes us....

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on August 02, 2017, 09:32:41 pm by RedJ »
Wellington have a half decent football side that play in the Aussie league as well.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on August 02, 2017, 10:19:10 pm by SydneyRover »
i got it on today listened to Fergie but there was no picture

You probably got the service intended for audiologists

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on August 02, 2017, 10:38:28 pm by KiwiRover »
Wellington have a half decent football side that play in the Aussie league as well.

Yeah, Wellington Phoenix. They play a couple games a season in Auckland. I always pop along when they do. Not many other people do though. A couple of thousand at most. Not sure how many they get when they play in Wellington. They're not really very successful, and almost had their registration for the Aussie league withdrawn at the end of last season. There's people that argue their inclusion doesn't much benefit the league.

I do go watch Auckland City play in the NZ Stirling Sports Premiership. They pull crowds of a few hundred. It's a semi pro franchise league. So the teams contesting it change willy nilly. City walk it pretty much every season. Then they win the Oceania Champions League against teams from Samoa, Fiji and the like and qualify for the the Club World Cup. They came third in that a few seasons back. Nearly set up a final with Real Madrid. That would have been a cricket score!

Dave Mulligan used to play for them for a bit of a Rovers connection.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on August 02, 2017, 11:50:45 pm by RedJ »
Don't really understand why Phoenix are in A-League cos they don't really compete and they can't qualify for the Asian Champions League for a reason that escapes me so it's a bit pointless really. Can only think they get more money than they would in the NZ Premiership.

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on August 03, 2017, 12:12:02 am by KiwiRover »
Phoenix reserves play in the NZ prem these days.
I believe NZ prem teams are only allowed to pay a few hundred $ a week. Guess the Phoenix get around that somehow.

The players here all wanna move to the A league if they can. A Fijian kid called Krishna did it a couple seasons back. He was tearing teams apart in NZ. Scores a good few for the 'Nix in the A league now. Always thought he could play in a better league to be honest.

KiwiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #81 on August 03, 2017, 02:16:48 am by KiwiRover »
Presumably Phoenix don't qualify for the Asia Champions League because they're from NZ and count as Oceana, despite playing in the A league. Daft, really.

When Auckland City get prize money from the CWC (I think I remember reading it was $3-4mill when they came third - quite a pot), it goes to the NZ football federation and gets distributed around all NZ sides. I'd guess the 'Nix don't see any of it.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on August 03, 2017, 05:33:46 am by SydneyRover »

You can pay per game, and not ever game is shown to season subscribers. If the game is on the EFL international broadcast, as our game against Peterborough is, you can't watch it.

From the FAQ:

Can I purchase a pass on a monthly basis or for a single game?

At present only season passes are available.

So why would you purchase it, watch your team all season only to miss any finals play off?

The FAQ doesn't make it clear how many of the "delayed" matches you can watch, are these included in the 46?

I have sent questions through but IFollow are obviously in a meeting to decide on the answers

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #83 on August 03, 2017, 08:41:01 am by SydneyRover »
IFollow

Q: IFollow states that overseas subscribers can watch 46 games per season and that over 1500 games are to be streamed, can you watch any game or only those of the club you are registered with?
Q:Is there a Windows app available? How many non-live games can overseas subscribers watch? Are these game part of the 46 games quota?

A: Thank you for contacting iFollow support.

iFollow subscriptions cover the 46 league games; however, some clubs will be broadcasting some of their friendlies through the iFollow player.

Broadcasting is up to the club. Please contact the club directly at /contact-us/ to see which matches they will broadcast through the club’s iFollow site.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on August 03, 2017, 09:46:13 am by RedJ »
Presumably Phoenix don't qualify for the Asia Champions League because they're from NZ and count as Oceana, despite playing in the A league. Daft, really.

When Auckland City get prize money from the CWC (I think I remember reading it was $3-4mill when they came third - quite a pot), it goes to the NZ football federation and gets distributed around all NZ sides. I'd guess the 'Nix don't see any of it.

Could be that, but then Canadian teams are allowed to qualify for the NACL, despite playing in an American first tier. Though I think they get their continental places through this weird cup thing they do for the best Canadian teams so I guess that's how they get around it.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on August 03, 2017, 11:06:43 am by WheatleyRover »
Do the club get any money from this IFollow thing?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #86 on August 03, 2017, 11:08:35 am by MrFrost »
IFollow

Q: IFollow states that overseas subscribers can watch 46 games per season and that over 1500 games are to be streamed, can you watch any game or only those of the club you are registered with?
Q:Is there a Windows app available? How many non-live games can overseas subscribers watch? Are these game part of the 46 games quota?

iFollow subscriptions cover the 46 league games; however, some clubs will be broadcasting some of their friendlies through the iFollow player.

Broadcasting is up to the club. Please contact the club directly at /contact-us/ to see which matches they will broadcast through the club’s iFollow site.

Is Saturday's game being broadcast? I'm out of the country and might try it although the app is useless.

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #87 on August 03, 2017, 11:59:17 am by SydneyRover »
IFollow

Is Saturday's game being broadcast? I'm out of the country and might try it although the app is useless.
It states that 46 games are being streamed so I would think it is, but it will cost you $130 Euros for the overseas live package.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on August 03, 2017, 03:42:50 pm by silent majority »
Do the club get any money from this IFollow thing?

Yes of course.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on August 03, 2017, 08:07:27 pm by MrFrost »
IFollow

It states that 46 games are being streamed so I would think it is, but it will cost you $130 Euros for the overseas live package.

From what I've seen advertised you can watch a one off game for a fiver.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012