Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:00:15 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Catering nothings changed  (Read 32675 times)

deebee

• Forum Member
Catering nothings changed
« on August 05, 2017, 04:03:36 pm by deebee »
Just been to kiosk in South Stand no steak pies, no sausage rolls no ketchup and wouldn't,  except a Scottish 10 pound note until I insisted he fetch his manager who said he could take it it, s sterling. WHAT A JOKE.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Catering nothings changed
« Reply #1 on August 05, 2017, 05:01:35 pm by MrFrost »
They don't hold enough stock for match days. It has always been the case.

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 05, 2017, 05:03:41 pm by craigdrfc »
Its time they got boycotted, been awful for years now. Sometimes its the only way.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 05, 2017, 05:09:11 pm by GazLaz »
Queues too long and toilets blocked.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 05, 2017, 05:11:43 pm by mushRTID »
Agree with the boycott. They obviously don't care as it's been the same for years and nothing changes, it's the only way they will learn.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 05, 2017, 05:33:19 pm by 5minstogo »
I just want this on record. My pie was the best ever. Loads of chicken in it. I nearly took it back thinking it was a mistake

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 05, 2017, 05:47:33 pm by RoversAlias »
I just want this on record. My pie was the best ever. Loads of chicken in it. I nearly took it back thinking it was a mistake

They probably put all the chicken they had in that one pie, you lucky sod.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 05, 2017, 05:49:39 pm by mushRTID »
Had to laugh, even a gillingham fan on twitter was moaning they'd run out of burgers 15 min before kick off.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 05, 2017, 05:49:46 pm by silent majority »

Queues where and which toilets Gaz?

Mac the hooped man

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 05, 2017, 05:52:21 pm by Mac the hooped man »

The chicken balti pie is one of the nicest Ive ever had.   

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 05, 2017, 06:06:17 pm by johnny rovers »
The quicker the catering is brought in house just like the knights do at castle park the better! It will mean a better service and better quality products.

What annoys me is all the moaning that happens and nothing ever changers.

Club Doncaster would be better ripping out all the kiosks and have two burger vans in each concourse similar to Mansfield! Far better, decent food, good portions for the price and plenty of stock, it would be great to get a burger on the way out of the ground! 🙄🍔🍔

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 05, 2017, 06:43:23 pm by MrFrost »

The toilets have been blocked in the west stand for years

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 05, 2017, 06:52:26 pm by johnny rovers »
FAO silent Majority, are the kiosks part the centrepiece (or whatever they call themselves) contract. If so, when does the contract expire?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 05, 2017, 07:22:16 pm by silent majority »

No they haven't, which is why I'm asking. The club have pursued a policy of aggressive maintenance on all toilet blocks since we raised it with them. Early last season the club inspected every block during the early games of the season and found no fault.

If you wish to report something be more specific.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 05, 2017, 07:24:35 pm by MrFrost »

The ones in the West Stand closest to the South were blocked before kick off in the Sheffield Wednesday friendly. Added to this, only one TV on the concourse, various lights out which was the same last season. I'll take a photo of it all when i'm back in the country - the maintenance on the stadium has been poor since day one.

No they haven't, which is why I'm asking. The club have pursued a policy of aggressive maintenance on all toilet blocks since we raised it with them. Early last season the club inspected every block during the early games of the season and found no fault.

If you wish to report something be more specific.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 05, 2017, 07:25:08 pm by MrFrost »
The ones in the West Stand closest to the South were blocked before kick off in the Sheffield Wednesday friendly. Added to this, only one TV on the concourse, various lights out which was the same last season. I'll take a photo of it all when i'm back in the country - the maintenance on the stadium has been poor since day one.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 05, 2017, 07:25:45 pm by silent majority »
FAO silent Majority, are the kiosks part the centrepiece (or whatever they call themselves) contract. If so, when does the contract expire?

The contract has a long way to go.

As daft as this may sound the emails and letters the club gets that praise the concourses at the Keepmoat far outweighs the negative stuff posted on here. It makes it difficult to have a constructive conversation with the club when all we have to go on is 'the catering is shite'.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 05, 2017, 07:27:00 pm by MrFrost »

As daft as this may sound the emails and letters the club gets that praise the concourses at the Keepmoat far outweighs the negative stuff posted on here. It makes it difficult to have a constructive conversation with the club when all we have to go on is 'the catering is shite'.

So people genuinely write letters praising our concourse kiosks?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 05, 2017, 07:30:45 pm by silent majority »

I'm going to have to disagree with you again. The inspections that our club have to go through with regard to maintenance and safety to enable them to open to the general public have always given the club a 100% rating and a big fat thumbs up. This close season, because of the Grenfell fire tragedy, has meant that every single football club has had extra inspection and yet again we've been seen to be more than vigilant.

But rather than argue with you, and no doubt you'll disagree with me, I'll get the club to give me the actual detail of the safety and maintenance inspections.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on August 05, 2017, 07:30:59 pm by silent majority »

Yes they do.

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on August 05, 2017, 07:31:42 pm by mushRTID »

Yes they do.

Genuinely can't get my head around that.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on August 05, 2017, 07:37:55 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
To be fair, the catering is very basic. Most things you expect are in place. Aside from the shortage of steak pies which is a regular occurrence in the West Stand, the queues are reasonable, the speed of service is reasonable. I don't expect much so I'm rarely disappointed.

Until the club allows competition through burger vans etc outside, nothing much will change I suspect.

Good to see some forward thinking with the bottle bar outside the BVB.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 05, 2017, 07:47:14 pm by johnny rovers »

Yes they do.

There the ones who probably purchase something at 1:45. Surely to god, the club can't think it is right that fans fail to purchase basic refreshments at half time. It's very poor!

The aim should that the facilities only heep praise and compliants about running out of refreshments happen once in a blue moon and not every game

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 05, 2017, 07:48:21 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Toilet in the West Stand nearest the South Stand was blocked to overflowing at half time

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 05, 2017, 08:01:10 pm by johnny rovers »
Toilet in the West Stand nearest the South Stand was blocked to overflowing at half time

"Frost and Son's" - the toilet interrogating twosome😜

donnygav93

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 05, 2017, 08:08:47 pm by donnygav93 »

Shits going down with these two or rather it isn't

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 05, 2017, 08:21:57 pm by roversdude »
Talking to a gills fan today, said that they were going through a court case with Centreplate

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 05, 2017, 08:36:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
With the season starting I feel duty bound to make the same point again, for the fifth season. 

We sell a load of crap that nobody wants. Reduce menu down to three pies - steak, balti and a veg one. Sell a decent lager, bitter and cider.

That is all folk want!

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on August 05, 2017, 08:41:47 pm by johnny rovers »
With the season starting I feel duty bound to make the same point again, for the fifth season. 

We sell a load of crap that nobody wants. Reduce menu down to three pies - steak, balti and a veg one. Sell a decent lager, bitter and cider.

That is all folk want!

A belle vue burger would be very welcome!!🍔

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on August 05, 2017, 08:47:51 pm by mushRTID »
I still don't see the problem with vending machines (in the home ends) selling bottles of pop and water.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012