Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 05:12:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Catering nothings changed  (Read 32681 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Catering nothings changed
« Reply #30 on August 05, 2017, 08:51:52 pm by Donnywolf »
Sorry - I seem to be a bloke that just repeats what I have said before and I will do again. This is the 6th time and nowts changed yet

We as Forum Posters / Fans / general know all's can suggest / cajole / offer "imo" type solutions - some very good - but unless ANYONE with the power to change things sits up and a) takes more than a passing interest and b) takes effective action  then NOTHING is going to get any better any time soon

I know people will say / have said they don't bother any more and in that way they are immune from what happens on the Concourses but for the ones that DO want to buy food this whole (holistic) Catering thing needs solving from the quality to the quantity to the quite lengthy waits !

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on August 05, 2017, 09:25:58 pm by johnny rovers »
Sorry - I seem to be a bloke that just repeats what I have said before and I will do again. This is the 6th time and nowts changed yet

We as Forum Posters / Fans / general know all's can suggest / cajole / offer "imo" type solutions - some very good - but unless ANYONE with the power to change things sits up and a) takes more than a passing interest and b) takes effective action  then NOTHING is going to get any better any time soon

I know people will say / have said they don't bother any more and in that way they are immune from what happens on the Concourses but for the ones that DO want to buy food this whole (holistic) Catering thing needs solving from the quality to the quantity to the quite lengthy waits !

Some good strong words Wolfy!

Going back to the Mansfield away game over the last festive period. There simple, effective and somewhat delightful burger van was still open after the game shifting plenty of burgers, trays of chips and drinks as fans pouredout of the exit tunnels which added to the stags coffers!

Just why on earth will this never be the case at the keepmoat I do not know!

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on August 05, 2017, 09:28:18 pm by mushRTID »

Going back to the Mansfield away game over the last festive period. There simple, effective and somewhat delightful burger van was still open after the game shifting plenty of burgers, trays of chips and drinks as fans pouredout of the exit tunnels which added to the stags coffers!

Because we're tied in to a long contract by the sounds of it.

Mansfields burgers were lovely by the way.

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on August 05, 2017, 09:46:19 pm by johnny rovers »

I know, I had one too!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on August 05, 2017, 09:48:54 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The ones in the West Stand closest to the South were blocked before kick off in the Sheffield Wednesday friendly. Added to this, only one TV on the concourse, various lights out which was the same last season. I'll take a photo of it all when i'm back in the country - the maintenance on the stadium has been poor since day one.

I'm going to have to disagree with you again. The inspections that our club have to go through with regard to maintenance and safety to enable them to open to the general public have always given the club a 100% rating and a big fat thumbs up. This close season, because of the Grenfell fire tragedy, has meant that every single football club has had extra inspection and yet again we've been seen to be more than vigilant.

But rather than argue with you, and no doubt you'll disagree with me, I'll get the club to give me the actual detail of the safety and maintenance inspections.

perhaps they would like to include the South Stand urinal that was removed some years ago under the councils regime, they couldnt sort the leaks/blockages out so it was removed  its pretty obvious which one its got the stainless steel bit you pee in missing :) as for centreplate they don't care about the once a fortnight(ish) 8 month a year concourses no matter all their promises they are only interested in the moneyspinning  corporate/private 12 month a year function areas sorry but thats where they earn from and to be honest its very good,  however perhaps we could also include the question "where have the south stand tv's gone to which the answer from a high ranking person at Drfc was I havent a clue I don't know I'lll ask and get back to you .......no answer, then about 18/month 2 years later something came up and the club turned round and said they removed them them for safety reasons  to stop people congregating and to make the queues to the the kiosks easier.   The simple answer stop the bloody bullshit and sort it :)

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on August 05, 2017, 09:51:47 pm by johnny rovers »

I know, I had one too🍔

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on August 05, 2017, 09:55:46 pm by mushRTID »

I know, I had one too🍔

Rumour has it that its the first thing Steve Evans sorted on arrival.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on August 06, 2017, 12:21:25 am by Filo »

The mansfield burger van outside and inside the away end is run by a bloke from Bawtry, i got a burger there before most of our lot got there and he was telling me he was from Bawtry

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on August 06, 2017, 02:00:55 am by godlike1 »
Street food is the way to go. Would be great to have vans selling food from around the world outside the ground before and after kick off. Pay ground rent to rivers, centreplate pick up the halftime mob or those that want pucka pies rtf

The key is to offer more than we want, I think we get only just about enough. In fairness the kiosk I was at in the south stand was well run by the 4 lasses manning it and the meat pie was nice and full of........meat

craigdrfc

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on August 06, 2017, 08:44:08 am by craigdrfc »
Suspect there is something in the contract with centreplate that means we can't allow other food suppliers within a certain radius of the stadium??? Otherwise surely Rovers would already be getting extra revenue from food vans and the like??
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 09:53:11 am by craigdrfc »

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on August 06, 2017, 09:48:47 am by IDM »
I can't speak for others but I used the catering in the south stand concourse at around 2.40.

I got served within a couple of minutes, my pie was hot, the pint was fresh pulled and a reasonable measure (not all head) I got service with a smile and correct change.

Now that was at a time when the kiosk wasn't busy, but that was my choice to use the facilities then rather than at half time..

Will we be employing pre-ordering for half time drinks?  That is a good idea I think..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on August 06, 2017, 10:44:48 am by RedJ »
Do they still do that Donny's Deli thing in the family stand?

They could roll that out elsewhere, but without the bringing it to your seat aspect.

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on August 06, 2017, 11:10:05 am by bobjimwilly »
Do they still do that Donny's Deli thing in the family stand?

They could roll that out elsewhere, but without the bringing it to your seat aspect.

Donny's deli will be back again for the next home game (www.donnysdeli.co.uk)
During initial discussions around Donnys Deli I floated the idea of eventually expanding it to the south and west stands, and having a separate area, possibly a branded "booth" in the family stand, where you simply collected your meal with an email receipt; a very practical solution to reducing queues at half time I think? Would reduce queues and take the guesswork out of managing stock levels, which means people would also get the pies they actually want, rather than walking away with nothing after queuing for 15 mins.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2017, 11:14:36 am by bobjimwilly »

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #43 on August 06, 2017, 11:24:52 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Some while ago, we discussed the development of a fan park, street food vendors would be an integral part of that. We have what is now 'The Square' which is the seating outside the BVB which is good. As said, they've added a bottle bar to it which is good. (Shame they had to take the hoardings down due to the wind yesterday).

However, as long as Centreplate have the monopoly, then it's a shame we can't bring in something different to enhance the prematch, half time and post match experience.

There are things that Centreplate cannot do. Griddled burgers, proper onions, other types of street food, wraps, bratwurst, chicken etc, etc.

That's where I'd hope we could get around the contract issues by providing alternatives they cannot deliver.

curley

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on August 06, 2017, 08:29:34 pm by curley »
Tried to charge me £11.70 for a Burger & 2 bottles of pop in the East stand.
They will not get another chance. :byebye:

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #45 on August 06, 2017, 09:48:33 pm by POD »
I'm not sure why anyone needs or wants to eat anything at 3.45pm.  If you were at home would you really be getting the frying pan out to make a burger or put the oven on to heat up a pie.  I think it is just tradition or habit that dictates that you must eat at a time which is right in the middle of normal mealtimes on other days.  The same with beer, surely it is possible to have a couple of pints at the pub before the match and another afterwards, to avoid having to queue up and hastily drink an overpriced pint in a few short minutes at half time. 
There's a saying that if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #46 on August 06, 2017, 10:06:32 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
For some, like going to the cinema and fancying popcorn and icecream, it's about choices. Sure, it's not compulsory, but for some it enhances their match day experience.

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on August 06, 2017, 10:30:17 pm by balbyrover »
I never buy anything from the keepmoat now, other than alcohol. (Even thats poor quality. )
Its not just the keepmoat though,most footbsll grounds and concert venues etc sell poor overpriced food and drink.

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on August 06, 2017, 10:52:57 pm by Move DRFC »
I'm not sure why anyone needs or wants to eat anything at 3.45pm.  If you were at home would you really be getting the frying pan out to make a burger or put the oven on to heat up a pie.  I think it is just tradition or habit that dictates that you must eat at a time which is right in the middle of normal mealtimes on other days.  The same with beer, surely it is possible to have a couple of pints at the pub before the match and another afterwards, to avoid having to queue up and hastily drink an overpriced pint in a few short minutes at half time. 
There's a saying that if you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got.

When you've been on the bevvies since 10am a bit of scran is just what you need at 3.45pm brother

bradford exile

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on August 06, 2017, 11:05:44 pm by bradford exile »
Queues too long and toilets blocked.

Queues where and which toilets Gaz?

West stand mate......I reported it to a steward and he said he would inform maintenance, don't know if he did mind

Regards

Ray

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on August 06, 2017, 11:24:32 pm by idler »
That same urinal used to get blocked last season.
It's the last one on the right, a small one if you enter the toilet from the end nearest the south stand.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on August 06, 2017, 11:35:04 pm by Dagenham Rover »
your lucky its still there as I said earlier, the solution in the South was to remove the urinal  :blink:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on August 07, 2017, 12:14:17 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
That was very strange to do that. I don't frequent the South stand very often but the last time I went, I got the old man out before realising where there once was a bog, there was a blank wall! Nearly very embarrassing!

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on August 07, 2017, 03:00:35 am by godlike1 »
Some while ago, we discussed the development of a fan park, street food vendors would be an integral part of that. We have what is now 'The Square' which is the seating outside the BVB which is good. As said, they've added a bottle bar to it which is good. (Shame they had to take the hoardings down due to the wind yesterday).

However, as long as Centreplate have the monopoly, then it's a shame we can't bring in something different to enhance the prematch, half time and post match experience.

There are things that Centreplate cannot do. Griddled burgers, proper onions, other types of street food, wraps, bratwurst, chicken etc, etc.

That's where I'd hope we could get around the contract issues by providing alternatives they cannot deliver.

I just think centreplate at least could be pushed to look into this more even if the club contractually can't. They even have street food vendors inside the trinity shopping centre in scummy leeds. The prices are high but the food is fantastic.

I can't think of many if any clubs would have such a thing

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #54 on August 07, 2017, 08:08:48 am by Filo »
The food is shite at the KM, as it is in most other stadiums, but honestly, street vendors? Exotic offerings? Your going to a 90 minutes football match ffs! Not Gordon Ramsey's upmarket resturant!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on August 07, 2017, 09:16:17 am by RedJ »
There's a burger van just round the corner from the ground on the road leading away from that college thing.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on August 07, 2017, 09:21:16 am by wing commander »
  There isn't much me and SM disagree on but this issue will always be one of them...Maybe the reason the club don't get many complaints about it is that people have given up when faced with the general apathy shown by centreplate AND the club toward this issue after trying countless times to get some improvement over the years...
    On Saturday people were walking away from the queue in the South Stand (nearest west) There seemed to be just one guy ambling through his job with no enthusiasm and as soon as people realised they weren't going to get served before ht ended they gave up...
    I was speaking to a few of my friends who visited the Keepmoat last week for the Rugby semi final who were taking the Michael about how we could run out of things before the game even started!!!!
    It's simply beyond me that anybody can evaluate the quality of food and general customer service on those concourses and deem it acceptable and in truth I don't think the club think it is but in reality they seem totally powerless to do anything about it....

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on August 07, 2017, 09:27:41 am by roversdude »
I think it would be a fairer view if someone (independently) carried out a survey in concourse to see why people used/didn't use facilities

TheFunk

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on August 07, 2017, 11:10:33 am by TheFunk »
I was talking to a Rhinos fan yesterday who had been to the semi final. He commented how farcical the whole catering operation was.

Mike_F

• VSC Member
« Reply #59 on August 07, 2017, 11:30:44 am by Mike_F »
The contrast between the Belle Vue Bar and the concourses is staggering.

In the BVB, the queuing system works, the 1879 beer is consistently good (I guess it's another brand relabelled; not entirely dissimilar to Boddies in taste and texture) and the food is great. Several times last season I went to evening games straight from work and happily tucked into pie, peas and a pint.

Go into the SS concourse and the queues move at glacial pace, the selection of food is often limited and the draught beer is dreadful even thought it's the same stuff as the BVB. I shudder to think what the beer lines look like.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012