Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 07:43:18 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: A day of football.  (Read 1849 times)

Nudga

• Forum Member
A day of football.
« on August 12, 2017, 07:35:56 am by Nudga »
Absolutely buzzing this morning. I'm coaching my kids team this morning who are looking sharp and getting ready for our new season in a couple weeks and then straight onto Ewood Park for my first away match in a couple of seasons.
Made even more special as it's the first away game for my two boys. I'm hoping we turn out in numbers and find our voices today as I remember being a kid and away days were magical which cemented my love for my poxy little tin pot club.

See you guys later, much love.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: A day of football.
« Reply #1 on August 12, 2017, 08:47:53 am by RobTheRover »
Have a great day, Nudga. I'll be watching SSN from a bar in Greece.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 12, 2017, 08:48:09 am by WheatleyRover »
Hey Mr, Tin pot clubs as some people like to say, are real football clubs, always root for smaller clubs such as Yeovil and our old opponents now in the football league for the first time Forest Green Rovers, when other fans call our team tin pot, i take it as a compliment.

Hope you all enjoy your day at the game, and lets hope for the 3pts ;)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 12, 2017, 09:11:55 am by Donnywolf »
Yeah agree .... I remember when The Imps became the first Club automatically relegated from the FL Div4

I just felt they had lost a birthright and it should not happen to any Club and empathised so much that I watched every result in that Season desperate for them to prevail and get back what was "rightfully" theirs. Tuesday night games I watched on Teletext or sometimes listened to Radio if I could find coverage

They were one of the Tin Pot Clubs by definition but they made it back and I was pleased for them and others took turns at relegation to the Conference and eventually it was our turn.

So I have the greatest respect for anyone supporting their home town Team rather than those who choose the "easy" route to glory by supporting a winning Team (no names required - of the Team(s) that is)

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 12, 2017, 09:31:30 am by selby »
Enjoy your day, and I hope your boys enjoy and remember as much of the day as possible.
   One thing is certain,no supporter of any massive club will get any more enjoyment from following their  club, than this tin pot club have given me over the years,or the friends and characters I have met.
   Take as many photographs with the phone as possible mate,it will be fun looking back in the future.

arkseyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 12, 2017, 09:41:09 am by arkseyrover »
Well said Nudga. Have a good one mate and good on ya for training up the next generation of Rovers supporters. Also agree with the sentiments expressed by the other posters about supporting your 'tin pot' local teams. Its the real soul and life blood of the game. Stuff the premiership!!

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 12, 2017, 10:32:51 am by DearneValleyRover »
Have a great day all, can't make it as I'm st a Dragon Boat race event supporting Bluebell Wood

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 12, 2017, 10:47:09 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Grass roots all the way. I'm sick of hearing the word 'Premiership' already. Anyone would think football doesn't exist outside the top tier.

Football Focus? No, Premiership focus! Football actually started last week, although the BBC didn't seem to notice.

At least the Championship used to get a look in on Friday nights. No more. The Premiership has infested that slot now.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 12, 2017, 10:54:57 am by ian1980 »
Same as me Nudga. First away day with my two boys. Just at station now ready to go.

COME ON ROVERS !!!

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 12, 2017, 01:03:18 pm by drfchound »
Nudga, that sounds like a perfect day.
Over a thousands Rovers fans there today but sadly I can't be one of them due to family commitments.
I am looking forward to being able to take my grandson to see my team in a couple of years time.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 05:50:03 pm by drfchound »

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 12, 2017, 05:15:54 pm by bobjimwilly »
what a game for your kids to experience their first away day!  :woot: :scarf:

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 12, 2017, 05:17:26 pm by idler »
They'll think that every away day will be like this now.

Nudga

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 12, 2017, 07:03:40 pm by Nudga »
Wow! They absolutely loved it and didn't stop laughing all afternoon. One proud dad here.

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 12, 2017, 08:47:27 pm by ian1980 »
A 1-3 win helps but my two have thoroughly enjoyed their away day today and have spent the train journey home discussing future away trip destinations. Really happy this evening 👍

balbyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 12, 2017, 09:35:21 pm by balbyrover »
Thats what its all about ! The next generation of supporters.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012