Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 11:35:06 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Do we need a centre half?  (Read 6892 times)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
Re: Do we need a centre half?
« Reply #60 on August 16, 2017, 09:37:46 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Back on topic, the Daily Star today has a piece with DF saying he is puzzled why some fans were doubting Andy Butlers capability to do the business in L1 and that he is cooling his chase for a new CB.

Why was he looking for another one then, he either thought Butler or Wright weren't up to it and he thinks he's been proven wrong.

Because he prefers playing 3 at the back?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on August 16, 2017, 09:39:19 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Butler was shocking last time in league one so you can't blame fans doubting, it's natural.

However he's come back in unreal shape and has started well by all accounts (iv only been Gillingham game) so fair play to him.

No one looked good that season. Confidence was gone.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #62 on August 16, 2017, 09:40:55 pm by Brian Young »
Yes that true it did look promising as well , yet he went elsewhere for MORE money .

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on August 17, 2017, 08:38:47 am by silent majority »
Yes that true it did look promising as well , yet he went elsewhere for MORE money .

So, do you think we should just pay whatever the player/agent asks for?

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on August 17, 2017, 09:01:01 am by Brian Young »
No we should stick to a principle of getting the best for your money and were priced out on budget but that's what it has come down to . If we had signed him would the issue of what Rovers paid him be public knowledge, it only because we didn't sign him that our budget has become the issue . I think DF is doing a fantastic job of building without gambling with his budget .

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #65 on August 17, 2017, 10:44:56 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm happy with Butler, he's solid enough, rarely injured, a senior well respected figure and a great ambassador.

Of course, there will a time when we need to look for successors. Whether Joe Wright matures into his shoes time will tell. If, and a big if, we get up to the Championship then we may need quality in that department so we may need more than Butler, Wright & Baudry can offer.

We may look for a Matt Mills type all rounder, but they don't grow on trees.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on August 17, 2017, 12:49:12 pm by idler »
No we should stick to a principle of getting the best for your money and were priced out on budget but that's what it has come down to . If we had signed him would the issue of what Rovers paid him be public knowledge, it only because we didn't sign him that our budget has become the issue . I think DF is doing a fantastic job of building without gambling with his budget .
The problem isn't just public knowledge though is it. I would imagine that his team mates would know the region of his wage demands. They might then form a queue at DF's door wanting a rise or a move.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on August 17, 2017, 01:46:26 pm by Brian Young »
That not what I said , I referred to the fact we only found out what his demands were, as the reason for why we didn't sign him and  was out of our budget.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012