Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 03:44:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Squad  (Read 1742 times)

KingKendrick

• Forum Member
Squad
« on August 12, 2017, 09:59:44 pm by KingKendrick »
I think I should be the first to admit (credit to fergie) how good we've looked so early on. I had a bleak outlook based off the centre half situation but in every game this season I've been impressed with the style and mentality of the squad. Every signing has been positive and we look comfortable all over he park. By no stretch a finished article but without a doubt a pleasure to watch today and long may it continue.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
Re: Squad
« Reply #1 on August 13, 2017, 01:21:14 am by SydneyRover »
This was good football, control, confidence and DR made Blackburn look a bit bloated and uncomfortable, we chased down everything, there was a few anxious moments around the 40 minute mark with the ball ending up high over our goal and when Copps was replaced the centre looked a bit raggy but it was a professional demolition job. The three goals were great and as was reported on another thread the BR goal came late after the Copps substitute, the with more game time Kongolo will fit in better.

Superspy

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 13, 2017, 09:06:58 am by Superspy »
The defending has certainly looked better in general than I expected it to, given the lack of new centre back. We've started really well as far as I can see. My main concern has never really been quality...more depth...what will happen if we pick up a few injuries? But for now I'm going to sit back and enjoy what I'm seeing.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 13, 2017, 09:31:07 am by Alan Southstand »
The problem is, come the end of August, we can't do a thing, about any problem that surfaces, until January. It's a massive risk, as Bawdry might come back and be ok, but we don't know that for sure and Alcock is nowhere near good enough anymore to fill in at centre back.

Up front, we can ring the changes, except we have no ready replacement for JM.

In midfield, similarly, changes can be made but we'd be more complete with JH added.

Defence has the obvious hole waiting to be filled, but at the moment, with no further injuries or suspensions, we look ok.

rover-n-out

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 13, 2017, 07:00:49 pm by rover-n-out »
Are we all forgetting about Joe Wright, this lad has come in alongside Butler in defense, and has been a revelation.
The times I have seen him he has been commanding and assured.
Yes it will be an added bonus when we get Baudry and Alcock back and fit, but I think Wright deserves some praise for his efforts in defense, he has come in, done a great job, and made sure DF picks him for the foreseeable. Well played Joe, keep it up.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 13, 2017, 08:11:31 pm by RedJ »
I hope Wright doesn't get dropped when Baudry's back purely because he's back from injury.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 13, 2017, 09:57:00 pm by drfchound »
We were a very poor team yesterday and lucky to win.
Blackburn are a far better team and could have won had they been better organised.

Well, according to Blackburn fans anyway. :bbscarf:

TinyPortal © 2005-2012