Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:14:08 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Wimbledon tickets  (Read 3480 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Wimbledon tickets
« on August 14, 2017, 10:41:27 am by MrFrost »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Wimbledon tickets
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2017, 10:54:49 am by IDM »
It's the same for Northampton too..

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2017, 11:42:54 am by RedJ »
Well done to the club for that. Got it out there as soon as they announced prices.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2017, 11:57:56 am by Jenny »
Sensible move for what are relatively small allocations.

It might encourage people to buy tickets in advance for away games too so they don't have to mess around taking stubs up to the ticket office - that way the club get more in ticket commission from the other clubs in the league.

I am already stressing out about how I might get to away games towards the end of the season when I have barely been to any preceding it, although saying that, even Hartlepool made members sale.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2017, 01:20:51 pm by RoversAlias »
There aren't as many small clubs in this division so Wimbledon will be one of the few where you might miss out on this away ticket priority I'd imagine.

It doesn't help that the tickets haven't been sent to us early enough for this or the Blackburn game, only two working weeks to sell the tickets in isn't good enough.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 15, 2017, 10:27:21 am by Jenny »
There aren't as many small clubs in this division so Wimbledon will be one of the few where you might miss out on this away ticket priority I'd imagine.

It doesn't help that the tickets haven't been sent to us early enough for this or the Blackburn game, only two working weeks to sell the tickets in isn't good enough.

I'd have thought two weeks is plenty enough time, especially when we have a home game so people can buy/collect then without having to make a special trip to the ground.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 15, 2017, 10:45:02 am by RoversAlias »

I'd have thought two weeks is plenty enough time, especially when we have a home game so people can buy/collect then without having to make a special trip to the ground.

It is usually 3/4 weeks though and that spreads it out better. For instance, fans wanting to go to all these games have to buy Wimbledon, Hull and Northampton tickets together this week due to the delay, that's not always ideal for people's weekly budgets.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 15, 2017, 10:48:09 am by The Red Baron »
To be honest, I'd have thought Northampton could have been held back a week. The ticket office will be incredibly busy this week.

Ldr

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 15, 2017, 11:53:08 am by Ldr »

It is usually 3/4 weeks though and that spreads it out better. For instance, fans wanting to go to all these games have to buy Wimbledon, Hull and Northampton tickets together this week due to the delay, that's not always ideal for people's weekly budgets.

Agreed, out of drfc control I suspect though

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on August 15, 2017, 12:00:55 pm by silent majority »

The onus is on the home team to deliver to DRFC 4 weeks before the fixture takes place.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 15, 2017, 01:14:19 pm by RoversAlias »

Oh 100%, wasn't intending to say it was down to Rovers as I know we can't do anything until the home side send us the tickets. I thought it was pretty poor that, having had the entire summer to lead up to their first home game, Blackburn couldn't get the tickets to us earlier. Wimbledon apparently have had a technical issue regarding theirs which may be why they were delayed.

DannyRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 15, 2017, 02:55:11 pm by DannyRovers »
I bought Blackburn Tickets on the day, does anyone know if there is a way I can get these put on my account for future away games?

Cheers

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 15, 2017, 03:03:57 pm by Jenny »
You need to take the stub to the ticket office

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 15, 2017, 08:09:10 pm by Brian Young »
It's just as well neither of those fixtures were the opener as it would have caused chaos. I'm a firm believer it's first come first served end of !

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on August 17, 2017, 11:22:57 am by VivaRovers »
A reasoned approach from the club, but unfortunately online ticketing system doesn't seem to recognise past purchases.

I've tweeted the club, so will update on here for anyone else who's facing this issue as well.

UPDATE: If your account isn't recognising your past purchases (i.e. Blackburn) then if you call up and speak to a member of the box office staff they'll rectify it for you.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 11:56:42 am by VivaRovers »

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 18, 2017, 11:41:34 am by DRFC-Hanksie »
A reasoned approach from the club, but unfortunately online ticketing system doesn't seem to recognise past purchases.

I've tweeted the club, so will update on here for anyone else who's facing this issue as well.

UPDATE: If your account isn't recognising your past purchases (i.e. Blackburn) then if you call up and speak to a member of the box office staff they'll rectify it for you.

I phoned up for mine yesterday, she asked me if I went Blackburn and I said yes, went quiet for a minute *typing of keyboard in't background* then she was asking for my card number.

I've either got a really nice polite phone voice or the problem is sorted.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 18, 2017, 12:06:10 pm by VivaRovers »
Must be that they've sorted it then ;)

It was more an issue when trying to buy online I think, but yeah it's fixable with a phone call.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 19, 2017, 09:33:02 pm by elmsallrover »
Yout lucky tryed phoning this morning for a hull ticket for Tuesday night must have been on 30 minutes so tryed on line there was no section for home tickets even todays game by luck the ticket office was open after todays game so managed to call in a get a ticket

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on August 19, 2017, 11:55:23 pm by dknward2 »
The ticket office is open after the game on a trial basis saw a decent queue so hope they keep it going

TinyPortal © 2005-2012