Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 10:41:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Kyle Howkins  (Read 2415 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Kyle Howkins
« on August 14, 2017, 11:01:46 am by selby »
The centre half who impressed at Mansfield has signed a 6 month loan at Cambridge, a bit of a surprise to me I would have thought W.B.A. would have  wanted him to play in a higher division this season.
   Although some of us supporters thought  we needed cover at centre half it seems that Fergie is happy with what we have got,Bury have signed Alex Bruce from Hull on a free as well.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Kyle Howkins
« Reply #1 on August 14, 2017, 11:16:57 am by GazLaz »
Alex Bruce is another shocking signing by Bury. They are wasting money like never before. Howkins would be at very least be back at Mansfield if he was any good.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 14, 2017, 11:29:21 am by drfchound »
Maybe Howkins just had a very good game against us.
he might not be as good as some of us think he is.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 14, 2017, 11:48:55 am by selby »
Gaz he must be some good,West Brom extended his contract last season and Pullis stated he thinks highly of him.At the time we played Mansfield Marquis was on fire,and Howkins gave John one of his hardest games of the season.
  I didnt like the Cambridge manager as a player, but he seems to be willing to give younger players a chance in the team(much like Fergie) and I hope it works out OK for him,its what the lower leagues should be about,giving younger players a chance to play every week with some older pros, and learn their trade properly.
   It is where most of the England teams players of the past served their apprenticeships  (Keegan,Watson,Ball,Wilson,Cohen,Banks,Clements) too many to list,and is still the best place for young players to start their careers.

5minstogo

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 14, 2017, 12:00:19 pm by 5minstogo »
Alex Bruce is another shocking signing by Bury. They are wasting money like never before. Howkins would be at very least be back at Mansfield if he was any good.

Signed non contract terms so probably just trying to prove his fitness to others.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 14, 2017, 12:24:48 pm by GazLaz »
Gaz he must be some good,West Brom extended his contract last season and Pullis stated he thinks highly of him.At the time we played Mansfield Marquis was on fire,and Howkins gave John one of his hardest games of the season.
  I didnt like the Cambridge manager as a player, but he seems to be willing to give younger players a chance in the team(much like Fergie) and I hope it works out OK for him,its what the lower leagues should be about,giving younger players a chance to play every week with some older pros, and learn their trade properly.
   It is where most of the England teams players of the past served their apprenticeships  (Keegan,Watson,Ball,Wilson,Cohen,Banks,Clements) too many to list,and is still the best place for young players to start their careers.

He played very well against us, it doesn't mean he's great every week though. The fact Pulis has given him an extended contract means he sees potential in him as much as him being great now. I will be following his progress closely.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on August 14, 2017, 09:08:22 pm by Alan Southstand »
From reports I have had from a former colleague of mine, Hawkins, when he was fit to play, was one of Mansfield's best defenders last season. He was out injured quite a few times, which is understandable when you see the build of him on one so young. He would have been a good signing for us if we could have got him on a permanent.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 14, 2017, 09:14:53 pm by GazLaz »
From reports I have had from a former colleague of mine, Hawkins, when he was fit to play, was one of Mansfield's best defenders last season. He was out injured quite a few times, which is understandable when you see the build of him on one so young. He would have been a good signing for us if we could have got him on a permanent.

That report shows he didn't play like he did against us every week then.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on August 14, 2017, 09:17:57 pm by Alan Southstand »
Because he didn't play every week, agreed. When he did, he was good. He is a young lad with the body of a much older man and he will suffer injuries in his early years until his body adjusts.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012