Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 05:10:59 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Houghton loan deal just about done...  (Read 8474 times)

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
Houghton loan deal just about done...
« on August 17, 2017, 02:34:07 pm by PDX_Rover »
Reports Paul Goodwin on twitter just now....

Brilliant news.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Houghton loan deal just about done...
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2017, 02:45:40 pm by GazLaz »
He won't get in the side which is a good sign.

Brian Young

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 17, 2017, 04:20:30 pm by Brian Young »
How much £

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on August 17, 2017, 05:11:39 pm by steve@dcfd »

But he can play at right, left and back of the diamond so he may scrape in when fully fit.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on August 17, 2017, 05:16:04 pm by idler »
Great news.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on August 17, 2017, 05:32:46 pm by selby »
  I do not think we will sign him to sit and watch,anyway he is too good for that.
    Instead of trying to see the negative in his signing,I see it as Fergie getting a very good tried and tested player as an addition to our group of players,who will all be needed during what is a long season.
 Last season we identified promotion as a priority,this year we may have a group capable of broadening our horizens to include a long awaited cup run.
   All in all I for one am very happy with Jordans return if it comes off,and think he will add quality to what we already have. 

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 17, 2017, 05:34:55 pm by IDM »
How much £

Doesn't matter - if a deal is done all bar the shouting then there will be a mutually acceptable agreement between Chelsea and us.  I'm happy with that.

Hopefully his recovery will see him in the hoops again soon enough!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on August 17, 2017, 05:42:41 pm by Bessie Red »
How much £

Doesn't matter - if a deal is done all bar the shouting then there will be a mutually acceptable agreement between Chelsea and us.  I'm happy with that.

Hopefully his recovery will see him in the hoops again soon enough!

If we do get him back in the fold I believe we will have a great chance of signing him permanently either in January or August next year.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 17, 2017, 06:05:29 pm by RobTheRover »
Chelsea will see us as a great vehicle for his development. He knows the set up, the other players, the fans, and the style of play. He can really go up to the next level with us and they will see that as very valuable.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 17, 2017, 06:50:29 pm by keith79 »
45million. My window cleaner sister told him. she was having her hair done, when another woman told her

Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on August 17, 2017, 06:53:12 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »
If this deal pays off then it's a massive high 5 to Fergy, absolutely smashed it this summer with the transfers, we look a bloody good/strong side on paper, can see us been in the top 6 throughout the season if we don't get any bad injuries.

PS confirmed on Chelsea Youth twitter page.

https://mobile.twitter.com/chelseayouth/status/898206772254650368

« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 06:58:40 pm by Rich_The_Conisbrough_Rover »

Jonathan

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on August 17, 2017, 07:43:19 pm by Jonathan »
I sincerely hope this is with a view to a permanent deal. Top player.

stuey

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on August 17, 2017, 08:04:40 pm by stuey »

Think you forget how good is/was. Or how we fell apart after his departure last season. IMO he'd comfortably get into this side

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on August 17, 2017, 08:33:55 pm by GazLaz »

Think you forget how good is/was. Or how we fell apart after his departure last season. IMO he'd comfortably get into this side

He's not better than Whiteman. He does the same job and so much more.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 17, 2017, 09:00:40 pm by ravenrover »
So is Whiteman wasted playing defensive. Let JH resume his position and move Whiteman forward. As DF says we have only got Whiteman until Jan at the moment

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 17, 2017, 09:05:56 pm by anton123 »
Think whitemen will step in to right of the diamond for Blair n Blair will play right wing back in the games we play 3 at back

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on August 17, 2017, 09:06:37 pm by GazLaz »
So is Whiteman wasted playing defensive. Let JH resume his position and move Whiteman forward. As DF says we have only got Whiteman until Jan at the moment

He played on the right of a diamond in pre season and wasn't as good as he is sitting in front of the back four. Can't move him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on August 17, 2017, 09:21:20 pm by drfchound »
Whiteman has really impressed me.
It will be interesting to see how DF sees things when they are both available.
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 09:41:28 pm by drfchound »

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 17, 2017, 09:39:44 pm by Alan Southstand »
Whiteman could do just as good a job at the tip of the diamond and he'd get more goals. No need to worry about where any of them play, we now have the makings of one hell of a midfield.

I just wish we had the same options in our defensive line up, but I'll just have to be patient on that one.

Potentially, this midfield, if they all gel together, could see us enjoying football like we used to see in the SOD days, but with a better end product!

Feet back on the floor, let's just hope Jordans rehab stays on the upward curve, for starters.

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 17, 2017, 09:42:50 pm by not on facebook »
When DF was manager at pboro did they not score untold bags of goals and leaked a good amount in at the back in the meantime.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 17, 2017, 09:55:21 pm by selby »
Gaz,I have been just as impressed with Whiteman as you,but one consideration you have got to make is that in the last three games everyone of our players have been at least a 7 out of 10.Only Blair in the first game(understandable in the circumstances) has looked a bit off it,and did not have a bad game at that.
   Whiteman has played very well,but it has been in some very good team performances.
    Houghton played very well last season when we did not play as well as a team and was the stand out player,and McColough did the same in that position in at least 4 out of the last 6 games when hardly anyone else played well.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 17, 2017, 10:48:19 pm by the vicar »
Whiteman could get called back in January, and we don't know how Houghton will play after his injury he might not be the same player, all being well we will have both till the end of season fingers crossed just lets wait and see 

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on August 17, 2017, 10:52:19 pm by dknward2 »
Fingers double crossed that we can get both permanently

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on August 17, 2017, 11:18:57 pm by GazLaz »

We won't get Whiteman permanently. Impossible. Houghton is a different matter. That's why we are bringing him back when we don't really need him, so we are in pole position to strike.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on August 18, 2017, 12:04:16 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
We can see in Whiteman why he's apparently highly thought of at the Blades. If he keeps this standard of performance up, he's likely to be playing Championship football after January.

Rovers91

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 18, 2017, 06:50:10 am by Rovers91 »

More chance of us resigning Guy Ipoua than getting Whiteman on a permo.

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on August 18, 2017, 08:01:36 am by Bezza »
Sheff U will take Whiteman back in january with the form he is showing, so Jordan Houghton is a great signing.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 18, 2017, 08:17:29 am by Alan Southstand »
Bezza, we're 2 games into the season. Lets wait and see what happens between now and Christmas. I was of the understanding the deal was done on the basis of a loan until January, with a view to it being a season-long loan. The Break gives both clubs and the player time to evaluate. It could be that Ben would like to stay on for the rest of the season! Let's not set any doomsday scenarios up just yet.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 18, 2017, 09:07:34 am by IDM »
I agree with Alan, lets see how the first half of the season goes - with the players being here, we're in the driving seat to continue with them after January, even if that is just further loans.

At the moment it would look more likely that Houghton could become a long term player more than Whiteman, but who knows how plans may change at Chelsea and the Blades through this season.

Let's make the best of what we have got, and see where it takes us..

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 18, 2017, 12:02:52 pm by selby »
My  opinion of then holding midfield position is that it is one of the easiest positions to play in a good team,especially if a team has a good midfield,and centre halves.
  I know people will say I am over simplifying it,but the centre halves should cover the through ball behind you,and the midfielders who can play, carry the ball forward for you,the best players in this position read the game well,break up play,and give the ball to the more gifted players in midfield.Just like an old fashioned sweeper only in front of,and not behind the back defenders.
  Its an important position, but you can look good if the other players play well around you, without actually effecting the game a lot.
  As has been said on other postings Houghton,Whiteman,McColough,and Mason have not looked as good a players when used as midfielders, or defenders,I am not getting at them, I just think it is an easier position to play.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012