Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:20:51 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Thoughts from a neutral  (Read 2160 times)

Gabriel

• Forum Member
Thoughts from a neutral
« on August 17, 2017, 05:26:16 pm by Gabriel »
Donny fans,

Written up some thoughts ahead of your game against Blackpool this weekend - http://www.thefootballab.co.uk/2017/doncaster-v-blackpool-positive-starts/

Thought before the season your technical ability would be a match for any team in this league, but wasn't as sure about your defence. Early days but would you say it's looking good on both counts so far?

All the best for the season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
Re: Thoughts from a neutral
« Reply #1 on August 17, 2017, 06:07:37 pm by RobTheRover »
Yes, looking good so far. We've played consistently well in all games and look to have found our feet at this level with little fuss. The first 10 games should be a good barometer of what lies ahead for us. I'm quietly confident we will be challenging for top 6 come April.

Gabriel

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on August 17, 2017, 08:34:55 pm by Gabriel »
Yes, looking good so far. We've played consistently well in all games and look to have found our feet at this level with little fuss. The first 10 games should be a good barometer of what lies ahead for us. I'm quietly confident we will be challenging for top 6 come April.

Sounds promising. Glad to see Alfie May starting to find some form.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 17, 2017, 09:52:13 pm by idler »
I'd be happy with your 2-1 scoreline Gabriel.
We have been better than I thought we would be so far. We do seem to have tightened up at the back and seem to be moving the ball quicker this season.
Early days but hopeful and reasonably comfortable at the minute but it's a long season.

VivaRovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2017, 09:47:43 am by VivaRovers »
"Donny have not scored a single goal without May on the field this season, but six in 135 minutes with him present"

Not quite... Marquis struck about quarter of an hour before May's introduction on Saturday.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2017, 10:04:06 am by drfchound »
"Donny have not scored a single goal without May on the field this season, but six in 135 minutes with him present"

Not quite... Marquis struck about quarter of an hour before May's introduction on Saturday.

A good spot Viva, just proves you can't believe all you read in the paper.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012