Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 01:12:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Attendance tomorrow  (Read 7199 times)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Attendance tomorrow
« on August 18, 2017, 03:20:50 pm by MrFrost »
Over 7500 sold apparently.

Could be 8000+ there.

Excellent.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

IDM

• VSC Member
Re: Attendance tomorrow
« Reply #1 on August 18, 2017, 03:26:48 pm by IDM »
OK it is only 3 games so far, but we're getting good entertainment for our money this season..

I might not make this one nor Hull, but will be cheering on the lads at a distance..

foxbat

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on August 18, 2017, 03:39:41 pm by foxbat »
same for me , but looking forward to my first game of the season, maybe Peterborough  :scarf:

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on August 18, 2017, 03:44:14 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Yes, I looked at the ticket website yesterday and looks like they sold alot during the day.

I estimated 7,700 but it will be great if we could exceed that. Maybe the early signs of the feel good factor returning.

anton123

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on August 18, 2017, 04:26:23 pm by anton123 »
Think Blackpool will sell most of there tickets on day so oyston don't get a penny from them

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on August 18, 2017, 05:39:17 pm by elmsallrover »
Dont think people will pay full price vs blackpool when they can pay just a tenner tuesday night vs hull

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on August 18, 2017, 05:50:04 pm by IDM »
Dont think people will pay full price vs blackpool when they can pay just a tenner tuesday night vs hull

Clearly plenty have though??

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on August 18, 2017, 06:22:37 pm by glosterred »
I know at least 3 people going, so I'll go for 3+

COYR

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on August 18, 2017, 06:45:59 pm by selby »
The thing is with us in the past,large crowds and good results usually dont go together.
  Having said that we had never won at Blackburn until last week,Is it going to be a season when we do things differently?
   I hope so,it would be nice to build on this enthusiasm that seems to be around the club at the moment.
   If I remember rightly Gavin said that we are budgeted to break even at about the 7500 attendance figure,so it would be nice to beat that figure on a regular basis.
  The people who work in the background at the club,The Board who support us financially,and supporters like Paul,Len, and others deserve it.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on August 18, 2017, 07:05:30 pm by the vicar »
Hi Selby Gavin said 7200 mate see you ether tomorrow or Tuesday at carcroft if you are going

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on August 18, 2017, 08:02:42 pm by selby »
Hope to see you at both vicar,we missed you and your lass Tuesday,Tony cheated and brought  his grandkids.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on August 18, 2017, 08:23:37 pm by graingrover »
The online booking shows Blackbank black with taken seats !

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on August 18, 2017, 09:59:31 pm by Pancho Regan »
It would be nice to start with an '8'

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on August 19, 2017, 10:03:10 am by hoolahoop »
Yes, I looked at the ticket website yesterday and looks like they sold alot during the day.

I estimated 7,700 but it will be great if we could exceed that. Maybe the early signs of the feel good factor returning.

Again though we have a race meeting coinciding with our home games . I missed the opening game because of this overlap. It's a damn shame , 3 of us missed the last home game , now at least 5 of us will miss this one .
These games should be played on a Friday night surely if at all possible. Think of the revenue loss at both venues ?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on August 19, 2017, 10:10:44 am by Filo »

Again though we have a race meeting coinciding with our home games . I missed the opening game because of this overlap. It's a damn shame , 3 of us missed the last home game , now at least 5 of us will miss this one .
These games should be played on a Friday night surely if at all possible. Think of the revenue loss at both venues ?

Priorities, which do you prefer, a group of horses running round in circles, a a group of men running around randomly kicking a bag of wind about?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on August 19, 2017, 10:14:22 am by drfchound »
We were talking about this at work.
In bygone days the races and the football never clashed due to the close proximity of BV and the Racecourse.
Because we are now at the KMS it apparently isn't seen as an issue.
As you say Hoola, there are still people who want to go to both events so have to choose which one to attend.
As it happens, my wife wanted to do the races today so she could see Texas after the races had finished.
Luckily she backed off so i will be at the game.

The games that were played on Friday nights were great to go to.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on August 19, 2017, 10:18:46 am by hoolahoop »

Priorities, which do you prefer, a group of horses running round in circles, a a group of men running around randomly kicking a bag of wind about?

Both daft now you put it like that , however we don't normally have the first 2 home games over-lapping with race meetings do we ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on August 19, 2017, 10:22:14 am by hoolahoop »
We were talking about this at work.
In bygone days the races and the football never clashed due to the close proximity of BV and the Racecourse.
Because we are now at the KMS it apparently isn't seen as an issue.
As you say Hoola, there are still people who want to go to both events so have to choose which one to attend.
As it happens, my wife wanted to do the races today so she could see Texas after the races had finished.
Luckily she backed off so i will be at the game.

The games that were played on Friday nights were great to go to.

I agree it makes far more financial sense for both venues if Rovers played at least this game on Sunday or as you say Friday night. Long way for Tangerines to travel on a night perhaps or complete oversight by our Board ?

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on August 19, 2017, 10:37:45 am by GazLaz »
The attendance will be the same as vs Gills plus the extra fans Blackpool bring you would imagine.

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on August 19, 2017, 10:48:43 am by colincramb »
Let's be honest though, the majority of the race crowd aren't usually at the rovers games. Don't see it as a massive issue for about the 2 or 3 games it affects a year

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on August 19, 2017, 12:18:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I agree, it denies people the chance of attending both events. The odd Friday or Sunday fixture  might be quite appealing.

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on August 19, 2017, 12:26:44 pm by WheatleyRover »
How many away tickets have been sold though

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on August 19, 2017, 12:30:00 pm by swintonrover »

Probably hardly any. Blackpool fans buy their tickets at the away grounds so Oyston doesn't get a cut.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on August 19, 2017, 12:40:17 pm by Filo »

Probably hardly any. Blackpool fans buy their tickets at the away grounds so Oyston doesn't get a cut.

Lets say todays opposition was Blackburn and we were forced to move to Friday night, how big an impact would that have on away ticket revenue? Given that public transport still lives in the dark ages and services stop at a certain time

Should the reacecourse compensate Rovers for loss of revenue?

johnny rovers

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on August 19, 2017, 12:44:03 pm by johnny rovers »

Probably hardly any. Blackpool fans buy their tickets at the away grounds so Oyston doesn't get a cut

Should the rovers compensate the racecourse for loss of revenue too🤔

colincramb

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on August 19, 2017, 12:45:24 pm by colincramb »

Lets say todays opposition was Blackburn and we were forced to move to Friday night, how big an impact would that have on away ticket revenue? Given that public transport still lives in the dark ages and services stop at a certain time

But we aren't being forced to move. The police don't see it as an issue. A derby game like Rotherham might be a different story

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on August 19, 2017, 12:49:13 pm by Filo »

But we aren't being forced to move. The police don't see it as an issue. A derby game like Rotherham might be a different story

No one said we were being forced to move, the point was raised about playing Friday night or Sunday when the races are on, the debate diversed into how it would impact away attendance, and as such revenue

WheatleyRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on August 19, 2017, 12:50:26 pm by WheatleyRover »
Not sure if this has been posted before, a table of our average attendances over the years

http://european-football-statistics.co.uk/attnclub/donr.htm

Al4475

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on August 19, 2017, 12:50:58 pm by Al4475 »
Not there today - here's hoping for a top result and a good crowd!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on August 19, 2017, 02:14:23 pm by bobjimwilly »
See you in the Lucky Pint, Al?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012