Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 17, 2024, 10:14:05 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn  (Read 15568 times)

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
Re: Corbyn > Labour > corbyn
« Reply #30 on September 25, 2017, 09:10:08 am by Glyn_Wigley »
  What is Labour's policy on Brexit because he cant seem to figure out what it is..One minute its staying in the single market the next it isn't...It seems to depend on which shadow minister is speaking at the time and frankly what day it is...You can argue which area voted what,it's immaterial the fact is collectively we voted out...And I for one am glad Labour are not involved in the negotiations as I suspect are they...

Sounds just like the Tories, in fact.  And they are involved in the negotiations.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on September 25, 2017, 09:33:41 am by hoolahoop »
Bpool since the beginning of time groups of immigrants have lived in close proximity to their fellow countrymen in much the same way as many of our people living in Spain, France , Italy do so today .
However as they eventually integrate they split up and integrate and generally become more nationalistic than the general population.

Many of them are anti immigration too ( they become like ex- smokers about smoking) . Speak to 2nd generation Afro- Caribbeans, Indians , Pakistanis  and they are generally conservative and fiercely loyal to the Crown and country.
It has been the pace of immigration and the reluctance of successive governments to ensure that adequate infrastructure to society is there to accommodate them that brings about the problems. They are blamed for lack of houses , hospital beds, school places when indeed their taxes over the last 40 + years more than paid for those to be fully in place.

They are/ were always a convenient target to blame  when the austerity packages hit the Public Services. They did not cause the banking crisis, they did not cause tax avoidance. Also they did not affect the controls on immigration that successive Governments have had at their disposal - and rarely if ever used .

Some on here are still pointing the finger at the working immigrants in this country when 1) you know they have a positive financial impact on the nation's finances 2) you know that there were controls on the numbers coming here in EU regulations but rarely used 3 ) they don't take the jobs of Brits or have a negligible affect on the wages of jobs in that category.
 N. B . Our Unemployment rate is currently the lowest it has been for decades !

I say that given those facts anyone yes anyone on here that still wants to blame immigrants from a) being here b) using our/their services c) living in close knit groups is either wittingly or unwittingly being a Racist .

I hope some of you will think this through and realise that successive Governments have used them and the EU as convenient scapegoats to cover up for their own failings , banking crises, maladministration, planning, skimming etc . Moreover they have made sure that the blame sat elsewhere and in league with an ever- willing press brought about a society that has become the most xenophobic and über- nationalistic than at any time in my life .

Please some of you think it through, check the facts because like the £ 350 million a week to the NHS blatant lie - other information and deliberate misconceptions will prove to be false and deliberately misleading.

Now instead of dealing with our " supposed " immigration problems quietly and responsibly within EU law we now have chosen to de-regulate thus damaging protections at work, in the quality of goods we buy, the jobs we will lose and the inflation we will all feel the effects of gradually whether Brits here or abroad we will also ALL suffer adversely from the weakness in the £ .

It certainly doesn't look like " taking back control " to me . More like out of control !!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on September 25, 2017, 09:44:15 am by hoolahoop »
  What is Labour's policy on Brexit because he cant seem to figure out what it is..One minute its staying in the single market the next it isn't...It seems to depend on which shadow minister is speaking at the time and frankly what day it is...You can argue which area voted what,it's immaterial the fact is collectively we voted out...And I for one am glad Labour are not involved in the negotiations as I suspect are they...

Sounds just like the Tories, in fact.  And they are involved in the negotiations.

Exactly Glyn this is like entrusting your house to an arsonist for the weekend as you merrily go on your way.
Both sides SHOULD have a position it's simply not good enough for HM Opposition to sit happily on it' s hands waiting for a Government that is at odds with itself quietly pissing the country down a cliff face to call an election.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on September 25, 2017, 07:56:37 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Bpool since the beginning of time groups of immigrants have lived in close proximity to their fellow countrymen in much the same way as many of our people living in Spain, France , Italy do so today .
However as they eventually integrate they split up and integrate and generally become more nationalistic than the general population.

Many of them are anti immigration too ( they become like ex- smokers about smoking) . Speak to 2nd generation Afro- Caribbeans, Indians , Pakistanis  and they are generally conservative and fiercely loyal to the Crown and country.
It has been the pace of immigration and the reluctance of successive governments to ensure that adequate infrastructure to society is there to accommodate them that brings about the problems. They are blamed for lack of houses , hospital beds, school places when indeed their taxes over the last 40 + years more than paid for those to be fully in place.

They are/ were always a convenient target to blame  when the austerity packages hit the Public Services. They did not cause the banking crisis, they did not cause tax avoidance. Also they did not affect the controls on immigration that successive Governments have had at their disposal - and rarely if ever used .

Some on here are still pointing the finger at the working immigrants in this country when 1) you know they have a positive financial impact on the nation's finances 2) you know that there were controls on the numbers coming here in EU regulations but rarely used 3 ) they don't take the jobs of Brits or have a negligible affect on the wages of jobs in that category.

I say that given those facts anyone yes anyone on here that still wants to blame immigrants from a) being here b) using our/their services c) living in close knit groups is either wittingly or unwittingly being a Racist .

I hope some of you will think this through and realise that successive Governments have used them and the EU as convenient scapegoats to cover up for their own failings , banking crises, maladministration, planning, skimming etc . Moreover they have made sure that the blame sat elsewhere and in league with an ever- willing press brought about a society that has become the most xenophobic and über- nationalistic than at any time in my life .

Please some of you think it through, check the facts because like the £ 350 million a week to the NHS blatant lie - other information and deliberate misconceptions will prove to be false and deliberately misleading.

Now instead of dealing with our " supposed " immigration problems quietly and responsibly within EU law we now have chosen to de-regulate thus damaging protections at work, in the quality of goods we buy, the jobs we will lose and the inflation we will all feel the effects of gradually whether Brits here or abroad we will also ALL suffer adversely from the weakness in the £ .

It certainly doesn't look like " taking back control " to me . More like out of control !!

Post of the century that Hoola.

Dimples-D

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on September 26, 2017, 03:56:44 pm by Dimples-D »

Post of the century that Hoola.

Seconded..

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on September 26, 2017, 04:02:40 pm by drfchound »
Probably the most sensible politics based post ever on here.
Puts some of our experts to shame.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on September 27, 2017, 01:55:16 pm by wing commander »
Personally I voted to leave and it didn't have one jot to do with immigration...It was purely from a business point of view,i don't believe it will cost jobs but create them..i'm tired of playing on a unfair disadvantage with our European neighbours..It's destroyed our industry's especially the Steel industry..I'm tired of losing work to Countries in the European union because on one hand they pay there employee's peanuts, while on the other our own contributions to the the EU allow them to be subsidised... to take our own industry of us!!!!...In the meantime people over here want more money ,more rights and to stay in the EU..They want it all ways over and it's crushing us..

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on September 27, 2017, 04:47:14 pm by not on facebook »
Probably the most sensible politics based post ever on here.
Puts some of our experts to shame.

Blows me out of the water does that week though got post ,but you can bet that some of the heavyweights on here will be trying to pick whatever faults they can dig up with it.

It's human nature

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on September 27, 2017, 05:21:20 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I agree with it 100%.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on September 27, 2017, 06:20:34 pm by wilts rover »
Personally I voted to leave and it didn't have one jot to do with immigration...It was purely from a business point of view,i don't believe it will cost jobs but create them..i'm tired of playing on a unfair disadvantage with our European neighbours..It's destroyed our industry's especially the Steel industry..I'm tired of losing work to Countries in the European union because on one hand they pay there employee's peanuts, while on the other our own contributions to the the EU allow them to be subsidised... to take our own industry of us!!!!...In the meantime people over here want more money ,more rights and to stay in the EU..They want it all ways over and it's crushing us..

Sorry Wing Co I am genuinely confused by this. Would you mind giving us a bit more detail on how the EU has destroyed the British Steel industry? Who are those countries who pay peanuts who have benefitted? Germany, France, Italy, Holland, they all seem to have large steel industries?

I am old enough to remember the 1970's, when BS employed over 250 000 people (many in my family). I also remember Thatcher and McGregor closing Shotton, Corby, Normanby Park and others so that by 1981 it was down to 88 000. Then after privatisation they closed Rotherham and Ravenscraig so that by 1997 it was down to 28 000. When Tata took over in 2007 it was 23 000.

So how was this the fault of the EU and not Tory government policies?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on September 27, 2017, 08:06:47 pm by Sprotyrover »
I am a bit bemused by the promise to buy out all of the PFI schemes as it will somehow save the NHS etc money, these schemes were a product of the last Labour Government and anyone could see they were a bad deal,a bit like the days when you could buy aMotor bike from Cusssies  at 25% yearly interest.
Apparently the Govt will borrow £50 billion on the Chucky to buy out these schemes somehow thereby saving money? Now when they borrow the money plus £50 billion for Student loans ,plus £50 billion to re privatise the Rail net work it's gonna solve all of our problems!
Reminds me of that film 'Viva Zapata' when he tries to solve his money problems by printing billions of Pesos. More 'Quantative easing' perchance?

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on September 27, 2017, 09:50:02 pm by wilts rover »
I thought the idea with the PFI buyback is that the government would purchase them with government bonds - so they wont be borrowing anything but would be saving £3b a year interest for the next 30 years?

Sprotyrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on September 27, 2017, 10:13:16 pm by Sprotyrover »
How does that work Wilts?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on September 28, 2017, 05:13:03 pm by bpoolrover »
The problem is hoola many are not intergratting and have no intention of it, many town are unrecognizable to what they were and in many cases not for the best, look at many towns in east lancashire it's completely split into half a town of Asian and half white and none of very few will ever talk to the other race

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #44 on September 30, 2017, 02:09:04 am by hoolahoop »
I take it you have never visited " gated " ex- pat communities of ours in the Algarve or the many inhabited areas in Spain . Most Brits don't utter a word of Portuguese / Spanish rarely if ever integrate . My uncle had a place in the Mercia district of Spain for 15 years ; like many others they didn't and still don't mix,  expect everyone to speak English and rarely get much further than counting from uno to cinco. I note that you made a point of splitting towns into half white / half Asian.

Whenever this comes up its not the Polish community in Wheatley but usually it's always Asians . How much Urdu or Punjabi do you attempt to speak ? Where are all these places and is there just a hint of Islamaphobia here ?

In the 1950/60s it was those of Afro - Caribbeans  descent that got the stick now they are cool and mainstream no- one even bothers to mention them at all these days .

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on September 30, 2017, 05:36:09 am by hoolahoop »
http://www.lancashire.gov.uk/lancashire-insight/population

You might find the answers here for your region . Surprisingly 94% of households do not rely on the language skills of the young and the proportion of of BME  in the region is overall only 10 % maxing out  at 1: 5 in Pendle & Preston .

In Blackpool the BME  make up only accounted for just 3% of the population.

As you can see NEVER was there anymore than a proportion of 1 : 8 in Lancashire.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on September 30, 2017, 07:31:26 pm by RedJ »
I take it you have never visited " gated " ex- pat communities of ours in the Algarve or the many inhabited areas in Spain . Most Brits don't utter a word of Portuguese / Spanish rarely if ever integrate . My uncle had a place in the Mercia district of Spain for 15 years ; like many others they didn't and still don't mix,  expect everyone to speak English and rarely get much further than counting from uno to cinco. I note that you made a point of splitting towns into half white / half Asian.

Whenever this comes up its not the Polish community in Wheatley but usually it's always Asians . How much Urdu or Punjabi do you attempt to speak ? Where are all these places and is there just a hint of Islamaphobia here ?

In the 1950/60s it was those of Afro - Caribbeans  descent that got the stick now they are cool and mainstream no- one even bothers to mention them at all these days .

Was the Irish in the 70s/80s.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #47 on September 30, 2017, 08:41:54 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Was the Irish in the 70s/80s.

130 years ago it was the Jews.

Plus ça change.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #48 on October 01, 2017, 10:00:05 am by MachoMadness »
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKEsyIuTrO8" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tKEsyIuTrO8</a>

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 01, 2017, 10:57:08 am by RedJ »
... anyone else not seeing anything in that post at all?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #50 on October 02, 2017, 09:28:09 am by hoolahoop »

" Less is more " perhaps just like art invisiposts must have some hidden meaning that the author wants you to think about  ?

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 02, 2017, 12:39:35 pm by RedJ »

" Less is more " perhaps just like art invisiposts must have some hidden meaning that the author wants you to think about  ?

:laugh:

I see it now, but there was just a massive space when I looked last night. Weird.

Mr1Croft

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 04, 2017, 08:50:55 pm by Mr1Croft »
Personally I feel Corbyn got it wrong during the referendum campaign. For 30 years he’s been a critique of the EU and took that stance from a left wing anti capitalism point of view. He could have took that view point during the referendum, instead the left wing argument was only being championed by right wing political jesters such as Farage and Boris. I have no doubt in my mind that had Corbyn championed the Brexit vote he would be in Number 10.

Sadly it was an open goal, but that is why he doesn’t have a Brexit stance because he doesn’t need to. He’s not the one doing the negotiating (not yet, anyway) and it wasn’t him that called the referendum to settle a debate in his own party.

Yargo

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 06, 2017, 01:44:06 pm by Yargo »

It has been the pace of immigration and the reluctance of successive governments to ensure that adequate infrastructure to society is there to accommodate them that brings about the problems.

I hope some of you will think this through and realise that successive Governments have used them and the EU as convenient scapegoats to cover up for their own failings , banking crises, maladministration, planning,

The "pace of immigration" was Britain then preparing for ever closer union,the inability to provide for larger numbers is down to government trying to keep Britain within the spending limits imposed by the Thatcherite EU criteria for joining the single currency,can you explain what that is Foolahoop or not got a clue?

Tell me why has not one single sanctimonious,idiotic, banal bonehead on here called for  Rohingya Muslims,the ones really at the shitend of life that East Europeans have no understanding of,to be given places to live in Britain,especially not you Foolahoop,you witting Racist bigot you

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 06, 2017, 02:51:37 pm by bpoolrover »

yes mate beacause I have a opinion I'm a racist

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 14, 2017, 05:18:35 pm by hoolahoop »

'' .i'm tired of playing on a unfair disadvantage with our European neighbours..It's destroyed our industry's especially the Steel industry..I'm tired of losing work to Countries in the European union because on one hand they pay there employee's peanuts, while on the other our own contributions to the the EU allow them to be subsidised... to take our own industry of us!!!!. ''

Where's the evidence for this currently we are bleating on about immigrants 'bringing down ' wage rates in this country - on that basis that basis that would make our industries MORE competitive not LESS. I take it you think that outside of the EU suddenly we will become more competitive ......with who  ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #56 on October 30, 2017, 08:02:45 am by hoolahoop »
They'd have had a majority regardless. Frank Field is that far to the right of the party he's a Tory in all but name anyway and Dennis Skinner has always hated the EU from what I can tell.

Most people up north voted for brexit in the big vote ,but when the Labour Party members went to vote yesterday the Labour Party order them to vote against what their constinuancys voted for .

7 Labour voted in line with the Tory wish yesterday and I guess within line of the community's they repesent who all voted for brexit .

Mrs Clint abstanined from the vote .

I can't see all 7 Labour mps been far right minded can I ?

It's the fact that corbyn barked down to all Labour mps  to vote a certain way ,when from where Iam looking it goes against what many Labour community's had voted for .

" Most people up north voted for brexit "

That is quite simply NOT true - where did you get this statistic from ?

Check this map out - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 30, 2017, 08:14:16 am by hoolahoop »

It has been the pace of immigration and the reluctance of successive governments to ensure that adequate infrastructure to society is there to accommodate them that brings about the problems.

I hope some of you will think this through and realise that successive Governments have used them and the EU as convenient scapegoats to cover up for their own failings , banking crises, maladministration, planning,

The "pace of immigration" was Britain then preparing for ever closer union,the inability to provide for larger numbers is down to government trying to keep Britain within the spending limits imposed by the Thatcherite EU criteria for joining the single currency,can you explain what that is Foolahoop or not got a clue?

Tell me why has not one single sanctimonious,idiotic, banal bonehead on here called for  Rohingya Muslims,the ones really at the shitend of life that East Europeans have no understanding of,to be given places to live in Britain,especially not you Foolahoop,you witting Racist bigot you

You need some help Yargo

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #58 on October 30, 2017, 09:08:00 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I swear that Yargo is a bot spouting random words and then defying anyone to explain their meaning.

del boy

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 30, 2017, 09:35:02 am by del boy »
They'd have had a majority regardless. Frank Field is that far to the right of the party he's a Tory in all but name anyway and Dennis Skinner has always hated the EU from what I can tell.

Most people up north voted for brexit in the big vote ,but when the Labour Party members went to vote yesterday the Labour Party order them to vote against what their constinuancys voted for .

7 Labour voted in line with the Tory wish yesterday and I guess within line of the community's they repesent who all voted for brexit .

Mrs Clint abstanined from the vote .

I can't see all 7 Labour mps been far right minded can I ?

It's the fact that corbyn barked down to all Labour mps  to vote a certain way ,when from where Iam looking it goes against what many Labour community's had voted for .

" Most people up north voted for brexit "

That is quite simply NOT true - where did you get this statistic from ?

Check this map out - http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-36616028

With exception of Scotland that link pretty much backs up NOF

TinyPortal © 2005-2012