Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
May 18, 2024, 02:03:10 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Pubs for Wednesday ?  (Read 3433 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Pubs for Wednesday ?
« on September 14, 2017, 09:08:15 am by Donnywolf »
http://www.footballgroundguide.com/leagues/emirates-stadium-arsenal.html#apubs-for-away-fans

From Football Ground guide

https://whatpub.com/search?q=finsbury+park&lat=51.5699&lng=-0.104349&r=10&t=t&p=1&features=Pub%2COpen%2CRealAle

From CAMRA Guide this is usually a good resource - Faltering Fullback anyone ?

And nicked from AwayGrounds :

Away Friendly Pubs near the Emirates Stadium

Recommended “away friendly” pubs include the former Finsbury Park Tavern, now renamed the Twelve Pins, close to Finsbury Park tube station. Within 10 minutes of the stadium, it offers a good mix of home and away fans, receiving high marks for its congenial atmosphere.

Immediately opposite, the Blackstock pub has received decent reviews from visiting fans and offers a large screen with Sky Sports and Setanta. The Drayton Arms which overlooks the ground is the nearest pub suitable for visiting fans but gets uncomfortably busy on match days.
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:21:06 am by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Pubs for Wednesday ?
« Reply #1 on September 14, 2017, 09:09:31 am by MrFrost »
Anyone drinking Islington/Angel way?

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on September 14, 2017, 09:18:27 am by Donnywolf »
Lots of Pubs but some can be "expensive" of course with Pints at 4.40 18 months ago. Stadium sells at 4.90 or at least it was last info I had (oh for a home game lol)

Nearest Wetherspoons is only 0.3 miles away (The Coronet an ex Cinema which is b-i-g) but puts prices up on Match days and may operate restrictions (away Ban or Shirt wearing ban ? Unsure)

EDIT forget this one as it looks to be a Home Pub (source Trip advisor)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2017, 09:35:51 am by Donnywolf »

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on September 14, 2017, 09:30:26 am by MrFrost »
I lived in London last year (Islington, then in the old Highbury stadium). The bars closest to the stadium are near impossible to get into unless you're there early (assuming it us full). Angel is a decent alternative and only a 20 min walk, or jump on the 43 bus to Friern Barnet.

Anyone who's on the 22.57 train back I would suggest walking back to Kings Cross, as you and be waiting to get on the tube for well over an hour afterwards.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on September 14, 2017, 09:38:24 am by Donnywolf »
If Coaches arrive as AFC demand there will be 2 hours to "kill" so short walks not out of the question. Also may be less busy around there than at KO time !

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on September 14, 2017, 11:35:37 am by not on facebook »

Whenever donny played down that neck of the woods we be in London kings X way before 11:00 opening time and we allways used a pub that was open on the left hand side down the market area at angel.

Name of pub escapes me but it was on a type of corner and it was blueish outside.

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on September 14, 2017, 12:15:13 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »

Whenever donny played down that neck of the woods we be in London kings X way before 11:00 opening time and we allways used a pub that was open on the left hand side down the market area at angel.

Name of pub escapes me but it was on a type of corner and it was blueish outside.
The Dolphin?

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on September 14, 2017, 12:16:24 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
Lots of Pubs but some can be "expensive" of course with Pints at 4.40 18 months ago. Stadium sells at 4.90 or at least it was last info I had (oh for a home game lol)

Nearest Wetherspoons is only 0.3 miles away (The Coronet an ex Cinema which is b-i-g) but puts prices up on Match days and may operate restrictions (away Ban or Shirt wearing ban ? Unsure)

Just something on Wetherspoons in General, very lucky it's on the day we play Arsenal too.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/national-tax-equality-day

not on facebook

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on September 14, 2017, 02:35:19 pm by not on facebook »

It be a cold day in hell if I was to step into a Witherspoons pub as I can't stand the concept.
They could be giving beers away and I have to think twice or be dragged in.

Last time I was in a Witherspoons was first time we played nuneaton boro away in the conference ,and that's because their pub the ship was blocked off to us.

Just something on Wetherspoons in General, very lucky it's on the day we play Arsenal too.

https://www.jdwetherspoon.com/national-tax-equality-day

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on September 19, 2017, 04:41:54 pm by hoolahoop »
Anyone in Wood Green ?

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on September 19, 2017, 05:10:38 pm by Rovers Return »
Anyone in Wood Green ?

My lad is at the Mountview Academy in Wood Green so might be meeting up there. Any decent pubs you could recommend?
« Last Edit: September 19, 2017, 05:16:35 pm by Rovers Return »

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on September 19, 2017, 07:55:01 pm by hoolahoop »
Anyone in Wood Green ?

My lad is at the Mountview Academy in Wood Green so might be meeting up there. Any decent pubs you could recommend?

Dunno just about to check it out and only 9 mins from Arsenal on tube - staying over in the Travel lodge

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on September 19, 2017, 08:29:55 pm by Donnywolf »

richtherover

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on September 19, 2017, 09:21:03 pm by richtherover »
Years ago I used to run a pub about 5 minutes from Highbury - The Old Kings Head in Holloway Road, just down the road from the above mentioned Coronet, which was then a snooker hall. Apparently the OKH is a Costa Coffee shop now. Shame.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on September 19, 2017, 11:40:13 pm by RobTheRover »
I'm coming in from Newington Green.  Will probably find a battlecruiser near there and walk the mile or so to the ground at about 7pm

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on September 20, 2017, 01:00:45 am by hoolahoop »
https://whatpub.com/search?q=wood+green&features=Pub%2COpen%2CRealAle&t=ft&p=1

Spouters Corner might be good lol

Yep stopping over in Wood Green,  Spouters Corner
The ' Spoons -  far enough away to get served and a decent  pint.

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on September 20, 2017, 01:02:26 am by RobTheRover »
Clissold Park Tavern for me I think.  20 min walk to the ground from there.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on September 20, 2017, 07:40:26 am by Donnywolf »
Clissold Park Tavern for me I think.  20 min walk to the ground from there.

You should fit right in .... apart from the local bit .....

" ... reopened as Clissold Park Tavern and has been transformed. Now very popular, with younger hipster-type local custom "

TinyPortal © 2005-2012