Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 12:26:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lets talk about the Southend game  (Read 4611 times)

selby

• VSC Member
Lets talk about the Southend game
« on October 05, 2017, 10:54:30 am by selby »
  A game much more important than the mid week game,Would you make any changes?can we at last get a win at home in the league this season?
   Fergie has to start getting this team to perform to its potential against the teams that come to the K.M.and stifle our play.Not one team has come here in the league with a lot of ambition to make it an open game of football.And we have shown a lack of being able to hold a lead long enough to make them change the way they are playing.
  Silly mistakes,lack of concentration,missing easy chances such as Alfie in the last game,call it what you want we have not been good enough when the chips have been down.
   I would pair Mandeville and marquise up front as I think they combine better as a strike partnership,and Alfie is better as an impact player off the bench.
   I would stick with last weeks back four,not because they were great,but because we have mucked about changing personell enough this season at the back,its time to get a settled side.
  It is about time Houghton finished a full game,it has been just another example of mucking about positionally in important positions,and us getting caught out after making substitutions. 
  Kolongo,Copps,,and Rowe have enough about them to unlock defences,but we need the other midfielders to put themselves about and dish a bit of the dirty stuff out when needed,and stop teams running through our midfield especially down the right of our defence.
   Thats my two penneth,what do you think,as I do not think that Southend will come to  play much of an expansive game,but will flood midfield and try and hit us on the break like every other team this season.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
Re: Lets talk about the Southend game
« Reply #1 on October 05, 2017, 11:45:59 am by NickDRFC »
I imagine that there will be a number of changes from the Sunderland game. Of the team that played on Tuesday I can see Mandeville starting and would expect to see Mason in there, possibly Alcock at RB with Mason LB or Mason RB and Toffolo/Garrett at LB but I'd be surprised if anyone else started.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 05, 2017, 11:59:41 am by steve@dcfd »
Kongolo is on international duty so he will have to make one change at least. Williams was injured against Sunderland he’s out.
Lawlor looks like being fit and Blair assessed coming days.
Don’t know if Walker and Fielding are still on loan.

Lawlor or Marosi

Blair    Wright.     Butler.     Toffolo
or Mason
       Mason.              Houghton
     or Whiteman
Whiteman.      Mandeville.       Rowe
 or Copps.
                          Marquis                   

Jones or Marosi
Alcock
Garrett
Fletcher
Copps or Whiteman. ( both could be playing) another youth teamer
Ben Khemis
May

Looks like a squad of 16 players that should be right up there instead of being near the relegation zone.
« Last Edit: October 05, 2017, 01:59:25 pm by steve@dcfd »

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 05, 2017, 04:21:23 pm by selby »
  I would have thought that Coppinger would be a shoe in  with Kolongo missing which I did not realise.
   I feel that Mason is much more comfortable at right back so would go with Toffolo/Garrett on the left.If Whiteman plays in midfield I would want him to man up and with Houghton start to impose  his game on the opposition,we are too nice in that area,lets have a bit of niggle and put ourselves about like Bishop at Scunthorpe.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 05, 2017, 04:28:35 pm by drfchound »
As much as i detest Bishop i would like him to be in our side.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 05, 2017, 04:58:05 pm by selby »
  Hound,he makes destroying the other sides good players look easy,if we had him in our midfield I would fancy us to have a good season at this level.
  We need someone to do the same job for us.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 05, 2017, 06:35:17 pm by steve@dcfd »
Thing we will see on Saturday is a team full of experienced players against our young men. I think they only have two players in their starting eleven at about 21/22 the rest are 25 and above. With Fortune’ and Robinson in their ranks.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 05, 2017, 06:39:33 pm by RedJ »
f**king hell if Theo Robinson scores we really do need to pack it in as a bad job.

besty

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 05, 2017, 07:20:48 pm by besty »
Aint Sarfend got some top strikers(in name anyway)

Simon Cox
marc-antoine Fortuine
Nile Ranger

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 06, 2017, 03:14:35 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
We're going to have to be so on form to win this game, and win it we must for all round confidence at the club. My tenuous optimism is based on us being due a home win and them being due something other than a win.

Goals for Copps and Marquis  :scarf:

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 06, 2017, 03:23:00 pm by mrfrostsdad »
Let's talk about the Southend game?
The only thing that needs talking about is that we have to win. Any way at all. The performance is completely unimportant. We desperately need 3 points. A draw is no good.
I just hope to God we do

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 06, 2017, 03:26:21 pm by drfchound »
The only thing that needs talking about is that we have to win. Any way at all. The performance is completely unimportant. We desperately need 3 points. A draw is no good.
I just hope to God we do

"We have to win. The performance is completely unimportant."

Not many on the England v Slovenia thread would agree with that.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 06, 2017, 03:33:47 pm by mrfrostsdad »
I just hope to God we do

No they wouldn't. And England were awful and the first time we play anyone who is decent we'll get beat. It's a completely different situation with us though. England would have qualified anyway no matter what happened last night. We have to win tomorrow. In case anyone hasn't noticed we have 9 points from 11 games and haven't won at home yet this season. Anyone other than a win tomorrow is not good enough and we should be looking for a new manager if we don't win. I know we won't be, whatever happens, but we should be.
I'm going for a 2=1 win for us

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 06, 2017, 03:43:44 pm by MrFrost »
I just hope to God we do

How is that even comparable?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 06, 2017, 03:46:05 pm by drfchound »
I just hope to God we do

Who said anything about comparing our game to the England game.
All i said was that not many on the other thread would agree with a comment like that.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 06, 2017, 03:48:23 pm by drfchound »
I just hope to God we do

No they wouldn't. And England were awful and the first time we play anyone who is decent we'll get beat. It's a completely different situation with us though. England would have qualified anyway no matter what happened last night. We have to win tomorrow. In case anyone hasn't noticed we have 9 points from 11 games and haven't won at home yet this season. Anyone other than a win tomorrow is not good enough and we should be looking for a new manager if we don't win. I know we won't be, whatever happens, but we should be.
I'm going for a 2=1 win for us

I agree with you that we are in a bad position right now.
It has been said by one or two of our fellow supporters that we shouldn't worry about only having nine points from 11 games.

I dearly hope you are right about us winning tomorrow.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 06, 2017, 04:11:08 pm by NickDRFC »
I just hope to God we do

Who said anything about comparing our game to the England game.
All i said was that not many on the other thread would agree with a comment like that.

What an odd remark. There's a bit of a difference between England, who are playing sides significantly worse than them, playing extremely uninspiring football but still doing enough to win every game, and Rovers, who are in a very poor run and desperately need a win by hook or by crook. I'm sure that everyone who would like England to be more than the insipid side they've been still want Rovers to win irrespective of performance.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 06, 2017, 04:25:54 pm by drfchound »
Up to you Nick, if you think it is an odd remark.

My comment had nothing at all to do with a Rovers performance.
« Last Edit: October 06, 2017, 04:29:14 pm by drfchound »

Bristol Red Rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 06, 2017, 04:43:52 pm by Bristol Red Rover »
Whatever our current predicament, it should be remembered that Southend are a good side. Winning would be a very good achievement.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on October 06, 2017, 05:50:07 pm by selby »
 Although results in our games have not lived up to expectations,there has been something,or somebody in every game, that has been worth going to see.
  I feel that the game last night was completely devoid of anything worth paying for to see,the only thing England do well is pass back,and that is to two lumps who play centre half,or to a goalkeeper who is recognised in the game as poor at distributing the ball.

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 07, 2017, 09:33:05 am by selby »
  We need a win guys,lets hope that we can get back to playing our best game of fast attacking football,and the players get back their confidence.
   Having said that I will take a scruffy win in a dour game if it starts a run of better results.
,Fergie needs it as well.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 07, 2017, 09:37:30 am by RedJ »
I'd take the ball bouncing in off Alfie May's arse in the second minute then nothing happening for the rest of the game if it meant a win.

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 07, 2017, 09:57:18 am by Paul Simpson »
It's Saturday!!!!! Here's hoping for 3pointsand a cracking performance from the Donny ⚽️👍😀

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 07, 2017, 10:40:16 am by dknward2 »
Totally agree Selby and redj all about the 3 points no matter how they come

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on October 07, 2017, 12:00:48 pm by Chris Black come back »
I can see the three points coming today. That win would give us 12 points from 12 games and Ferguson would be right back on track with his one point a game return in recent seasons.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 07, 2017, 12:53:16 pm by steve@dcfd »
I can see the three points coming today. That win would give us 12 points from 12 games and Ferguson would be right back on track with his one point a game return in recent seasons.

Very good back handed compliment and positive towards DF

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 07, 2017, 02:46:26 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
at the start of the season I predicted their "eyeball" manager would be the first in the division to get the sack

by the way how did they "wangle" this one  ???

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/4225278/nile-ranger-prison-release-southend-united-future/

it's just not "cricket" as coleman "stokes" it up

another "wangle" to come ? 
they say don't burn your bridges they'll end up as "ashes"

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on October 07, 2017, 03:01:32 pm by roversdude »
Take Ranger has had his tag removed

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 07, 2017, 03:07:10 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
Take Ranger has had his tag removed

taking a tag off a.k.a ."shoplifting" is another  way to get back into jail

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 07, 2017, 06:58:11 pm by selby »
  A great result,probably after our worst first half of football.I felt that we were giving too much room to their players in midfield in the first half and had a big gap in the centre of the field that they were able to exploit.
  The referee had the game round his neck after not sending their player off, a strange decision when the lino and the fourth official were right on the spot to see the offence,if none of those three do not think that that tackle and kick is not a sending off for dangerous play, murder will one day be committed on a football field and not be penalised.
   After going behind and the feeling of here we go again,the persistence of Rowe(my man of the match) and Marquise got us back in the game with a scruffy goal just before half time,the crowd pleased that we got to the whistle without giving another goal away straight away.
   The first ten minutes of the second half were what we have been waiting for all year,thee goals in a short period of good attacking football,and low and behold two the result of a shot from a free kick from outside the box,and a first time volley from the edge of the box,things we have not done all season.The third a result of Alfie realising he had a flat footed donkey in front of him and drew him into giving away a penalty.
  The rest of the game we saw out easily enough, and at last we went home happy,Derek on radio Sheffield gushing in his praise, when the presenters were not telling everyone that a Sheffield United player had scored a hat trick.
   A good game of R.League on the telle and out to the pub to end a good day with my head held high,and telling all my weeds mates how good we were.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012