Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:01:44 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Is the English coaching system coaching the individuality out of players?  (Read 631 times)

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
When i watch England play or in many premier league games all i see is pass-pass-pass. Backwards-sideways and occasionally forwards.
My question is where are the Ryan Giggs type players?. Players who can run with the ball at their feet and beat two three or even four players alone.
It seems to me looking at England games especially i see safety first football. Simple short passes all game long. Players scared to take a chance to make something happen. They must know they can't win a major tournament playing so fearfully.
Football is about having the bravery to take you're opponents on and get a shot on goal or set one up. What's happened to us yes we lacked technique at times but our players always had the guts to try things.

These are players getting obscene wages and haven't achieved a quarter of players from the past. I know it's economics the game has more money rolling around it but are we bringing players in who by the time they hit eighteen or nineteen they lose all reason to strive to be better?
Say you come from a council estate just like i do. Can you imagine all of a sudden from struggling to buy a really good pair of football boots one year and the next somebody is giving you ten grand a week it must effect you?. It's human nature at times to settle back and be satisfied.
The worrying thing is we don't seem to have many Harry Kane types who seem decent kids and no matter how much he get's he still has a goal. I don't see that with Dele Alli for example or many others-i see them going down the well worn path of not fulfilling what they should be.
Are we coaching the individuality out of our players?.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

TinyPortal © 2005-2012