Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:59:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Brexit Negotiations  (Read 307050 times)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
Re: Brexit Negotiations
« Reply #1920 on July 17, 2018, 11:43:51 am by hoolahoop »
Also say there was 3 options and 29 percent voted for a hard brexit 31 for a soft brexit and 40 percent for no brexit who would win?

I presume if you used the model Justine Greening is proposing you would then count second preferences, suitably weighted. Although it might not produce anything more convincing than your scenario.

That is the difficulty with a second referendum. It may well produce a different result to the first one, but the numbers might not be all that different. Anyone for another 52/48 split?

TRB will you really need that when many of those that didn't vote , realise it now matters . It's time the electorate as a whole were encouraged to vote ; there are over 12,000,000 votes not being cast out there. It still has to be a crash out or remain vote - we all know Article 50 could be torn up .

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1921 on July 17, 2018, 01:12:00 pm by bpoolrover »
Hoola i think if there was another vote and it was stay or walk away, you might still get the same result, ask around and see if  people have changed there mind, not people on a message board thou, I doubt you will find any that would vote any different

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #1922 on July 17, 2018, 02:16:50 pm by hoolahoop »
bpool believe me there are people who have changed their minds and there are many who never bothered to vote because they thought that the Brexit was NEVER going to happen . Brexit will only benefit those at the top of society , is that whete you are bpool . My daugher a committed Europhile was 17 years old at the time of the vote - she and her friends want to vote especially now they know more about what they are about to lose . Do you ever watch Parliament on your news programmes - if you did then you would KNOW  you will not benefit from Brexit unless you are well off of course ?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1923 on July 17, 2018, 02:35:15 pm by bpoolrover »
My point is not if be better off mate,if they did another vote in or out and it was the same result would you accept the outcome next time? I just think you will get more people voting in the areas that voted remain, at the same time in the areas that voted leave they will come out even more determined as they feel aggrieved that the 1sy vote counted for nothing,the people I speak to in the pub on social media at work, not 1 has changed there vote if anything the abuse many have received as in been called racist, thick, made to explain why they voted how they did has made them more determined to get this result

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1924 on July 17, 2018, 03:21:24 pm by bpoolrover »
In a lot of the areas that voted leave people are on benefits,people then say they will be worse off but it's not true, they will be no better off de no worse off nothing will change, what would you say to them to get them to change there vote? In certain areas like Blackpool south many jobs are taken up by polish ect. Who come to Blackpool for the season then go home in winter, why will voting remain benefit them?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1925 on July 17, 2018, 03:48:55 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Also say there was 3 options and 29 percent voted for a hard brexit 31 for a soft brexit and 40 percent for no brexit who would win?

I said it would be a Preference vote.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1926 on July 17, 2018, 03:55:34 pm by bpoolrover »
I'm going off what Justine greening said, have 3 options soft brexit hard brexit remain, I think that's what the idea was unless I'm mistaken

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #1927 on July 17, 2018, 03:58:18 pm by Iberian Red »
In a lot of the areas that voted leave people are on benefits,people then say they will be worse off but it's not true, they will be no better off de no worse off nothing will change, what would you say to them to get them to change there vote? In certain areas like Blackpool south many jobs are taken up by polish ect. Who come to Blackpool for the season then go home in winter, why will voting remain benefit them?

Can you blame them? There's not much reason to go to Blackpool in summer! Do the Polish polish in summer there?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1928 on July 17, 2018, 04:05:33 pm by bpoolrover »
You can't blame them no I would do the same in there circumstances

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1929 on July 17, 2018, 04:07:12 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm going off what Justine greening said, have 3 options soft brexit hard brexit remain, I think that's what the idea was unless I'm mistaken

She said it would be a Preference vote as well.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1930 on July 17, 2018, 04:17:48 pm by bpoolrover »
For me that would not be fair thou as the only 2 outcomes could be a remain or a
soft brexit and as no1 can agree on a soft brexit it would be better a straight in or out that way there can be none of this you don't no what you voted for

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #1931 on July 17, 2018, 04:28:56 pm by Iberian Red »
For me that would not be fair thou as the only 2 outcomes could be a remain or a
soft brexit and as no1 can agree on a soft brexit it would be better a straight in or out that way there can be none of this you don't no what you voted for

So it's huge feck up. From start to finish. Nobody is going to win. When you discover that your local NHS hospital doesn't have enough nurses,Drs,consultants to see a relative with an incurable disease,the fault will be that of those dirty European immigrants and remainers?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1932 on July 17, 2018, 04:51:59 pm by bpoolrover »
why who has said stop everyone coming into the country?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1933 on July 17, 2018, 05:50:24 pm by Glyn_Wigley »

Do you understand that a Preference vote is?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1934 on July 17, 2018, 05:56:17 pm by bpoolrover »
I think so but you can correct me, you would vote for what you want then make a second choice? So remainers would vote no leave and as a second choice vote soft brexit I could be wrong and am sure you will correct me

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1935 on July 17, 2018, 05:58:16 pm by bpoolrover »
At the minute we're going for a soft brexit anyway so if that is a option just carry on as we are now

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1936 on July 17, 2018, 06:13:50 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I think so but you can correct me, you would vote for what you want then make a second choice? So remainers would vote no leave and as a second choice vote soft brexit I could be wrong and am sure you will correct me

Yes, and the option that gets least votes is binned and the second preferences of those that voted for that option are split between the other two options. That way, one of the options gets more than 50% of the vote so there isn't a result with a minority winner.

Not Now Kato

• VSC Member

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1938 on July 17, 2018, 06:24:28 pm by bpoolrover »
The soft brexit is not going to work as no1 can agree on it so I don't see the need for it, remainers have long said that people didn't no what they were voting for, have a simple
Vote in or out, Surely you would be happy with that compared to where we are now?

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1939 on July 17, 2018, 06:28:40 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
The soft brexit is not going to work as no1 can agree on it so I don't see the need for it, remainers have long said that people didn't no what they were voting for, have a simple
Vote in or out, Surely you would be happy with that compared to where we are now?

So people vote out, what if people want a soft Brexit? -And I don't give a feck whether you think no-one can agree on it or not. Or, as no-one can agree on a Hard Brexit either after two years, perhaps we should ditch that as an option too!

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1940 on July 17, 2018, 06:31:10 pm by bpoolrover »
Okay as it's already been voted on let's just leave as it is problem solved

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1941 on July 17, 2018, 06:38:30 pm by bpoolrover »
Going by what you have said as we have already had the vote people either want a
Soft brexit or a no deal or does that not count because it does not suit you

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1942 on July 17, 2018, 07:10:06 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
Going by what you have said as we have already had the vote people either want a
Soft brexit or a no deal or does that not count because it does not suit you

I don't like the result but I accept it.

Now then,  as the people want either a soft brexit or a hard brexit, which one is it to be?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1943 on July 17, 2018, 08:22:25 pm by bpoolrover »
I personally would go hard brexit simply for the fact that there not going to agree on anything, if could they did then I would be open to changing my mind

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #1944 on July 17, 2018, 08:23:39 pm by RedJ »
That's akin to setting fire to the house you want to buy because you're arguing over a few grand's difference.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #1945 on July 17, 2018, 08:35:21 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I personally would go hard brexit simply for the fact that there not going to agree on anything, if could they did then I would be open to changing my mind

But the referendum is proposed to be after the EU has agreed to whatever the Soft Brexit option is and everybody knows what that option entails.

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1946 on July 17, 2018, 08:39:42 pm by bpoolrover »
I was joking glyn If the vote was stay or no deal I would walk away, if the eu had accepted the little things Cameron asked for this could have been avoided

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1947 on July 17, 2018, 08:58:33 pm by bpoolrover »
Anyway I will leave this debate until nearer the time as we will never agree mate

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #1948 on July 17, 2018, 09:32:03 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Bpool

So, you are saying that you would willingly and consciously vote for a situation where the country will lose 8% of GDP? That’s what the Govt’s own figures say the effect of a no deal Brexit will be.

Have you any comprehension what the effect of that will be? It means the country losing the equivalent of the entire NHS budget. Or the equivalent of the entire Defence, Education and Transport budgets.

It’s an amount of money that would pay for about 1 million houses. Or about 3 HS2s. Or about a thousand infirmaries. EVERY SINGLE YEAR!

You’d choose to make the country that much poorer? Do you really hate immigrants that much?

bpoolrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #1949 on July 17, 2018, 09:59:32 pm by bpoolrover »
Do I hate immigrants that much lol pretty pathetic bst really not once have I said I hate immigrants, just stick to living your life in your labour bubble bst, a pathetic comment, the answer to the rest of what you say is the minute we stand up and leave the talks are the time the eu will want to talk as a
No deal will cost them more than 500 billion

TinyPortal © 2005-2012