Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 05:05:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Sending off?  (Read 4170 times)

LincsRover

• VSC Member
Sending off?
« on October 07, 2017, 06:59:31 pm by LincsRover »
No, not the obvious barn door one in the first half when their number 4 kicked & stamped on one of our players, totally under-punished by the incompetent tw*t of a ref - I've just been reading the match report and never saw Anton Ferdinand get red carded on the final whistle, for dissent apparently! Too busy clapping & cheering the boys off to notice after their great 2nd half performance.

Did anyone else see what happened?

:laugh:
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:07:52 pm by LincsRover »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
Re: Sending off?
« Reply #1 on October 07, 2017, 07:02:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »
My lad just said he saw it on twitter that he'd been sent off after the final whistle

the never knowingly correct says he was sent off for dissent after the final whistle

Southend captain Anton Ferdinand was sent off after the final whistle for dissent, compounding a bad day for his side.
« Last Edit: October 07, 2017, 07:08:01 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 07, 2017, 07:08:49 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
No, not the obvious barn door one in the first half when their number 4 kicked & stamped on one of our players, totally ignored by the incompetent tw*t of a ref - I've just been reading the match report and never saw Anton Ferdinand get red carded on the final whistle, for dissent apparently! Too busy clapping & cheering the boys off to notice after their great 2nd half performance.

WITH HINDSIGHT you can't have your cake and eat it if there had been poetic justice and Wordsworth had got a red bookmark  then Rovers would never have won this match 4-1

obviously the game would have been a lot more cagey etc perhaps 1-0 at best who knows but never 4-1

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 07, 2017, 07:11:20 pm by roversdude »
I was waiting for ref to come over and ask our opinion of the Houghton incident- he asked everyone else
Didn’t think the 4th official was supposed to have an opinion

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 07, 2017, 07:12:22 pm by IDM »
No, not the obvious barn door one in the first half when their number 4 kicked & stamped on one of our players, totally ignored by the incompetent tw*t of a ref - I've just been reading the match report and never saw Anton Ferdinand get red carded on the final whistle, for dissent apparently! Too busy clapping & cheering the boys off to notice after their great 2nd half performance.

WITH HINDSIGHT you can't have your cake and eat it if there had been poetic justice and Wordsworth had got a red bookmark  then Rovers would never have won this match 4-1

obviously the game would have been a lot more cagey etc perhaps 1-0 at best who knows but never 4-1

Au contraire my friend, what is the point of cake if not to eat it??

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 07, 2017, 07:15:45 pm by LincsRover »

Au contraire my friend, what is the point of cake if not to eat it??

I've always wondered about that - how can you have cake without eating it??!!
 :woot:

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 07, 2017, 07:20:52 pm by BigKeif »
What about when May was brought down after turning the defender but the ref never gave it? That lad had just been booked 2 minuted previous and was the last man when May turned him.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 07, 2017, 07:24:08 pm by NickDRFC »
Thought the ref was terrible but both ways. Towards the end Marquis on a booking just tripped their player, seemed in disbelief that he got away with it as well.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on October 07, 2017, 09:53:53 pm by drfchound »
Ferdinand probably got sent off for telling the ref how bad he had been.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 07, 2017, 09:57:59 pm by RedJ »
I heard something along the lines of foul and obscene language, so that's probably right. :laugh:

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 07, 2017, 10:41:55 pm by Bessie Red »
Wordsworth should have been sent off. He already had a yellow then after we equalised he sarcastically stuck his thumb up & applauded at the ref. Surely that warrants another yellow. Some of these refs just haven't got any balls!!

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on October 07, 2017, 11:10:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Wordsworth should have been sent off. He already had a yellow then after we equalised he sarcastically stuck his thumb up & applauded at the ref. Surely that warrants another yellow. Some of these refs just haven't got any balls!!

yep yellows have been given for that and yes some just don't have any

RobTheRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on October 08, 2017, 12:23:11 am by RobTheRover »
What about when May was brought down after turning the defender but the ref never gave it? That lad had just been booked 2 minuted previous and was the last man when May turned him.

Spot on BigKeif. He had Alfie round the neck and the ref gave sod all. Like others have said, abysmal ref but he was abysmal for both teams.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 08, 2017, 12:32:14 am by eastender »
Anton Ferdinand sent off for abusing someone , Teapot Kettle comes to mind.  :whistle: :whistle:

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 08, 2017, 06:28:27 am by Donnywolf »
Heard during the game that the Ref had been in previously been in charge of Southend 8 times and they had won everyone. Maybe crap "facts"

He was universally bad though

BigKeif

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 08, 2017, 09:50:18 am by BigKeif »

Spot on BigKeif. He had Alfie round the neck and the ref gave sod all. Like others have said, abysmal ref but he was abysmal for both teams.

Agreed Rob, he was terrible but that was just as blatant and obvious to him and the Lino as houghton getting kicked on the floor in front of him. Very strange decisions all day tbh.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 09, 2017, 10:25:37 am by drfchound »
Having seen the youtube footage, the ref had the clearest view of anyone on the pitch so why he had to consult the linesman i can't understand.
It was as clear as day that Wordsworth had kicked JH twice as he was on the deck.
Violent conduct and he should have gone.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 09, 2017, 12:27:26 pm by Donnywolf »
On Rate the Ref he is currently scoring well below 1 point on average

Part of my post is as follows :

(Ref) Clearly saw the incident by their 4 then went round asking everyone what they saw. Hope they said "you blew the f*****g whistle when standing just yards away with the best view - so what did YOU see"

Once he had started asking for opinions from everyone else it was always going to be a Yellow. Hope there was an Assessor and hope he saw the incident. Ref was very poor and looking back he rarely gets any good reviews after Reffing us

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 09, 2017, 12:42:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Just looked at it again and it's worse now than what I can recall on the day. Kicking out Twice! It should have been an easy decision for the ref.

Still, I wouldn't change the course of the match and the result for anything!

drfc1951

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 11, 2017, 03:17:46 pm by drfc1951 »
Just a thought, maybe the ref consulted his assistant and 4th official,to see if any of our players reacted.He could have evened things up by sending one of our players off as well.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 11, 2017, 04:01:17 pm by The Red Baron »
Just a thought, maybe the ref consulted his assistant and 4th official,to see if any of our players reacted.He could have evened things up by sending one of our players off as well.

If that was the case he could have dismissed Wordsworth and then consulted his colleagues to see if they saw any "afters."

He consulted because he didn't want to send Wordsworth off. The assistant was worse placed to see the incident than he was and the fourth official would have had a similar view to him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on October 11, 2017, 04:13:25 pm by drfchound »

If that was the case he could have dismissed Wordsworth and then consulted his colleagues to see if they saw any "afters."

He consulted because he didn't want to send Wordsworth off. The assistant was worse placed to see the incident than he was and the fourth official would have had a similar view to him.

The ref and fourth official had the best view in the ground.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 11, 2017, 07:09:46 pm by idler »
In one of Ben's interviews he said that he heard the fourth official say straight away that it was a red card.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012