Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 02:26:58 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Papering over the cracks?  (Read 4030 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: Papering over the cracks?
« Reply #30 on October 10, 2017, 09:06:51 pm by drfchound »
Contrary to that, our first goal came as a result of a cross into the box.
It is what happens in football isn't it.
We would say that Rowe did really well to win the ball out wide and get the ball across goal but that we defended poorly in allowing them to do the same.
Their cross into the box was from a much deeper position.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 10, 2017, 09:14:10 pm by Paul Simpson »
If this is papering over the cracks bring it on!!! It's certainly not boring !! 😀👍

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 10, 2017, 09:16:49 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Ofcourse you can't stop crosses altogether but if you can, or hold up the cross it allows defenders to get in position.

We all bang on about getting early balls into the box offensively, rather than pissing about too long.

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 11, 2017, 09:18:47 am by Alan Southstand »
I think our problem may be more to do with midfield players who don't put their foot in when we haven't got the ball. We are good when we have it, but not so great when we haven't and there is a tendency to run alongside the opposition carriers. Scunthorpe did an excellent job of snuffing out the threat before it became too serious and it was effective (and takes pressure off the defence).

This is the major problem with DF's midfield diamond shape, in that it tends to leave a massive hole between the point of the diamond and the defensive linchpin. We have to sort that out, as I think we may have v Southend (I wasn't there). The Ben/Jordan pairing needs culturing as I believe it will blossom and keep us in this division. The sad part is, of course, neither are our players so we stand to lose both of them.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012