Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:37:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Stocktaking  (Read 3800 times)

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
Stocktaking
« on October 08, 2017, 03:30:00 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Did anyone else get refused a plastic glass at half time? I asked for one with my pie and bottle of cider. I thought at first they were joking until the security person reiterated what they said behind the counter. I asked why and was told stocktaking-as in things needed to tally up. They were deadly serious. I made my views known, not via bad language or aggression, and as I was waking away in disgust. The security person did actually approach me with a plastic glass for me to use as I walked away, so what was that all about?

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Stocktaking
« Reply #1 on October 08, 2017, 07:42:05 pm by Donnywolf »
Was there a "boycott" in the West Stand - either organised - or impromptu ?

Just that when I went down for my comfort break there were virtually no customers at all and I could not resist getting a drink (Diet Coke) for the second half. I was second in the queue and even after the comfort break there were still hardly any customers

Was this replicated in other Stands ?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 08, 2017, 07:44:14 pm by mushRTID »
While we're on about drinks. Does anyone know why with hot drinks in the south they can't pour hot water directly in to the tea/coffee cup?

They first fill up a clear plastic cup with hot water then transfer said water to the tea/coffee cup. Seems a bit odd.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 08, 2017, 08:44:27 pm by since-1969 »
There seems to some I’ll feeing and resentment now from the consessioners , I can not my remember a time when I haven’t either witnessed shoddy and amateurish standards or been at the receiving end of such . This lot need replacing with a more professional company who do want our business and offer value for money with a product worth paying for for .
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 08:17:53 am by since-1969 »

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 08, 2017, 09:11:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
While we're on about drinks. Does anyone know why with hot drinks in the south they can't pour hot water directly in to the tea/coffee cup?

They first fill up a clear plastic cup with hot water then transfer said water to the tea/coffee cup. Seems a bit odd.

I didn't use any of the concourses Saturday (as normal now) but this is pathetic I want my hot water pouring into the cup they take the seal off and  I'm going to drink from, I do not want it pouring into another container that has had countless "portions" of water poured into it and could have quite easily wiped round somebodys arse and had dirty fingers stuck on the inside  for all I know.

IF this is true (and we have no need to dispute the post) it needs stopping  I'm afraid this is becoming a bigger joke than it already is

Fortunately for them I'll be missing the next couple of games cos I would have bought a coffee just to see and I would have kicked up

Rovers get these people bloody well sorted

and as for you can't have a plastic glass because we are stocktaking you do your stocking outside opening hours    jeez they get more amateurish at every turn no wonder other clubs have cancelled there contracts
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:19:31 pm by Dagenham Rover »

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 08, 2017, 09:28:54 pm by mushRTID »

I didn't use any of the concourses Saturday (as normal now) but this is pathetic I want my hot water pouring into the cup they take the seal off and  I'm going to drink from, I do not want it pouring into another container that has had countless "portions" of water poured into it and could have quite easily wiped round somebodys arse and had dirty fingers stuck on the inside  for all I know.

IF this is true (and we have no need to dispute the post) it needs stopping  I'm afraid this is becoming a bigger joke than it already is

Fortunately for them I'll be missing the next couple of games cos I would have bought a coffee just to see and I would have kicked up

Rovers get these people bloody well sorted

and as for you can't have a plastic glass because we are stocktaking you do your stocking outside opening hours    jeez they get more amateurish at every turn no wonder other clubs have cancelled there contracts

It happened the other week at a different south stand kiosk too, but I assumed it was a one off. To see it again Saturday was unexpected.
« Last Edit: October 08, 2017, 09:39:40 pm by mushRTID »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 08, 2017, 09:40:45 pm by RedJ »
There seemed barely anybody queuing in the South Stand at half time in comparison to how it used to be, dunno if it was just me.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 09, 2017, 10:10:19 am by ravenrover »
My thought was that the plastic cup was used to top the drink up as the dispensers have a cut off

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 09, 2017, 12:22:28 pm by Donnywolf »
My thought was that the plastic cup was used to top the drink up as the dispensers have a cut off

Me too - as they have been doing it for ages. This week I did not see if they did  the "top up" as my mate queued for the pre match coffees but realised they probably did not when I had 1/2 to 2/3rds of a Coffee

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 09, 2017, 12:49:25 pm by mushRTID »

I can 100% confirm on both separate occasions they have used the plastic cup to fill all the tea/coffee, not just top it up at the end.

Just seems a faff to be honest and takes twice as long.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on October 09, 2017, 04:21:53 pm by PDX_Rover »
It’s puzzling to me why Rovers are missing an obvious opportunity to get locally sourced food and take this over themselves. Ridiculous really. Pork sandwiches, bacon butties, local beer... pies.... it could be a very nice revenue stream.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 09, 2017, 04:33:20 pm by sheffield exile1 »
Now you mention it there was no queue at 3.44 when i went tor my pie and glassless cider at the west stand kiosk we always use so maybe the word is out. I went for a pie the other week and the lady in front of me asked for one only to be told they had run out yet when I got there two pies had mysteriously "emerged" in the hot tray to my and the lads surprise. Think they must have been in an oven or something finishing off? Amateurish to the extreme!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 09, 2017, 04:44:43 pm by RedJ »
Better than them being cold mind.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on October 09, 2017, 05:28:36 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
It’s puzzling to me why Rovers are missing an obvious opportunity to get locally sourced food and take this over themselves. Ridiculous really. Pork sandwiches, bacon butties, local beer... pies.... it could be a very nice revenue stream.

Economies on scale, they'll never match the cost thus not make the margins.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on October 09, 2017, 05:31:23 pm by IDM »
I dunno if it is still the case, but Cambridge used to do a roaring trade in bacon butties - and probably on lower crowds than we get too...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 10, 2017, 09:32:42 am by idler »
Surely the lower the average crowd the easier to calculate sales and reduce waste.
I usually have my pre match pint in the Cheswold and rarely buy food.
The last pint of 1879 that I had in the BVB was a bit sour. I wasn't in early so it wasn't due to it having been in the pipe for ages.
In a pub I'd have taken it back.

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on October 10, 2017, 09:34:10 am by glosterred »
Why would you stock take on your only busy day of the week?

COYR

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 10, 2017, 09:50:25 am by Filo »
Why would you stock take on your only busy day of the week?

COYR

Possibly because thats the only day when staff are in

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 10, 2017, 10:16:37 am by bobjimwilly »
I tells ya, vending machines - they are the future!

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 10, 2017, 11:39:05 am by anne honemous »
The catering is shit and has been since the very first game at the stadium.

I've come to accept that it's never going to change, despite the various promises down the years, so I try and use it as little as possible.

les@donr

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on October 10, 2017, 06:31:25 pm by les@donr »
Should be done in-house.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 10, 2017, 11:18:00 pm by silent majority »

It's a health and safety issue. The dispensing machines were out of calibration and rather than overfill the cups and risk scalding anybody this was a satisfactory alternative until the manufacturers could carry out a service.

Seems pretty sensible to me.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 10, 2017, 11:20:43 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I thought it was so they could dilute the water.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 10, 2017, 11:30:40 pm by Dagenham Rover »

It's a health and safety issue. The dispensing machines were out of calibration and rather than overfill the cups and risk scalding anybody this was a satisfactory alternative until the manufacturers could carry out a service.

So how long does it take to get them calibrated by the manufacturer  I work for a major manufacturer in a service industry and if theres calibration issues its done very quickly no matter what,  however if its out of contract it'll cost .................................................... :)

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 11, 2017, 12:23:30 am by silent majority »
No idea, but it's been done so obviously not too long.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on October 11, 2017, 07:53:15 am by IDM »
Why did they let them go out of calibration?  Doesn't someone manage that in the catering company?

Not questioning what SM said regarding the cups, I can see it makes sense, but should it get that far in the first place?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 11, 2017, 08:28:57 am by mushRTID »

So how long does it take to get them calibrated by the manufacturer  I work for a major manufacturer in a service industry and if theres calibration issues its done very quickly no matter what,  however if its out of contract it'll cost .................................................... :)

A couple of weeks obviously as it happened at two separate games. Cheers SM it does make sense.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012