Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 06:28:43 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Car Parking in car park 1  (Read 24330 times)

Spankster

• Forum Member
Car Parking in car park 1
« on October 09, 2017, 09:17:39 pm by Spankster »
Guys I can't tell you how angry and disgusted I am at the moment and probably not the best platform to air my views, but I'm going to anyway!

This comes from a fan that is a season ticket holder and goes to all the away games, never missed a single league game last season and proud of it. For the away games I send my wife to buy mine and one others tickets, you'd think the club would be happy with that.....well no, they want to fine me for the privilege of parking in car park 1 whilst she went to buy Bradford away the tickets, oh and dared to take a stroll in the club shop at the same time!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (see attached)

Someone is bound to say the club have no control over who the company fines, well I don't give 2 flying hoots, the club must have instigated this.

My wife was going to do the same tomorrow to buy the Charlton Tickets and I'm seriously thinking of not bothering this has wound me up so much, in fact I'm that angry I may just throw the towel in and spend my money on something else (I know I won't but there are others that will if this happens to them)

Martin would you like to take this up with the club for me please? My wife is going to take this with her to the ticket office tomorrow and complain.

I'm not paying it, end of. I don't care about all this 'it's a private company so they can't make you pay, I shouldn't have had the fine in the first place.
« Last Edit: October 10, 2017, 08:31:11 pm by Spankster »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
Re: Club sinks to a new low!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on October 09, 2017, 09:22:46 pm by MrFrost »
The are clear signs warning you not to park in Car Park one.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on October 09, 2017, 09:24:22 pm by Filo »
Are there any signs on the entrance to the car park informing people of any penalties that maybe incurred?

Parking eye are a right set of cowboys

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 09, 2017, 09:24:32 pm by dknward2 »
I can understand but there is a big sign when driving into car park 1 saying permit holders only and numerous announcements at the game saying not to park in car park 1 due to restrictions.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on October 09, 2017, 09:25:02 pm by MrFrost »
Are there any signs on the entrance to the car park informing people of any penalties that maybe incurred?

Yes. You can't miss it

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on October 09, 2017, 09:26:28 pm by Spankster »

f**k you Frosty

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on October 09, 2017, 09:27:29 pm by Spankster »

Yes. You can't miss it
Wasn't on a game day, car park was empty

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on October 09, 2017, 09:27:33 pm by MrFrost »

f**k you Frosty

What?
You're moaning about a fine when there are clear sings telling you not to park there. What did you or your wife for that matter think would happen?

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 09, 2017, 09:28:18 pm by Filo »

f**k you Frosty

Thats quoting my post, I'm not Frosty

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on October 09, 2017, 09:30:33 pm by Spankster »
oops sorry, red mist blurring my vision

karldew

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 09, 2017, 09:36:06 pm by karldew »
I just drive around the stadium and park right next to the ticket office doors when I get tickets. I can see where you're coming from but I can't see why it's the clubs fault?

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 09, 2017, 09:37:38 pm by MrFrost »
Would have been far easier to park in Car park two rather than ignore the warnings. Save yourself the hassle next time.

keith79

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 09, 2017, 09:38:21 pm by keith79 »
Yes the club rent out the car park to another company. Not the club's fault

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 09, 2017, 09:40:17 pm by NickDRFC »
For me I'd be say the club's owner trying to burn down the stadium for an insurance payout or bringing in a bunch of mercenaries who had no interest in putting in even an ounce of effort would be the lows of Doncaster Rovers' recent history, but perhaps hosting a company that is willing to issue fines to people who park where they are not supposed to actually does plumb new depths.

Danmckay456

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 09, 2017, 09:47:18 pm by Danmckay456 »
What about the people paying respects to their loved ones in the memorial garden

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on October 09, 2017, 09:47:59 pm by MrFrost »
What about the people paying respects to their loved ones in the memorial garden

There are other places to park.

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 09, 2017, 09:49:24 pm by Spankster »
To be honest guys I have always parked there for years when picking tickets up, never noticed the signs go up but still, she was there buying from the club on a non match day when the car park was empty so what is the problem?

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on October 09, 2017, 09:52:10 pm by Dagenham Rover »
The problem is this suddenly appeared seems to be no notice suddenly putting signs up saying cowboy eye controlled car park, nothing on the club website,  if it was it must have been once  it should be reiterated virtually everyday till people get used to it stacks of people park in that car park to get tickets, whats the point of signs in the ticket office after you've parked none at all!!! So if its now restricted who's using it?  besides bugger anybody now if I was being really really cynical ........................................................................ I could also have an uneducated guess as to who's carpark it now is which would just boil down to moving money around between separate companies under the same umbrella

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on October 09, 2017, 09:57:31 pm by MrFrost »
The problem is this suddenly appeared seems to be no notice suddenly putting signs up saying cowboy eye controlled car park, nothing on the club website,  if it was it must have been once  it should be reiterated virtually everyday till people get used to it stacks of people park in that car park to get tickets, whats the point of signs in the ticket office after you've parked none at all!!! So if its now restricted who's using it?  besides bugger anybody now if I was being really really cynical ........................................................................ I could also have an uneducated guess as to who's carpark it now is which would just boil down to moving money around between separate companies under the same umbrella

It has been mentioned several times on the website and on match days.
The signs are huge, you can't miss them.

Car park one is now allocated for the people work in the various offices on site.

If you see the signs and still decide to park there, then you do it at your own risk.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 09, 2017, 10:07:10 pm by anne honemous »
I wouldn't pay it and would let them keep sending threatening letters. Eventually, when the company realises that they're getting nowhere, the letters will cease.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 09, 2017, 10:09:40 pm by Filo »
I wouldn't pay it and would let them keep sending threatening letters. Eventually, when the company realises that they're getting nowhere, the letters will cease.

Thats not the case these days, have a read of this

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-eye/

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 09, 2017, 10:16:25 pm by Filo »
And this is what happens when Parking Eye picks a QC to issue a parking charge to 😀😀

https://www.theguardian.com/money/2017/aug/26/parking-eye-takes-on-top-barrister-85-fine

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on October 09, 2017, 10:16:39 pm by anne honemous »

Thats not the case these days, have a read of this

http://www.parkingcowboys.co.uk/parking-eye/

Thanks for that. I wasn't aware.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on October 09, 2017, 10:19:32 pm by RedJ »
So basically you're throwing a tantrum because you've got in trouble for doing something there are fairly obvious warnings for. Especially when Car Park 2 is probably closer, and there's nothing to stop you just parking outside the ticket office.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 09, 2017, 10:20:04 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Car park one is now allocated for the people work in the various offices on site.

If you see the signs and still decide to park there, then you do it at your own risk.

You really are missing the point Frosty that car park has been used for over 10 years by people picking tickets up using the shop or going up to the main reception yet again virtually nil communication just like the South Stand  that sort of thing needs reiterating every damn day on the website not every so often when within a couple of hours its vanished off the feed,.

Signs yes they are there but thinking logically the club have decided to stop people parking all day and commuting/car sharing somewhere else if youve parked there for years what makes you think the signs are not on all carparks now.

So you  park up walk into the ticket office to buy your tickets to be confronted with printed signs don't park in car park 1 you'll get fined ....too late........ 

"car park 1 is now allocated to people working in various offices in the Stadium"

do they need that many parking spaces get lost do they, will half a dozen people popping in throughout the day to buy tickets and buy merchandise make any difference will it hell especially when theres another car park and thats allowing for part of  the third car park being rented out for motorcycle training.
  its cobblers and moneymaking and no doubt somebodies signed a 20 million year contract with a company who's reputation precedes them!!!!!!

What should have happened is there should be a 30 minute limit on parking unless the vehicle is logged in onto the system, a little terminal in the reception that logs them onto the parking system for the day, just like every supermarket camera controlled car park has
« Last Edit: October 09, 2017, 10:27:50 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Spankster

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on October 09, 2017, 10:24:04 pm by Spankster »

You really are missing the point Frosty that car park has been used for over 10 years by people picking tickets up using the shop or going up to the main reception yet again virtually nil communication just like the South Stand  that sort of thing needs reiterating every damn day on the website not every so often when within a couple of hours its vanished off the feed, Signs yes they are there but thinking logically the club have decided to stop people parking all day and commuting/car sharing somewhere else, so you  park up walk into the ticket office to buy your tickets to be confronted with printed signs don't park in car park 1 you'll get fined ....too late........  "car park 1 is now allocated to people working in various offices in the Stadium" do they need that many parking spaces get lost do they, will half a dozen people popping in throughout the day to buy tickets and buy merchandise make any difference will it hell especially when theres another car park and thats allowing for part of  the third car park being rented out for motorcycle training  its cobblers and moneymaking and no doubt somebodies signed a 20 million year contract with a company who's reputation precedes them!!!!!!
Here Here

rich1471

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on October 09, 2017, 10:24:59 pm by rich1471 »
I have a ticket from when I went to work the company always cancel my ticket what annoyed me about the last one was the photo show 10-15 empty spaces around me , car park does have big signs up but I do understand your frustration , if you contact the club I'm sure they would help you out as they can see how long you stayed

donnyallday

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on October 09, 2017, 10:25:12 pm by donnyallday »
DONT PAY THE CYNTS  A BEAN.

Parking eye dont look up for your details, they PAY  dvla
£10.00 for your details. then demand money with threats ...  Dont contact them, dont speak to them and dont let them into your home.. its a battle of nerves so hold out.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on October 09, 2017, 10:28:31 pm by MrFrost »
DONT PAY THE CYNTS  A BEAN.

Parking eye dont look up for your details, they PAY  dvla
£10.00 for your details. then demand money with threats ...  Dont contact them, dont speak to them and dont let them into your home.. its a battle of nerves so hold out.

It isn't as simple as that.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on October 09, 2017, 10:28:41 pm by Filo »

Are you saying the signs are in the ticket office? And not at the entrance?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012