Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 01:09:34 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: WE WON  (Read 9587 times)

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
Re: WE WON
« Reply #30 on October 17, 2017, 11:04:29 pm by Paul Simpson »
Before this game started I would have taken a point against a good Pompey side. The lads did us proud tonight and worked their socks off! It's interesting how we view things differently, I thought Kongolo was class! Shame about Lawlor's error but still a superb keeper! Well done Donny!! ⚽️😀👍

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #31 on October 17, 2017, 11:11:22 pm by Bessie Red »
I thought Kongolo was god awful as well. Didn't think the overall performance was bad at all though. We were effective.
Kongolo was very disciplined tonight & did all the basic things required from a midfielder very well. He didnt put in an outstanding perfirmance but to say he was awful or woeful is simply unfair.

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on October 17, 2017, 11:13:05 pm by since-1969 »
Had Copps played tonight it would have been all over by halftime!!

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on October 17, 2017, 11:26:33 pm by Alan Southstand »
Our main problem is our centre 3 midfield players are all young and naive. Rodney is good when he has the ball but when he hasn't, he has no idea and his awareness is shocking. But, he is a young lad. We need more experience and muscle in the middle - it's crying out for it. I have yet to see Whiteman live up to all the hype that he came with, but again, he's a young lad. This is our Achilles heel, our inconsistency and performances are dependant on 3 young lads getting it together. It may come, but it's not in evidence yet.

I sincerely hope Matty is ok as he had a good first half, but you know what, Selby, Mason was solid when he came on!

Mandeville? Well, put it this way, thank goodness Marquis is only out for 1 game.

Good 3 points tonight, but my, what hard work we made of it.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on October 17, 2017, 11:28:03 pm by dickos1 »
Whiteman scored a hat trick last week

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on October 17, 2017, 11:29:39 pm by Alan Southstand »
But according to reports played no differently!

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on October 17, 2017, 11:36:47 pm by roversdude »
Not sure if Matty was feeling ok he seemed to misjudge about 4 times the ball going out on East Stand

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on October 17, 2017, 11:37:14 pm by Filo »
Our main problem is our centre 3 midfield players are all young and naive. Rodney is good when he has the ball but when he hasn't, he has no idea and his awareness is shocking. But, he is a young lad. We need more experience and muscle in the middle - it's crying out for it. I have yet to see Whiteman live up to all the hype that he came with, but again, he's a young lad. This is our Achilles heel, our inconsistency and performances are dependant on 3 young lads getting it together. It may come, but it's not in evidence yet.

I sincerely hope Matty is ok as he had a good first half, but you know what, Selby, Mason was solid when he came on!

Mandeville? Well, put it this way, thank goodness Marquis is only out for 1 game.

Good 3 points tonight, but my, what hard work we made of it.

A bit harsh on Mandy there, he's never been a lone striker, and never will be, but he ran his blood to water tonight performing a thankless task

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on October 18, 2017, 12:09:10 am by selby »
  Yep been to the pub Alan to celebrate he did O.K. tonight when he came on,but we were two nil up when he came on and only won two one against ten men,ahem only joking mate.
  I thought we did well all round tonight,the back three looked solid,Blair and Toffolo did O.K. against dangerous wide players,as did my favourite player when he came on,he did well.
  Mandeville  was always going to have a hard night of it, but took his goal well,and his close control at times caused problems,Rowe and Houghton both played very well, Whiteman got about the field and put a shift in.
  Kolongo was a funny one to me,he seemed to do a lot of running after the ball in the first half without actualy touching it,the same with most of his challengers,he didnt get the ball,I thought that he did much better in the second half covering their runners when he played in front of our coaching staff.
   Not the best game to watch ,but they are a decent outfit,and a good win and three points,bloody awful goal to give away though.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #39 on October 18, 2017, 12:14:40 am by mrfrostsdad »
I think the second half was probably the worst I've seen us play this season. But the main thing was the result.
Kongolo?? Absolutely awful for me. Has not a clue for my money. Thought Baudry was our best player, but the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Burgess

Paul Simpson

• Forum Member
« Reply #40 on October 18, 2017, 01:48:12 am by Paul Simpson »
Burgess? Who's team do you support? Clearly not a rovers fan . Clearly no idea of a good player when you see 1 either!! Burgess assisted our goal by the way . Not sure you were at the game?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on October 18, 2017, 01:56:50 am by Bessie Red »
I think the second half was probably the worst I've seen us play this season. But the main thing was the result.
Kongolo?? Absolutely awful for me. Has not a clue for my money. Thought Baudry was our best player, but the best player on the pitch by a country mile was Burgess
Are you for real. Burgess is a complete donkey of a player who thinks he is better than he is. As I said previously Kongolo was very disciplined tonight without being spectacular and did everything expected of a midfielder to an acceptable standard so to say he was awful is simply wrong!!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on October 18, 2017, 02:58:13 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Well done lads just shows you how quick things can change. Three out of the last four won i won't hear anything against the EFL cup though it wasn't the regular side the win gave a bit of confidence to the squad. Last season it served us well and this season so far the same.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on October 18, 2017, 03:01:07 am by RoversAlias »
Burgess was dreadful and a direct contributor to Pompey's downfall on both goals. His central partner Clarke was far better than him, and all three of our centre halves played better than both of theirs!

Sammy Chung was King

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on October 18, 2017, 03:03:33 am by Sammy Chung was King »
Burgess was highly rated a few seasons ago he just hasn't developed into what many expected him to.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on October 18, 2017, 07:22:49 am by dickos1 »

😂😂😂😂😂
I've honestly no idea what you're doing when you go to a match.

Worst performance of the season, burgess best player on the pitch

Get a grip man

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on October 18, 2017, 07:34:48 am by MrFrost »
Are you for real. Burgess is a complete donkey of a player who thinks he is better than he is. As I said previously Kongolo was very disciplined tonight without being spectacular and did everything expected of a midfielder to an acceptable standard so to say he was awful is simply wrong!!

No, it isn't wrong.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on October 18, 2017, 07:48:44 am by MrFrost »
Burgess? Who's team do you support? Clearly not a rovers fan . Clearly no idea of a good player when you see 1 either!! Burgess assisted our goal by the way . Not sure you were at the game?

So it's impossible for an opposition play to be better than one of ours. That's just idiotic

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on October 18, 2017, 08:01:48 am by Pancho Regan »
I had a beaming smile on my face at the final whistle but I have to say it was more through relief than anything else, plus the fact that we'd got one over their fans who taunted us for most of the match!

But my word, what a different mood it would have been on this board if Lawlor hadn't kept out that late header. I don't think I could have taken dropping points in injury time again!

Fine margins, but we got the win, which is the most important thing.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on October 18, 2017, 08:05:42 am by Bessie Red »

No, it isn't wrong.
Im still waiting for the reasons why in your opinion you thought he was awful.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on October 18, 2017, 08:06:27 am by DonnyOsmond »
Mandeville was fine. Took his goal well and spent 80 mins having the ball hoofed up to him with no support, he tired towards the end so couldn't pull certain things off but he was fine overall.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #51 on October 18, 2017, 08:07:45 am by Bessie Red »

😂😂😂😂😂
I've honestly no idea what you're doing when you go to a match.

Worst performance of the season, burgess best player on the pitch

Get a grip man

Im not sure he actually does go to games Dickos!!

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #52 on October 18, 2017, 08:25:38 am by MrFrost »

No, it isn't wrong.

If you were there, you'd know.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on October 18, 2017, 08:38:43 am by mrfrostsdad »
It's all about opinions.
For me, Kongolo's performance last night was the worst by a Rovers player this season. His positional play defensively is awful, he can't tackle and he's 'all legs' and gets himself tangled up. As someone else said on this thread, if he is the future of Dutch football there's no wonder they're struggling.
And yes, I thought the second half was poor. At times it looked like we were a man short, not them.
But we won, so that's all that counts

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on October 18, 2017, 09:16:45 am by Bessie Red »

No, it isn't wrong.

If you were there, you'd know.
Thats not an answer. I have given my reasons as to why in my opinion he was not awful you haven't. You're "Dad" has tried to answer for you but just generalised but given no specifics from last nights game. So as I say in your opinion why do you think he could be classed as awful last night?

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #55 on October 18, 2017, 09:18:12 am by dickos1 »
You didn't go to Rochdale then when khemis was hauled off after 20 mins,
Marquis v Scunthorpe
Williams numerous times

He created the goal and ran his b*llocks off only for clowns on here to say it was the worst individual performance of the season.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on October 18, 2017, 09:22:40 am by MrFrost »
Marquis v Scunthorpe
Williams numerous times

He created the goal and ran his b*llocks off only for clowns on here to say it was the worst individual performance of the season.

No, I didn't go to Rochdale, but I still saw the game.

Kongolo last night - his first touch was shocking. He seemed to be unable to controll the ball.
He gave the ball away several times.
He couldn't beat his man.
His off the ball movement was terrible and looked disinterested. I was sat 5 rows behind the dugout and Gavin Strachan was going mental at him because he was constantly out of position.

Yes, he set up the goal. It doesn't mean he played well.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #57 on October 18, 2017, 09:28:38 am by dickos1 »
I sit behind the dugout also and ferguson was going mental at baudry a number of times but you said he was fantastic so you can't use that as a reason surely.

He may not have been great on the ball but he ran his b*llocks off which is what you have to do when it's not going well for you on the ball.
Showed great character and commitment.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on October 18, 2017, 09:30:03 am by Bessie Red »
Marquis v Scunthorpe
Williams numerous times

Kongolo last night - his first touch was shocking. He seemed to be unable to controll the ball.
His off the ball movement was terrible and looked disinterested. I was sat 5 rows behind the dugout and Gavin Strachan was going mental at him because he was constantly out of position.

Watch the build up to the first goal and you will see that every point you raised is total garbage!!

First touch acceptable. Control of the ball acceptable. Didnt give the ball away. Beat his man comfortably. Off the ball movement excellent. 1-0 to the Rovers thank largely to Kongolo. Interested to see your response although I think I already know what it will be.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on October 18, 2017, 09:35:33 am by MrFrost »
Marquis v Scunthorpe
Williams numerous times

Watch the build up to the first goal and you will see that every point you raised is total garbage!!

First touch acceptable. Control of the ball acceptable. Didnt give the ball away. Beat his man comfortably. Off the ball movement excellent. 1-0 to the Rovers thank largely to Kongolo. Interested to see your response although I think I already know what it will be.

I think you need to rewatch the game.

I notice how you aren't calling out the others who said Kongolo was shit. I wonder why that is?

TinyPortal © 2005-2012