Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 12:18:39 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: WE WON  (Read 9473 times)

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
Re: WE WON
« Reply #60 on October 18, 2017, 09:42:41 am by Bessie Red »
You didn't go to Rochdale then when khemis was hauled off after 20 mins,
Marquis v Scunthorpe
Williams numerous times

He created the goal and ran his b*llocks off only for clowns on here to say it was the worst individual performance of the season.

No, I didn't go to Rochdale, but I still saw the game.

Kongolo last night - his first touch was shocking. He seemed to be unable to controll the ball.
He gave the ball away several times.
He couldn't beat his man.
His off the ball movement was terrible and looked disinterested. I was sat 5 rows behind the dugout and Gavin Strachan was going mental at him because he was constantly out of position.

Yes, he set up the goal. It doesn't mean he played well.
Watch the build up to the first goal and you will see that every point you raised is total garbage!!

First touch acceptable. Control of the ball acceptable. Didnt give the ball away. Beat his man comfortably. Off the ball movement excellent. 1-0 to the Rovers thank largely to Kongolo. Interested to see your response although I think I already know what it will be.

I think you need to rewatch the game.

I notice how you aren't calling out the others who said Kongolo was shit. I wonder why that is?
Pretty much the answer I thought I would get. Care to give a counter argument to the points I raised? That contribution alone is enough in my opinion to suggest that his performance was not awful.

I am only "calling you out" as you put it because you are the only one responding to my comments. I am hardly going to have a debate with myself am I!!

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on October 18, 2017, 09:52:46 am by MrFrost »
Marquis v Scunthorpe
Williams numerous times

He created the goal and ran his b*llocks off only for clowns on here to say it was the worst individual performance of the season.

Kongolo last night - his first touch was shocking. He seemed to be unable to controll the ball.
His off the ball movement was terrible and looked disinterested. I was sat 5 rows behind the dugout and Gavin Strachan was going mental at him because he was constantly out of position.

Watch the build up to the first goal and you will see that every point you raised is total garbage!!

First touch acceptable. Control of the ball acceptable. Didnt give the ball away. Beat his man comfortably. Off the ball movement excellent. 1-0 to the Rovers thank largely to Kongolo. Interested to see your response although I think I already know what it will be.

I notice how you aren't calling out the others who said Kongolo was shit. I wonder why that is?
Pretty much the answer I thought I would get. Care to give a counter argument to the points I raised? That contribution alone is enough in my opinion to suggest that his performance was not awful.

I am only "calling you out" as you put it because you are the only one responding to my comments. I am hardly going to have a debate with myself am I!!

The counter argument is that I disagree, and that you need to rewatch the game and see for yourself he was guilty of all the points I raised.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on October 18, 2017, 09:57:36 am by Monkcaster_Rover »
I reckon Rovers could win the World Cup and folk would still find something to bicker about.

Never change.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #63 on October 18, 2017, 10:07:31 am by dickos1 »
Correct
Some are only happy when they've searched for a negative and then moaned to everyone about it

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on October 18, 2017, 10:08:57 am by Bessie Red »
Marquis v Scunthorpe
Williams numerous times

The counter argument is that I disagree, and that you need to rewatch the game and see for yourself he was guilty of all the points I raised.
Disagreeing is not a counter argument & neither is just saying rewatch the game.
I am sure that if I rewatched the game I would find that Whiteman, Houghton, Rowe & others were guilty at some points in the game of the points you raised but you are not saying that they were awful.
In the lead up to our first goal can you honestly say that the points you raised about Kongolo are valid.
You need to remember that he is a young professional learning his trade & that he may make mistakes at times, he is not the finished article.
Tommy Rowe, Copps, Butler are all guilty of making the mistakes/errors you are singling Kongolo out for and they are supposedly the finished article. Have a proper think before labelling a young professional awful.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on October 18, 2017, 10:10:32 am by MrFrost »
Correct
Some are only happy when they've searched for a negative and then moaned to everyone about it

Wrong. It was an objective opinion, which is why I put a positive statement in my post aswell.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #66 on October 18, 2017, 10:29:01 am by dickos1 »
It's not wrong
When we play well and lose you and your dad say performance is irrelevant if we lose
When we play not so well but win you pick holes in the performance

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #67 on October 18, 2017, 10:31:36 am by MrFrost »
It's not wrong
When we play well and lose you and your dad say performance is irrelevant if we lose

I havent picked holes in anything. I've given an opinion and individual performances.
What is the point on the forum if we cannot express opinions? Should we blindly congratulate every squad member after a win, or discuss the game as whole and highlight certain things?

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #68 on October 18, 2017, 10:41:02 am by Bessie Red »
It's not wrong

I havent picked holes in anything. I've given an opinion and individual performances.
What is the point on the forum if we cannot express opinions? Should we blindly congratulate every squad member after a win, or discuss the game as whole and highlight certain things?

To have any substance opinions should be loosely based on facts. I gave facts to back up my opiniion which you have been unable to provude a counter argument to try and change my opinion (that is the core principle of debate). You have just generalised about a players performance without backing it up with facts. No we shouldnt blindly congratulate every squad member but neither should we pick on one individual when clearly other players have been guilty of the issues in the same game that you raised about that player.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on October 18, 2017, 10:42:22 am by MrFrost »
It's not wrong

To have any substance opinions should be loosely based on facts. I gave facts to back up my opiniion which you have been unable to provude a counter argument to try and change my opinion (that is the core principle of debate). You have just generalised about a players performance without backing it up with facts. No we shouldnt blindly congratulate every squad member but neither should we pick on one individual when clearly other players have been guilty of the issues in the same game that you raised about that player.

I have backed it up. Like I said, rewatch the game.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #70 on October 18, 2017, 10:47:09 am by drfchound »
A gritty performance by the team last night.
Mandeville did well in a role not suited to him, and he got a goal.
Toffolo is beginning to impress me as he improves his match sharpness.
I like the way he drills the ball into good areas from free kicks and corners too.
Baudry looked very composed.
Beestin did well when he came on and seems to have bulked up over the last few months.
Rowe had another good game and once again Butler and Wright bossed things at the back.
Kongolo did enough for me, he wasn't brilliant but he wasn't crap either.
Everyone else contributed and as has been said, after going 2-0 up we did what we had to do, Portsmouth struggled to break us down and if it hadn't been for the howler of a goal i don't think they would have scored at all.
I was concerned at kick off time because i thought we would be overpowered by Portsmouth but it didn't turn out like that.
Tactically we were good last night, well done DF.

As for Burgess, i didn't rate his performance at all last night.
His passing was poor and he nearly gifted us a couple of scoring chances with bad touches back to their keeper.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #71 on October 18, 2017, 11:30:00 am by Dutch Uncle »

Disagreeing is not a counter argument & neither is just saying rewatch the game.

Is this a 5 minute argument or the full half-hour   ;) :lol:

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on October 18, 2017, 11:41:43 am by dickos1 »
It's not wrong

You can't have it both ways though, when we play well and lose you state the performance is irrelevant because we lost. When we win the performance is then scrutinised

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on October 18, 2017, 11:44:47 am by MrFrost »
It's not wrong

You can't have it both ways though, when we play well and lose you state the performance is irrelevant because we lost. When we win the performance is then scrutinised

I said we battled well. I don't see your point.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #74 on October 18, 2017, 11:52:32 am by Bessie Red »
It's not wrong

No you havent backed it up. To back it up in a meaningful way YOU need to rewatch it and post on here examples of when he did what you say he did. You need to justify your argument by backing it up with actual evidence. If you look on the sky highlights there is clear evidence in the build up to the first goal that Kongolo in that passage of play is not guilty of any of the faults you level at him. I am sure that you would find evidence from the game that he was occassionally guilty of some of the issues you mentioned but I am almost certain there would be other players also guilty of the same things. Therefore using your argument then most if not all were awful last night, which is fair enough if thats how you wish to label players. What is unfair however is to single one player out for it.

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on October 18, 2017, 11:55:23 am by MrFrost »
It's not wrong

No you havent backed it up. To back it up in a meaningful way YOU need to rewatch it and post on here examples of when he did what you say he did. You need to justify your argument by backing it up with actual evidence. If you look on the sky highlights there is clear evidence in the build up to the first goal that Kongolo in that passage of play is not guilty of any of the faults you level at him. I am sure that you would find evidence from the game that he was occassionally guilty of some of the issues you mentioned but I am almost certain there would be other players also guilty of the same things. Therefore using your argument then most if not all were awful last night, which is fair enough if thats how you wish to label players. What is unfair however is to single one player out for it.

A 15 second snap shot isn't enough evidence to base how he performed in 90 minutes.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on October 18, 2017, 12:11:57 pm by Bessie Red »
It's not wrong

A 15 second snap shot isn't enough evidence to base how he performed in 90 minutes.
Neither is your generalisation based on no evidence.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #77 on October 18, 2017, 12:12:13 pm by dickos1 »
It's not wrong

We battled well and then followed it up with over the top negativity.
I was speaking to your dad who stated it was one of the worst performances of the season. Which is just ridiculous. But you replied for him

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on October 18, 2017, 12:15:04 pm by Bessie Red »
It's not wrong

We battled well and then followed it up with over the top negativity.
I was speaking to your dad who stated it was one of the worst performances of the season. Which is just ridiculous. But you replied for him

I would certainly take a few more performances like that if we end up with the same result if it means that the confidence is built up through getting the reward of three points.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #79 on October 18, 2017, 12:20:10 pm by Bessie Red »
It's not wrong

Until you show me some evidence that only Kongolo was guilty of the issues your are backing your argument with then I am unable to give any creedance to your opinion that he was awful.

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on October 18, 2017, 12:23:33 pm by NickDRFC »
There's been some tiresome back and forths on here over the past couple of months but this one is a clear winner for me.

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on October 18, 2017, 12:33:06 pm by Pancho Regan »
Yeah, can we please leave the Kongolo debate now and discuss other aspects of the match?
Just agree to disagree for the sake of the wider audience!

;)

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #82 on October 18, 2017, 12:37:51 pm by idler »
At the end of the day fans look at a game and players that they like get less criticism than those that they don't.
You might like a player because of his effort and forgive a technical lapse.
You like another player's skill and allow him leeway on his work rate.
The guy next to you though picks up on the failings that you forgive and is entitled to his point of view.
We are a league one club, perfect players will either never play for us or possibly only briefly on their way up or down. We all look at life differently but support the same club so there's no reason to fall out. Agree to disagree and move on.

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on October 18, 2017, 12:57:06 pm by Bessie Red »
There's been some tiresome back and forths on here over the past couple of months but this one is a clear winner for me.
Glad you enjoyed it Nick!!

Bessie Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on October 18, 2017, 01:03:41 pm by Bessie Red »
Yeah, can we please leave the Kongolo debate now and discuss other aspects of the match?
Just agree to disagree for the sake of the wider audience!

;)
[/quote

Cant understand why when we were 2-0 up that we wanted to rush everything. There was one occassion when a Pompey player headed towards goal & it was going wide Lawlor sprinted to stop the ball going out for a goal kick. There were other incidents where we could have slowed the game down but chose not to. I guess its due to the young average age of the team, but you would expect the likes of Rowe or Butler would tell them to slow down a bit.

That alright for you Panco 🤣🤣

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #85 on October 18, 2017, 01:37:03 pm by Pancho Regan »
Yep, and I agree with that observation Bessie. I don't recall Lawlor sprinting to prevent a goal-kick, but I was baffled why we rushed the taking of a few free-kicks.

I don't like time-wasting but I did feel the need to shout "We are 2-0 up lads!" on one occasion when we hurried to take a free-kick which then came to nought.

DearneValleyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on October 18, 2017, 02:11:17 pm by DearneValleyRover »
Kongolo put in the worst performance of anyone this season. Awful.

Baudry was fantastic.

I don't often agree with you (well just about never) but in this case your spot on.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on October 18, 2017, 02:20:51 pm by wing commander »
I couldn't go last night but reading this thread makes me wonder...

We've been struggling for results and confidence is pretty low and last night we knew that we had one forward available who frankly has been disappointing this year, and I'm a fan of Liam...We were playing a team on the up after 2 straight wins...It was never going to be a game were we played pretty flowing football,last night was about one thing and one thing only,walking off the pitch with 3 points and a bit of confidence under the players belts,everything else was unimportant....We achieved that so anybody moaning about how we actually played needs to get a grip of reality on how games pan out when a teams struggling.....

MrFrost

• Forum Member
« Reply #88 on October 18, 2017, 02:59:07 pm by MrFrost »
Kongolo put in the worst performance of anyone this season. Awful.

Baudry was fantastic.

I don't often agree with you (well just about never) but in this case your spot on.

Ssshh.

Bessie will be demanding evidence on why you think that.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on October 18, 2017, 04:53:46 pm by knockers »
If Rodney is the future of Dutch football no wonder they are in crisis. A woeful performance besides his assist.

He is 50% genius and 50% clown

TinyPortal © 2005-2012