Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 11:57:37 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bring a friend on Saturday  (Read 3610 times)

silent majority

• VSC Member
Bring a friend on Saturday
« on October 18, 2017, 07:31:19 pm by silent majority »
I've just spotted this on the DRFC website. Great idea but surely it needs more publicity?

https://www.doncasterroversfc.co.uk/news/2017/october/watch-walsall-from-12/

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

winegums

• Forum Member
Re: Bring a friend on Saturday
« Reply #1 on October 18, 2017, 07:46:54 pm by winegums »
I noticed this. Would be good if they also do the unused stubbs swap again this season

swintonrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on October 18, 2017, 07:47:30 pm by swintonrover »
This is what infuriates me about the Rovers. They have all these great ideas, yet the marketing is terrible.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on October 18, 2017, 08:00:15 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
They'll probably email all of us who still don't get their emails and then say nobody used it. Told them loads of times they don't get through but they don't seem to care.

It's OK though I'm only a season ticket holder for 15 years why would they try sell to me.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on October 18, 2017, 09:18:23 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I've just spotted this on the DRFC website. Great idea but surely it needs more publicity?

Nowt new there SM :) :) :)   :chair:

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on October 18, 2017, 09:20:13 pm by Dagenham Rover »
They'll probably email all of us who still don't get their emails and then say nobody used it. Told them loads of times they don't get through but they don't seem to care.

It's OK though I'm only a season ticket holder for 15 years why would they try sell to me.

I've told them as well the only emails I get are when I buy tickets so I'm obviously on the system

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on October 18, 2017, 09:20:49 pm by silent majority »

I've highlighted it to Shaun, I'm sure he'll sort it.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on October 18, 2017, 09:23:26 pm by Dagenham Rover »

Proves a point though    again

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on October 18, 2017, 09:27:28 pm by silent majority »

There are occasions when better publicity is required is a given, but it doesn't mean every occasion deserves the criticism the club gets. Car parking signs being one example.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on October 18, 2017, 09:54:21 pm by Dagenham Rover »

There are occasions when better publicity is required is a given, but it doesn't mean every occasion deserves the criticism the club gets. Car parking signs being one example.

I'm not going to go into it because its run its course, however, its not some little back street car park that puts signs up overnight, the club  do not want to alienate any supporters so they should use all the media means at their disposal.

They have a media department it costs them bugger all apart from 3 or 4 minutes  of time from the said in house media department to programme a bloody computer to chuck an advert up on the big screen for for a couple of home games   and the same to time something on onto the website for every other day.

Youve highlighted the bring a friend,  sorry it proves  a point yet again.    End Of

I bet if I wanted a paid for advert on the big screen on Saturday It'd be on there :)
« Last Edit: October 18, 2017, 09:57:18 pm by Dagenham Rover »

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on October 18, 2017, 11:17:45 pm by RedJ »
You're not going to go into it yet you do precisely that? strange thing to say in that case...

godlike1

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on October 19, 2017, 12:38:52 am by godlike1 »

Is that a tongue in cheek comment 😜

Metalmicky

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on October 19, 2017, 07:49:37 am by Metalmicky »
Has anyone mentioned the catering yet............  :whistle: 

*only kidding BTW - before someone wets themselves...

deebee

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on October 19, 2017, 09:44:13 am by deebee »
If I had started this thread I would have been ridiculed by now. And don't get me going on catering! I'm just kidding as well.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on October 19, 2017, 11:02:42 am by RoversAlias »
Please no more on car parks. Please. Please.

But yes, who is in charge of coming up with these promotions, do we know SM? I'd be interested to know as surely this kind of thing needs to be publicised to the hills and back - we just had a home game on Tuesday that would have been the perfect opportunity to make a big deal of this yet it seems someone decided to run it only yesterday?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on October 19, 2017, 11:45:15 am by silent majority »
Please no more on car parks. Please. Please.

But yes, who is in charge of coming up with these promotions, do we know SM? I'd be interested to know as surely this kind of thing needs to be publicised to the hills and back - we just had a home game on Tuesday that would have been the perfect opportunity to make a big deal of this yet it seems someone decided to run it only yesterday?

I've had an email exchange with Shaun who has explained the thought process and reasoning behind this and it would be unfair to go into too much detail, suffice to say that it was created yesterday morning after the Portsmouth game. These are normally a joint effort because of the logistics involved, i.e. ticket office, marketing, commercial input etc. He would agree with all the points being made on here, that we need to be more forward thinking and creative in the near future and publicise the hell out of it. I'm sure with him back at the helm it won't be long before we're firing on all cylinders again.
« Last Edit: October 19, 2017, 11:48:19 am by silent majority »

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on October 19, 2017, 11:47:35 am by RoversAlias »
Thanks for that, got to agree as I've always found Shaun to be an astute guy who knows what's what.

DubaiRover

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on October 19, 2017, 01:36:23 pm by DubaiRover »
can you pay on the gate?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on October 19, 2017, 02:11:34 pm by silent majority »
can you pay on the gate?

You can always pay on the gate in the South Stand. However if you wish to take up the offer of 'bring a friend' you'll need to go to the ticket office.

steve@dcfd

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on October 19, 2017, 02:38:46 pm by steve@dcfd »
can you pay on the gate?

You can always pay on the gate in the South Stand. However if you wish to take up the offer of 'bring a friend' you'll need to go to the ticket office.

Can only do that if the person has a silver membership then would not be paying on the gate.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on October 20, 2017, 07:48:24 am by Dagenham Rover »
does it have to be the same category or can a young adult fetch a grumpy old git

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on October 20, 2017, 08:07:13 am by Donnywolf »
The Drawback with the Big Screen is simply that not all people even look at it.

While selling Tickets for the Arsenal Coaches I shared a day with a fellow West Stander. I asked where he sat and he told me ! My first question was then "Have you ever won the Pie Draw?" His reply was a shock "What Pie Draw"

I then explained in detail what it was - how long it had been running - what happened at what time - and the fact that for me (especially last Season) it was the most exciting thing that happened during some games - and Donny Dog then runs out and delivers 12 Pies to the winning Seat / Person

Knew nowt about it he repeated - but anyway I dont watch the Big Screen as its full of Adverts - I did wonder how he knew but resisted asking

So it is not of itself a "catch all" as where there is one person there may well be more !

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on October 20, 2017, 12:43:10 pm by roversdude »
My mates had already got their tickets when they got Pompey ones otherwise 2 trips
Did we ever explore remote ticket outlets or electronic tickets

Oh on the subject of the big screen I’m surprised we get away with one of the adverts when it’s dark
Every time it comes on I’m nearly blinded it’s so bright

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on October 20, 2017, 01:15:57 pm by Filo »
My mates had already got their tickets when they got Pompey ones otherwise 2 trips

Oh on the subject of the big screen I’m surprised we get away with one of the adverts when it’s dark

I know what you mean, a white flash like that in the current security climate is not ideal

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on October 20, 2017, 04:00:06 pm by silent majority »

Yes we did explore remote ticket outlets and for a while they were available in certain shops in the town centre.

Shaun's looking at it again and part of re-appraisal is that remote tickets should be part of the ambassadors programme which will be relaunched shortly.

I also believe the club are looking to recruit more volunteer ambassadors so please contact the club if interested, or myself if its easier.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012