Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 06:16:16 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Late Goals conceded  (Read 6294 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Late Goals conceded
« Reply #30 on November 11, 2017, 11:45:12 pm by RedJ »
Just goes back to a worrying trend of our teams lacking bottle under Ferguson. The relegation, the capitulation last season that resulted in us coming 3rd in a 2 horse race for the title, and the constant late goals conceded this season. We need a proper mester on the pitch who can actually martial us when we need to dig and and defend ugly, and less of the lightweight attacking midfielders we seem to be fond of signing.

It was pretty much a one horse race by the time we'd won promotion.

But yes, we are bottling Kitsons.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on November 12, 2017, 12:11:28 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
I'm not blaming Marquis for the goal. You can understand why he chipped the ball over the defender, when being closed down however, I guarantee you, had Copps been in that situation there would have been a different outcome. He would have kept control, bought a foul or won a throw in by playing it off one of their players, or wriggled out of trouble and found a team mate.

Marquis is an experienced player but composure has deserted him.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on November 12, 2017, 12:16:56 am by Bentley Bullet »
I no longer chuckle at myself when people say Marquis and Williams are better than May because May is too lightweight. I now tell them they're talking b*llocks.
 "May gets knocked off the ball too easily because he's a lightweight", they say. Well, I tell 'em the truth. I tell them that at least May actually gets knocked off the ball and doesn't fall over before any contact whatsoever like the other two lily-livered, Nancy, powder puff, 'heavyweight' Jessies.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on November 12, 2017, 12:21:30 am by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

You have a bit of a fixation on Nancy Jessies.

Owt you need to get off your chest?

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on November 12, 2017, 12:24:19 am by Bentley Bullet »
Don't try to change the subject, BST. I'm not in the mood for your Wiggerlyesque comments.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on November 12, 2017, 12:31:50 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I'm not changing any subject Chief. You're the one who keeps referring to lilly-livered jessies.

See, I find it odd that you describe Marquis like that, because I've watched him run his blood to water today and never once shirk a physical challenge.

Oh aye. And you've regularly moaned that we don't have enough cheats in our side. Ones who would dive to win a free kick.

So. You're criticising our centre forward for doing what you have spent years wanting our players to do, even though he didn't do it.

I'm here for a chat if you want to work through your issues on this.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #36 on November 12, 2017, 12:46:24 am by Bentley Bullet »
Well, perhaps you're a bit short of match practice with your observations then owd lad.

I don't mind a cheat who is clever enough to con the ref by actually waiting for some sort of contact before falling over.

Thanks for your availability Billy, but don't get the wrong idea with my fixation of Nancy Jessies. I want to keep it purely platonic.

Cramby10

• Forum Member
« Reply #37 on November 12, 2017, 12:26:44 pm by Cramby10 »
Just a suggestion, but maybe we as fans could help with this? We all want the players to battle to the end of the match but half the crowd can’t be arsed to stay and watch and support til the final whistle.. Come the time when the players are applauding the fans the ground is virtually empty. Embarrassing really. Not as if it’s a nightmare getting away from the ground.
Maybe we could try and play out part? Just saying.

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #38 on November 12, 2017, 01:56:07 pm by Chris Black come back »
The consistent theme across the two years that Ferguson has been manager has been a seeming  inability to instil in a group of players the requisite of psychological resilience.

First season. Crumbling to relegation.
Second season. Calling for title then losing every game after issuing the challenge.
Third season. Multiple late game disintegrations.

Different players. Different leagues. Lots of similarities.

Thought yesterday that we had a good grip on the game mostly and looked solid, but come injury time we all knew what the risks were.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on November 12, 2017, 02:05:53 pm by dickos1 »
Surely though a lack of psychological resilience would have ensured we failed to clinch promotion. But on the contrary we clinched it with 5 games to spare

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on November 12, 2017, 08:40:32 pm by silent majority »
DF is only our manager because he does  what the board says . Build a team that won’t break the bank and this is what they can afford . There is NO desire to go beyond a remit that will mean paying any more into the club . Marquis in point and who has reverted to his second division ability’s and was a mistake of monumental proportions in persuasion of the board to give him the extended terms . It’s very much looking like the  board are paying dearly for his 3 year contract . In January I predict that unless we shift 3 out no one is coming in .

Am I my missing something here? Where are the minutes of the board meetings where the owners have stated this? Where's the statement from DF that says he has to do what the owners say? And if Marquis is a mistake of monumental proportions (despite a vast number saying we should cave in and pay him what he wants) whatever are the details of his 3 year contract?

This is an opinion written as fact is it not?

mushRTID

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 09, 2017, 05:00:12 pm by mushRTID »
Another one ffs!!

bobjimwilly

• VSC Member
« Reply #42 on December 09, 2017, 05:07:08 pm by bobjimwilly »
Has cost us at least 7 points this season by my count. Not good enough

TinyPortal © 2005-2012