Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 05:09:19 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

1 (4.3%)
6 (26.1%)
6 (26.1%)
5 (21.7%)
5 (21.7%)
0 - Totally Useless
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 22

Voting closed: November 30, 2017, 10:25:49 am

Author Topic: Rovers v MK Dons - 25/11/17- Eddie Ilderton  (Read 5352 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v MK Dons - 25/11/17- Eddie Ilderton
« on November 20, 2017, 04:18:15 pm by The Red Baron »
Referee: Eddie Ilderton
Assistants: Helen Byrne & Lee Freeman.
4o: Ryan Johnson

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v MK Dons - 25/11/17- Eddie Ilderton
« Reply #1 on November 22, 2017, 12:16:34 pm by Donnywolf »
http://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=260941.msg677992#msg677992

Can he get lower than the last 2 attempts at Reffing a game here ? See last post in the above

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on November 22, 2017, 06:47:40 pm by The Red Baron »
Another really poor referee (see also under Carl Boyeson, Graham Salisbury etc) whom we seem to get several times a season.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 22, 2017, 11:07:38 pm by Dagenham Rover »
Oh dear ........perhaps I may be surprised but somehow I doubt it

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on November 25, 2017, 07:07:38 pm by RoversAlias »
He wasn't that bad in the end was he? Apart from not seeing the incident with Aneke and Butler second half.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on November 25, 2017, 08:14:24 pm by drfchound »
I was sat right behind it and I didn’t see it either because the ball had long gone and I followed it.
The ref probably did the same.

Someone told me t half time that their 10 stamped on AB.

Is that what happened?

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 25, 2017, 08:38:10 pm by The Red Baron »
I was sat right behind it and I didn’t see it either because the ball had long gone and I followed it.
The ref probably did the same.

Someone told me t half time that their 10 stamped on AB.

Is that what happened?

Something clearly happened but I didn't see it. I don't think the lino did either because although she was fairly close she didn't flag.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 25, 2017, 08:41:05 pm by The Red Baron »
One of his better performances and no obvious errors. My only complaint is that he let Franchise get away with an awful lot of fouls in the second half. Should have shown a card much earlier.

The two assistants were ok. The female assistant was one of the better ones I've seen this season.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 25, 2017, 09:21:39 pm by POD »
Another really poor referee (see also under Carl Boyeson, Graham Salisbury etc) whom we seem to get several times a season.
I'm not sure how you come to,this conclusion TRB?  The referee clearly didn't see the incident with Butler and their CF and neither did the linesman, hence their conversation to that effect.  He had a very good game and was fair to both sides in his decisions and was correct in his yellow cards late in the game.  A very good referee, he officiated at the League Cup game against Hull City and again had a very good game.  A five from me. 

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 25, 2017, 09:33:44 pm by StocktonRover »
How all 4 of the officials could miss the stamp on butler is beyond me.
It was so blatant that most of the players forgot about the game and got involved in the melee despite the ball being hoofed into the corner and no-one even chasing it.

It was clear how their players shepherded the 10 away that they knew what had happened.

The ref should have booked at least 2 of theirs in the first half and one of those got booked in the second and would have been off.
In the second half the East stand Lino was nowhere near up with play and missed the ball go about 2 foot over the line before Lawlor “kept it in”, he also missed a clear off side that gave them a goal scoring opportunity.

Awful officials in my opinion.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 25, 2017, 09:48:53 pm by POD »
It was so blatant that most of the players forgot about the game and got involved in the melee despite the ball being hoofed into the corner and no-one even chasing it.

It was clear how their players shepherded the 10 away that they knew what had happened

You are correct that judging by the reactions, there was undoubtedly a stamp on Butler, but unless the Ref and linesman on the West Stand side saw it, they can't send the number 10 off.  They had a conversation about it and like me (who was in the stand directly behind the incident) they were following the play and didn't see it.  You can't expect a linesman who is 100 yards away on the east stand side or a 4th official who is probably also following the play, to see it.  If any of them had, then he would have been sent him off.  No one is incompetent or cheating here, it is just that as officials you can't have eyes everywhere.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 25, 2017, 09:55:00 pm by StocktonRover »

It was clear how their players shepherded the 10 away that they knew what had happened

You are correct that judging by the reactions, there was undoubtedly a stamp on Butler, but unless the Ref and linesman on the West Stand side saw it, they can't send the number 10 off.  They had a conversation about it and like me (who was in the stand directly behind the incident) they were following the play and didn't see it.  You can't expect a linesman who is 100 yards away on the east stand side or a 4th official who is probably also following the play, to see it.  If any of them had, then he would have been sent him off.  No one is incompetent or cheating here, it is just that as officials you can't have eyes everywhere.

I sit in the West stand at the North end and saw the incident clearly.
The 4th official or the East stand Lino would have seen it and unless the East stand Lino was ball watching instead of watching her line, she should have seen it.
Inexcusable for all 4 to miss it

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on November 25, 2017, 10:11:46 pm by POD »
Stockton - at the North End you are looking at the play and at the incident.  It is all a question of views and angles.  Can you not just accept that the officials (like me who was only 20 yards away) didn't see the incident because they were following the play. They would have no reason not to send the player off if they had seen it. 

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 25, 2017, 10:22:41 pm by StocktonRover »
POD, I appreciate what you’re saying but as I said, the East stand Lino shouldn’t be ball watching and between the 4th official and the East stand Lino, at least one of them should have seen it.

Let’s say the ball had been hoofed towards the Rovers goal, how would the East stand Lino know if there was an offside if she was ball watching instead of being aware what was happening with the players in the box.

I still maintain it’s inexcusable.

POD

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 25, 2017, 10:49:15 pm by POD »
POD, I appreciate what you’re saying but as I said, the East stand Lino shouldn’t be ball watching and between the 4th official and the East stand Lino, at least one of them should have seen it.

Let’s say the ball had been hoofed towards the Rovers goal, how would the East stand Lino know if there was an offside if she was ball watching instead of being aware what was happening with the players in the box.

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Stockton.  By the way,  I think you mean the West Stand not the East Stand Lino.  She had a very good game and perhaps should have had seen the incident, but only she knows where she was looking at the time. 

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 25, 2017, 10:50:19 pm by Dagenham Rover »
I'm not sure how you come to,this conclusion TRB?  The referee clearly didn't see the incident with Butler and their CF and neither did the linesman, hence their conversation to that effect.  He had a very good game and was fair to both sides in his decisions and was correct in his yellow cards late in the game.  A very good referee, he officiated at the League Cup game against Hull City and again had a very good game.  A five from me. 

TRB's quote is from the 22nd Nov not after today  Mr Illderton has been I think on the whole over the years pretty crap     today he was pretty decent I can totally understand how the stamp was missed all went forward with play the west stand lino was going forward with play so is the ref and 4th the only ones who could possibly see it was the East lino who would be looking back in that direction but tbf is too far away and possibly the 4th but he does other stuff as well  so may have been watching the ball or got Fergie or the MK manager in his earhole on the whole yes he perhaps should have been pulling cards earlier but  I think a decent  performance from a ref who tends to be crap :)  However if the Officials didn't see the incident and they obviously didn't  so took no action  it could be taken further

Now look out for Mr Boyeson he tends to be one of the highest order
« Last Edit: November 25, 2017, 10:55:20 pm by Dagenham Rover »

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 25, 2017, 11:03:51 pm by StocktonRover »

I think we will have to agree to disagree on this one Stockton.  By the way,  I think you mean the West Stand not the East Stand Lino.  She had a very good game and perhaps should have had seen the incident, but only she knows where she was looking at the time. 
I agree that we’ll have to disagree.
I did mean the East stand Lino - she was in line with the incident and should be aware what is happening in line with her if she is going to be able to consider an offside decision.

At the end of the day we won. If he was sent off the game may have been very different - who knows?

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 25, 2017, 11:15:09 pm by knockers »
There was no stamp on butler. When the cf put his foot over butler it did not make contact. Butler made a meal out of nothing. The linesman and ref were totally correct. Rovers reaction to to the incident was purely out of frustration at us playing so poorly.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 25, 2017, 11:24:52 pm by Dagenham Rover »
There was no stamp on butler. When the cf put his foot over butler it did not make contact. Butler made a meal out of nothing. The linesman and ref were totally correct. Rovers reaction to to the incident was purely out of frustration at us playing so poorly.

there was a stamp AT Butler contact is irrelevent its intention and the intention was there!  bit of a meal of it perhaps but non of the officials were really in a position to see so  if they ain't seen it it could be reviewed  but don't expect it to be on any highlights  :)

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 25, 2017, 11:25:12 pm by StocktonRover »
Sorry knockers I’ve got to disagree.
Whilst not a full blooded whole hearted stamp he made deliberate contact with his boot on butler who was on the ground.
The reaction of his own team mates in dragging him away instead of chasing the ball which was still in play was also testament to what he did.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 26, 2017, 10:15:41 am by dknward2 »
The way the mk players shepherding him away expecting him to be sent off I doubt there will be any footage as the ball was well away and the camera would follow the ball

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 26, 2017, 06:37:37 pm by Donnywolf »
A crap Referee usually and he did nothing too bad.

I gave him 2 because the fouls were rising like mad in second half AND I cant give any more after that ridiculous Free Kick measuring for their second half free kick. FFS it just cannot have been more than 6 yards

The bloke is usually a PLANK and the last twice he has averaged well under 1 point but this time he is going to thrash that as he is on about 2.66 Points. Unbelievable Jeff 

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on November 26, 2017, 06:58:10 pm by drfchound »

I agree that we’ll have to disagree.
I did mean the East stand Lino - she was in line with the incident and should be aware what is happening in line with her if she is going to be able to consider an offside decision.

At the end of the day we won. If he was sent off the game may have been very different - who knows?

The lady Lino was on the West Stand side, not the East.

StocktonRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on November 26, 2017, 08:20:56 pm by StocktonRover »
Whoops,
How Can I get the West and East mixed up when I sit in the West.....

Points the same - she should have seen it.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on November 26, 2017, 08:24:02 pm by drfchound »
Whoops,
How Can I get the West and East mixed up when I sit in the West.....

Points the same - she should have seen it.

Yes, she should.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on November 26, 2017, 11:14:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
A crap Referee usually and he did nothing too bad.

I gave him 2 because the fouls were rising like mad in second half AND I cant give any more after that ridiculous Free Kick measuring for their second half free kick. FFS it just cannot have been more than 6 yards

The bloke is usually a PLANK and the last twice he has averaged well under 1 point but this time he is going to thrash that as he is on about 2.66 Points. Unbelievable Jeff 

Probably cos he was a damn site better than he normally is maybe he reads this and recognises 95 times out of a hundred hes  kin useless but on the whole yesterday I thought he was pretty reasonble

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on November 28, 2017, 03:48:59 pm by ravenrover »
Well one good thing they didn't see Butler hurl their forward to the floor in the box in the 1st half either

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on November 28, 2017, 07:23:38 pm by drfchound »
Well one good thing they didn't see Butler hurl their forward to the floor in the box in the 1st half either

Neither did I or the two mates sat with me.

ravenrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on November 28, 2017, 07:29:40 pm by ravenrover »
straight in front of me and my neighbours in the West stand we all expected the worse

TinyPortal © 2005-2012