Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 24, 2024, 02:37:34 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: #FansSupportingFoodbanks  (Read 13443 times)

VSC

• VSC Member
#FansSupportingFoodbanks
« on November 24, 2017, 12:38:25 am by VSC »
We are pleased to announce that DRFC fans are joining the national campaign, #FansSupportingFoodbanks, and introducing a matchday collection point at the Keepmoat on the 4th December when DRFC face Scunthorpe in the FA Cup.

As football supporters we all belong to, and are part of, our local community. Let us show support for the community of Doncaster, and those in special need this Christmas by making our matchday collection a success. Please help where you can.

We will be making more announcements over the next few days as to what we would like to collect and how you can help. If you're on twitter please follow us on https://twitter.com/drfc4foodbanks

Many thanks

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
Re: #FansSupportingFoodbanks
« Reply #1 on November 24, 2017, 11:25:52 am by Lifelong supporter »
A most worthy cause.
But isn't the FA cup tie on December 3rd...?

Dabby

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 24, 2017, 11:50:50 am by Dabby »
A Well worthy cause

Yes  ... Sun Dec 03 2017 (2 pm ) kick-off

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on November 24, 2017, 12:07:50 pm by RoversAlias »
Aye you've put out the wrong date on the Twitter too. A great cause this, glad to see us getting involved with it.

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 24, 2017, 12:13:57 pm by VSC »
Apologies!! Glad you spotted that, I did it late last night in amongst another bunch of stuff I'm doing on the 4th.   :blush:

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 24, 2017, 12:16:27 pm by VSC »
Aye you've put out the wrong date on the Twitter too. A great cause this, glad to see us getting involved with it.

The FSF are hoping to roll this out nationally and try and get the majority of football club supporters doing something similar. We're just so glad that DRFC have promised us their full support both through the club and Club Doncaster activities. Lets hope its a big success.

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 27, 2017, 08:09:12 pm by VSC »
OK, so plans are well in place to kick this off on Sunday. As its a 2pm kick off we shall be in attendance from 12 o'clock until just before kick off. See list of items below which we have been asked to appeal for. Please donate generously. Many thanks!!

ian1980

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on November 27, 2017, 08:32:55 pm by ian1980 »
Doncaster Round Table are also collecting for the Doncaster Foodbank in the run up to Christmas.

Items can be dropped at the following locations (Monday-Friday) to be boxed up and taken to the Foodbank:

Signum Facilities Management
Suite 9 & 10
Prime Business Centre
Millfield Industrial Estate
Bentley
DN5 0SJ

Taylor Bracewell Solicitors
17-24 Thorne Road
Doncaster
DN1 2RP

Cafe Local
53 High Road
Warmsworth
DN4 9LX

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 27, 2017, 08:46:18 pm by MachoMadness »
A great cause but a disgrace that it's necessary.

Important to remember that foodbanks aren't, and should never be, normal in a society like ours. Remember that when you give.

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on November 27, 2017, 10:01:26 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
I am sure it is an honourable cause but why ffs is everybody accepting this ? Do something ! Join the labour party ! PROTEST THAT FOOD BANK BRITAIN IS WRONG !! Anything for god's sake. A few voices can make a difference. Let's protest in Donny. I'm in -anybody with me ?

Geoff Blakesley

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 27, 2017, 10:07:08 pm by Geoff Blakesley »
I won't be giving to maintain the status quo. Those rich farts will be saying 'Oh look Claude those poor oiks are helping each other to a few scraps = they are happy with their lot and will never challenge us !

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on November 27, 2017, 10:09:29 pm by anne honemous »
Food banks are a great idea, especially at this time of year.

I wholeheartedly support it and hopefully if this is done at every club across the country, it'll make a significant difference to those who are either homeless or in financial hardship.

roversontheup

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 27, 2017, 10:15:03 pm by roversontheup »
OK, so plans are well in place to kick this off on Sunday. As its a 2pm kick off we shall be in attendance from 12 o'clock until just before kick off. See list of items below which we have been asked to appeal for. Please donate generously. Many thanks!!

Not sure if I need to be taxi for my Mum at Sunday’s game but if not I am more than willing to offer any help you want to support this fantastic initiative. PM me if you need some help.

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on November 27, 2017, 11:10:18 pm by Jimmydee »
I accompanied Martin to the fans meeting last month at St. James's Park Newcastle. Liverpool and Everton fans are already doing a great job and they have got Newcastle United, Sunderland,Hartlepools and other clubs fans involved.
There was a young lady from Celtic that gave an inspirational speech.
We know that there shouldn't be such things as foodbanks and we hope that it's just a temporary thing for now, however there are lots of people with young families that are desperate and in situations where private landlords are evicting them because universal credits payments are in arrears in the government switch over.
There was lots of harrowing stories.
I'm sure that as supporters of DRFC we can give a little help in donations of food and / or maybe a couple of quid into a collection bucket outside the ground.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on November 28, 2017, 12:10:02 am by silent majority »
A great cause but a disgrace that it's necessary.

Important to remember that foodbanks aren't, and should never be, normal in a society like ours. Remember that when you give.

Agree entirely! We do hope its a temporary fix, but listening to some of the stories that are out there football supporters are making a big difference, and one that looks like it may go on for a while. We need, as a community, to do what we can.

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 28, 2017, 08:35:35 pm by VSC »
Collection point will be somewhere between the BVB and the Club Shop. Keep your eye out for us and please donate generously. Lets help those within our community who need us!

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 30, 2017, 08:39:40 am by silent majority »
If you're doing your weekly shop tonight or tomorrow could you just throw an extra item in your basket for the DRFC Fans 4 Foodbanks collection please?

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on November 30, 2017, 05:37:00 pm by Jimmydee »
I had to return an unwanted gift to LIDL and I used the refund money to purchase my donation for the foodbank, there was a lot of value for money basic food items.
I am in a fortunate position to usually just let the wife put items in the trolley that I'm pushing around the supermarket and paying for it when we get to the tills, I can now appreciate what goes into our trolley.

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 02, 2017, 06:30:47 pm by VSC »
Hi all, just before setting off for the match tomorrow could you please bring something extra with you and help feed hungry families in the Doncaster community?

Something like, pasta sauce, tinned meats, fruits or rice pudding. Packets of biscuits, long life milk etc etc.

#Hunger doesn't wear club colours

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #19 on December 02, 2017, 09:51:53 pm by legendslounger »
great initiative! ill be bringing a few tins for you guys for sure

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 03, 2017, 09:11:00 am by Jimmydee »
We will  be positioned near the ticket office, look out for the white car, this is a fans initiative that the club has given us kind permission and support. We want to be early members of a group to promote all 92 national clubs and also there are non league supporters groups that are involved.    Hunger doesn't wear colours.

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 04, 2017, 10:11:45 am by VSC »
A massive thank you to everybody who took the time and trouble to bring food items to our collection point, you were magnificent and very generous! To those who contributed cash as well, another excellent contribution.

You all deserve a big pat on the back!   :thumbsup:

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 06, 2017, 07:57:45 pm by VSC »
We donated earlier today a grand total of 58.6kg of food to the Foodbank at Christ Church for them to distribute. A brilliant effort on our 1st attempt!

legendslounger

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 08, 2017, 03:35:27 pm by legendslounger »
thats very very good. more needed next home game?

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #24 on December 11, 2017, 06:57:30 pm by VSC »
Don't forget you can drop food off at the club during the week at the club shop, ticket office and soccer centre.

Meanwhile we're getting ready to take donations on Saturday before the Oldham game!

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 16, 2017, 09:56:27 am by VSC »
Morning!

One last shout on here for today's game. Please, please, please drop something off at the foodbank collection before today's game, lets help people this Christmas.

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 19, 2017, 12:43:21 pm by VSC »
Really proud that DRFC players have been inspired by our foodbank and have arranged their own collection;

Press information from Club Doncaster

Rovers players and staff have held their own collection for Doncaster Foodbank after being inspired by a supporter-led campaign.

DRFCFans4Foodbanks have set up a collection point at the Keepmoat Stadium on matchdays, which prompted a collection among the players.

The Rovers Academy scholars organised the collection, and were tasked with ensuring the first-team players and coaches got their donations in before Christmas.

Players from the Academy and their families also made donations, as did support staff based at the Cantley Park training ground.

Academy head of education Tony Morton said: “The players have really responded, with the scholars taking the lead in organising the collection as part of the community action they need to do for their NCS course with the Club Doncaster Foundation.

“We saw what the supporters were doing, and decided we wanted to do our bit. In fact, a number of the first-team players have asked us to continue the collections beyond Christmas so we will keep bringing items in to try and help those less fortunate.”

DRFCFans4Foodbanks are a fans-led group staging collections at Rovers matchdays, based outside the Belle Vue Bar from two hours prior to kick-off. They will accept donations of food or money, which are handed on to Doncaster Foodbank.

VSC

• VSC Member

VSC

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on December 23, 2017, 10:37:01 am by VSC »
Don't forget us on Boxing Day, we will be in the normal place!

Jimmydee

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on December 26, 2017, 10:34:29 am by Jimmydee »
I will be at the usual collection point today to receive any donations and to say hello to anyone.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012