Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 23, 2024, 07:43:21 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Lewis Dunk  (Read 4243 times)

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
Lewis Dunk
« on November 26, 2017, 01:07:44 am by Chris Black come back »
Haha.

Ha.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Lewis Dunk
« Reply #1 on November 26, 2017, 02:08:19 am by RoversAlias »
Ya laugh but he's playing in the Premier League, they've been edged out away at Man Utd by an unlucky O.G. and are in the top half.

We're 16th in League One. Doubt he'd swap with us somehow.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on November 26, 2017, 06:55:14 am by GazLaz »
Marquis goes out with his sister. Rovers connection there.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on November 26, 2017, 10:06:55 am by The Red Baron »
Marquis goes out with his sister. Rovers connection there.

John had better look out for his ankles when he goes to meet her family.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on November 26, 2017, 11:03:18 am by Jenny »
I can't believe that people are still bothered by him!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on November 26, 2017, 11:08:44 am by The Red Baron »

Sliding Doors moment.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on November 26, 2017, 12:21:31 pm by idler »
I don't think that any Rovers fan who saw that game will ever forgive him. He certainly meant to crock Billy, maybe not as badly but the intent was there. He certainly contributed to our relegation, we were controlling that game until that challenge.

eastender

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on November 26, 2017, 12:29:02 pm by eastender »

I've got to admit , I've always had a chuckle we ever he got's sent off, scored an own goal , or cocked up.

Campsall rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on November 26, 2017, 09:31:34 pm by Campsall rover »
He probably got SOD the sack as well.
If Billy hadn't got injured we would surely have had a better start to the season. Hayter was injured in the same match as well.
That foul by Dunk still wrankles with me to this day. I know I should have forgotten about it by now, but it was such a major incident in what was the first match of the season.
First league match in the new Amex stadium also. It's never going to leave my memory I fear.

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on November 26, 2017, 09:42:04 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
I'll be honest. I'm still bitter. Laughed when the own goal cannoned in off him.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on November 26, 2017, 10:13:33 pm by pib »

I agree. It's quite pathetic really.

Plus, we had a god awful team that year and our manager had totally lost the plot.  We'd have been relegated badly whether Dunk had injured Sharp or not.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on November 26, 2017, 11:11:00 pm by idler »
I don't particularly give Lewis Dunk a passing thought most of the time but occasionally his name crops up and I remember him.
Rather like passing a dog in the street that once bit you or one of your family, you remember a bad experience.

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #12 on November 26, 2017, 11:23:15 pm by Dagenham Rover »
His name crops up  cos his manager at the time absolutely  insisted he's a young lad he wouldn't dream of doing that sort of thing ........ sorry fella  I reckon you sent him out  to do exactly that cos he was such a sweet and innocent kid  but he went OTT  manipulation by his seniors and I laugh everytime he gets a card  sent off or like yesterday :)

Just my opinion of that incident :)

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on November 27, 2017, 08:31:31 am by CJK »
An hour into the new season and that tackle cost us relegation. Hayter picked up a knock in the same game as well and then Mason went down in the midweek cup game. Season over.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on November 27, 2017, 11:22:54 am by RoversAlias »
It's easy to blame a footballer committing a bad tackle for ruining our season instead of the person/people who panic-sacked our most successful manager in decades and decided to pin our hopes on Willie McKay instead. Bizarre how people choose to view history sometimes.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on November 27, 2017, 11:29:21 am by IDM »
We will never know if that session would have gone any better without that foul..

What was more shocking was that the ref failed to give Dunk a red card..

But a lot has happened since then of course!

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on November 27, 2017, 11:50:19 am by hoolahoop »
He's a tw*t , I was at that game too and feel the same as others he cost us dear.

CJK

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on November 27, 2017, 01:54:44 pm by CJK »
RA I agree with what you say however, had Sharp, Hayter and Mason not all gone down in the first week of the season we may not have been in that position in December/January and the experiment may never have happened.

Anyway it’s all yesterday’s chip shop paper now, it doesn’t relieve Dunk of being a kitson.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on November 27, 2017, 03:52:30 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
That Dunk foul was a true eye-opener for me. I'd always assumed there was a concept called Objective Truth and that the Internet was going to be a wonderful tool in spreading that.

That foul was a classic example of how the Internet could spread an Objective Truth. There was, to my mind, absolutely no way that anyone could defend the challenge. It was either a malicious attempt to put a fellow pro out of the game, or dangerously incompetent. Dunk dived in with both feet off the floor from behind Sharp, in a position which meant there was no way, in my opinion, that he could possibly have got to the ball without going straight through the backs of Sharp's legs first. It was as certain a red card offence as you could ever expect to see. The sort that could easily be a leg-breaker. Utterly indefensible.

Then I had an exchange with Brighton fans. 90% of them were utterly certain that it wasn't worthy of a red card. Dunk had every right to go for the ball and couldn't be blamed for taking Sharp out. Most of them became abusive when I suggested that they had a look at the video and see if they could still defend it (5:05 here)

https://youtu.be/Tz9r-F3j3j0

Or asked them to look at the attachement I've attached to this post.

I'd always assumed that, when intelligent people are presented with evidence that challenges their opnions, they will change their opinions. And that the Internet could only help that process. What a naive bell-end I was.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2017, 08:43:35 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on November 27, 2017, 04:09:27 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
That Dunk foul was a true eye-opener for me. I'd always assumed there was a concept called Objective Truth and that the Internet was going to be a wonderful tool in spreading that.

That foul was a classice example of how the Internet could spread an Objective Truth. There was, to my mind, absolutely no what that anyone could defend the challenge. It was either a malicious attempt to put a fellow pro out of the game, or dangerously incompetent. Dunk dived in with both feet off the floor from behind Sharp, in a position which meant there was no way, in my opinion, that he could possibly have got to the ball without wiping going stright through the backs of Sharp's legs first. It was as certain a red card offence as you could ever expect to see. The sort that could easily be a leg-breaker. Utterly indefensible.

Then I had an exchange with Brighton fans. 90% of them were utterly certain that it wasn't worthy of a red card. Dunk had every right to go for the ball and couldn't be blamed for taking Sharp out. Most of them became abusive when I suggested that they had a look at the video and see if they could still defend it (5:05 here)

https://youtu.be/Tz9r-F3j3j0

Or asked them to look at the attachement I've attached to this post.

I'd always assumed that, when intelligent people are presented with evidence that challenges their opnions, they will change their opinions. And that the Internet could only help that process. What a naive bell-end I was.

Angered me watching that.

To even it out i'm gonna watch both his og's against City & United and laugh.

Pint of bitter, please.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on November 27, 2017, 04:28:17 pm by IDM »
We will never know if that session would have gone any better without that foul..

Even worse since I saw that clip, the ref was about 5 metres away..!!

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on November 27, 2017, 04:32:42 pm by The Red Baron »

The referee was the same chap who refereed Saturday's game, Mr Eddie Ilderton. A man who consistently bottles big decisions, which is why he's no longer entrusted with Championship games. Fortunately he didn't have any big ones to make on Saturday and I accept he didn't see the Butler incident. Although even if he'd seen what happened with both eyes (and I'm not sure what actually happened) I'm not convinced he'd have got the decision right.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 02, 2017, 04:56:39 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
done it again for Liverpool shame

jamie carrager's own goal record will be in danger soon

Matthew Ooley‏
@Ooley8
 7m7 minutes ago
More
Lewis Dunk has been quite the big-game player this season. He’s scored an own goal in games vs Man City, Man United, and Liverpool. What a legend.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 05:10:56 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 03, 2017, 07:58:37 am by The Red Baron »
I've heard he's changing his name to Lewis Dunkog.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 03, 2017, 12:07:57 pm by sheffield exile1 »
I was on the train from Falmer back into Brighton ringing my mate and using much foul and abusive language and all the Brighton fans were very shifty and silent using words such as Lewis F***ing Dunk at the top of my voice.....

Alickismyhero

• VSC Member
« Reply #25 on December 03, 2017, 12:57:30 pm by Alickismyhero »
I too was at that game and find it hard to forgive Dunk and the ref. Whats more interesting, I think I am correct in saying, when Sean was at Bristol he took Dunk on loan! funny old game but the show goes on.

Herman Hessian

• VSC Member
« Reply #26 on December 03, 2017, 02:40:29 pm by Herman Hessian »

rubbish - dunk is an individual whose actions had a significant and lasting impact on Rovers - d'you think we should just forget Tierney and his goal at the brittannia, or hayter making the imbeciles cry - same consequence in that context

more importantly - football is nothing without irrational loathing enduring for decades - it'd be pathetic if gillingham fans didn't still hate swindon, or if the brighton and palace fans were best mates; it's part of what makes the game what it is - dunk and his club-scripted apologies can f**k off

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 03, 2017, 04:08:58 pm by hoolahoop »

rubbish - dunk is an individual whose actions had a significant and lasting impact on Rovers - d'you think we should just forget Tierney and his goal at the brittannia, or hayter making the imbeciles cry - same consequence in that context

more importantly - football is nothing without irrational loathing enduring for decades - it'd be pathetic if gillingham fans didn't still hate swindon, or if the brighton and palace fans were best mates; it's part of what makes the game what it is - dunk and his club-scripted apologies can f**k off

'' hayter making the imbeciles cry '' - love that description.

pib

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 03, 2017, 07:51:19 pm by pib »

Don't think so.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012