Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 05:01:53 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: The art of defending  (Read 1687 times)

selby

• VSC Member
The art of defending
« on December 02, 2017, 07:06:17 pm by selby »
  Someone should make a film of our and Arsenal defenders giving goals away.
 HOW NOT TO DEFEND and Early Christmas presents by Darren and Arsene

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Re: The art of defending
« Reply #1 on December 02, 2017, 07:15:07 pm by Dare to dream! »
Been a brilliant game

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 02, 2017, 08:04:01 pm by selby »
  Wish I had a pound for every goal given away in modern football passing inside across the front of your own penalty area.
  I can remember being told over 50yrs ago by Morgan Hunt,we play wingers to cross the ball when attacking,because it is dangerous and  leads to goals,why do their job for them?
  Good advice then,and still good advice  now,the out ball for a defender is wide right/left or deep down the channel,he was nose to nose with me,I was about 12yrs old.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 02, 2017, 08:26:21 pm by Bentley Bullet »
When I was a kid if you passed the ball across your own goal you would have got your balls chewed and probably never played in the team again. It was simply a mortal sin. Absolutely just not done.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 02, 2017, 08:27:28 pm by IDM »
Aye, that and when in doubt, boot it out!

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 02, 2017, 08:34:01 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Another thing we used to do when I was a kid - The wingers used to take the ball down the wing and cross it to the waiting striker/s in the middle. Nowadays the striker/s in the middle cross the ball to the wingers, instead of having a bloody shot!

If we'd have done that when we were kids we would have been shot and buried in the goal mouth.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2017, 08:36:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 02, 2017, 08:55:55 pm by the vicar »
man u arsenal game and the RL world cup final this morning both great games, the latter, one of the best games i have ever seen in any sport

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 02, 2017, 09:07:22 pm by IDM »
That was a very intense game vicar, and I enjoyed it very much despite the result.  In my opinion England lost because they made a few more errors, particularly close to the Aussie goal line.

England should have kicked their penalties, got points on the board.

Different sport, but both teams defended with their lives, playing at the highest possible level..

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 02, 2017, 10:29:08 pm by the vicar »
i agree IDM not helped by the Ausie ref there try came from a knock on and foul play, and in the first half every time we got near there line he blew up for something

Dagenham Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 02, 2017, 11:53:51 pm by Dagenham Rover »
  Wish I had a pound for every goal given away in modern football passing inside across the front of your own penalty area.
  I can remember being told over 50yrs ago by Morgan Hunt,we play wingers to cross the ball when attacking,because it is dangerous and  leads to goals,why do their job for them?
  Good advice then,and still good advice  now,the out ball for a defender is wide right/left or deep down the channel,he was nose to nose with me,I was about 12yrs old.

and I can also remember some 50 years ago as a defender do not pass across the front of goal.........its fecking dangerous

Bezza

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 03, 2017, 10:33:59 am by Bezza »
Arsenal`s poor defending and Man u`s great finishing made for a fantastic football match, as for the Rugby League zero pts for England but what an effort and how come an Aussie ref was in charge certainly gave the aussies some help in the 1st half.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012