Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 11:25:00 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Today  (Read 4549 times)

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
Re: Today
« Reply #30 on December 03, 2017, 11:49:47 pm by RoversAlias »
Our best 45 minutes of the season in the first half.
Marquis should have got the stadium MoM award for his effort alone.
Three good finishes for the goals but aided by comedy defending.
Goalie taking far too long to clear for the first, Rowe getting through three players for the second and a ridiculous throw in and poor control leading to the third.
Our supporters would have imploded if our players had done those things.
There are signs that things are improving at last and glad to see us with a back four set up once again which is our strongest way of playing.

What I liked about all our goals though Hound, whilst yes the opportunities came from defensive errors, all were well taken shots that were not as easy as you might think. They didn't just gift us the goals, Rowe had to pull off a clever finish to deceive Gilks in a composed fashion for the first, his second is pure quality to outwit three defenders in one move and the finish on his weaker foot was excellent too, and Mandeville's finish was also excellent from a narrowing angle.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 04, 2017, 05:35:22 am by hoolahoop »
We can't knock anyone on that performance, everyone put a shift in, Marquis was outstanding in my opinion

Agreed despite not scoring he chased and harried allowing others both in defence and attack time and space to perform. It's not always about goals for a striker in every game - your value can be more important when you terrify oppo defenses.

He probably will be disappointed not to be on the scoresheet, however he contributed so much more in this particular game than can be measured by goals. It's a team game .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 04, 2017, 07:59:03 am by drfchound »
Our best 45 minutes of the season in the first half.
Marquis should have got the stadium MoM award for his effort alone.
Three good finishes for the goals but aided by comedy defending.
Goalie taking far too long to clear for the first, Rowe getting through three players for the second and a ridiculous throw in and poor control leading to the third.
Our supporters would have imploded if our players had done those things.
There are signs that things are improving at last and glad to see us with a back four set up once again which is our strongest way of playing.

What I liked about all our goals though Hound, whilst yes the opportunities came from defensive errors, all were well taken shots that were not as easy as you might think. They didn't just gift us the goals, Rowe had to pull off a clever finish to deceive Gilks in a composed fashion for the first, his second is pure quality to outwit three defenders in one move and the finish on his weaker foot was excellent too, and Mandeville's finish was also excellent from a narrowing angle.

Agreed on the quality of the finishes RA.
The hardest thing in football is to put the ball in the net.

However, i still think that if we had conceded those goals our fans would be saying we had gifted them to the opposition.

bobbymax

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 04, 2017, 08:26:14 am by bobbymax »
Scunny were poor, we were at it from the off and will not have an easier win all season. Hardly a moment's worry to be honest.
apart from the shot across goal just wide, the save by Lawlor with his feet and the one cleared off the line, yep hardly a moments worry
Correct!

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 04, 2017, 09:54:54 am by wing commander »
  I was gutted to have missed this one and as per normal they save the best displays for when I cant go..However it was nice to see that we played from the start this time.Whilst DF was quite low key in public about that 1st half against MK Dons but I bet it was different behind the dressing room door..
    Also good to hear Rowe had a good game,i've given him some stick over the last few weeks but he nneds to start putting those performances in a bit more often now

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 04, 2017, 10:57:10 am by SydneyRover »
It's great to read about a club a team and supporters all in furious agreement.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012