Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 20, 2024, 03:26:07 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Highlights  (Read 3083 times)

Dare to dream!

• Forum Member
Highlights
« on December 03, 2017, 06:52:44 pm by Dare to dream! »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

balbyrover

• Forum Member
Re: Highlights
« Reply #1 on December 03, 2017, 07:01:18 pm by balbyrover »
Goal number 1 and 3 both came from our players working tirelessly and putting them under pressure.  Just goes to show.
Hard work and determination is just as important as the skillful side of things.

It's good too see.

PDX_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 03, 2017, 07:14:55 pm by PDX_Rover »
Was the game on tv today over there?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 03, 2017, 07:17:28 pm by idler »
Imagine the melt down on here though if we had conceded those goals today. As you say hard work and pressure can and does make things happen.

Jenny

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 03, 2017, 07:20:58 pm by Jenny »
Was the game on tv today over there?

It was part of the BBC coverage, they occasionally cut over to the game but it wasn't shown completely

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 03, 2017, 07:24:07 pm by Prez »
How good was Rowe's second? Great skill and strength to get past 3 defenders, was being dragged back just before he shot. Quality finish.

dknward2

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 03, 2017, 08:50:00 pm by dknward2 »
That fact Rowe stayed on his feet surprised me he had some perfectly reasonable chances to go down for the penalty but staying on his feet gave him the chance at goal and he took it well

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 04, 2017, 08:03:09 am by idler »
He might have been worried that he'd miss the penalty.😉

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 04, 2017, 08:05:16 am by drfchound »
How good was Rowe's second? Great skill and strength to get past 3 defenders, was being dragged back just before he shot. Quality finish.

It was great skill but what would you have said if our defence had allowed a player to breeze through those attempts to stop him ?

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 04, 2017, 10:06:13 am by DonnyOsmond »
The pressing and determination looks brilliant. Do that every game and we'll score goals. Make opposition players make mistakes like the first goal to let us score.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 04, 2017, 12:05:48 pm by Filo »
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the ground Rowe made in that first goal, from the rdge of our box to closing the keeper down, great determination

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 04, 2017, 12:12:25 pm by DRFC-Hanksie »
I’m surprised no one has mentioned the ground Rowe made in that first goal, from the rdge of our box to closing the keeper down, great determination

It's always a chance carrying out this kind of tactic, don't really see rovers do it very often but well played Rowe, paid off for us.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 04, 2017, 01:09:13 pm by drfchound »

I did Filo, on another thread.
Rowe was at least 20 yards away from the keeper after he had got the back pass under control.
He dallied around and took far too long which allowed Rowe to close him down.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 04, 2017, 04:17:59 pm by Prez »

It was great skill but what would you have said if our defence had allowed a player to breeze through those attempts to stop him ?

But it wasn't our defence though was it?? Given the fact that Scunny have only conceded a miserly 14 goals in 20 league games, says a lot doesn't it. Massive credit to Rowe and the rest of the team for making it happen.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 04, 2017, 09:57:52 pm by drfchound »

But it wasn't our defence though was it?? Given the fact that Scunny have only conceded a miserly 14 goals in 20 league games, says a lot doesn't it. Massive credit to Rowe and the rest of the team for making it happen.

Missing the point I am making I think.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 04, 2017, 10:12:56 pm by IDM »
We would have been disappointed to concede 3 goals like that, a bit like vs Walsall. 

However, it is just as important that we capitalise on our opponents' errors as much as creating everything ourselves..

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #16 on December 04, 2017, 10:13:41 pm by since-1969 »
It was perfectly said by someone ‘ that they’d come to bully us and ended up getting the arses kicked ‘ now that’s what happened we grew a large pair !!

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 05, 2017, 01:09:08 am by Prez »

Ok so your point is it was poor defending?

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 05, 2017, 08:16:23 am by drfchound »

Ok so your point is it was poor defending?

Absolutely it was poor defending.

Prez

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 05, 2017, 01:18:51 pm by Prez »
It wasn't the best, but Rowe's sheer tenacity and drive got him through. Also staying on his feet as well.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012