Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 06:54:38 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: January window  (Read 8069 times)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: January window
« Reply #30 on December 04, 2017, 09:29:34 pm by drfchound »
Sign Neil Bishop.

Is that a wind up? He’s about 40 and he’s useless.

Of course it was a wind up Gaz.
It was intended to be a conversation starter, and that is what happened.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 04, 2017, 10:14:44 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
With Andrew well onto the road to recovery, the right back spot is the one we really need to raise the bar, with someone who can make the next step up.

Houghton as said has been on the cards for a while and would be great to end speculation and nail that one down.

I just wonder whether another striking option is on the radar with DF revisiting a previous failed bid and or gazumping a rival with a marquee signing of a strapping individual. Probably more hope than possibility with that one.

DBR - have I missed an update on Andrew? I thought he was out for the whole season?

From what he tweeted, he's on the grass (unless he meant he's smoking weed!) although his return is not imminent, I think we can get by in that position until his return with Toffollo or another loan.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on December 04, 2017, 10:31:56 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Thanks DBR, good news.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #33 on December 05, 2017, 10:39:12 am by acko »
Sheff unt have strikers surplus to requirements,Hanson and Donaldson would do a good job for us till end of season at least

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #34 on December 05, 2017, 11:49:18 am by idler »
Hanson is on 10k a week there from what I was told in Bradford.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #35 on December 05, 2017, 12:17:13 pm by The Red Baron »

I doubt we could afford to sign him permanently but a loan wouldn't be out of the question.

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #36 on December 05, 2017, 12:19:08 pm by GazLaz »

I doubt we could afford to sign him permanently but a loan wouldn't be out of the question.

I wouldn’t want him.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #37 on December 05, 2017, 12:24:51 pm by idler »
He has a bad injury record and isn't too mobile though. I think that he would make us too one dimensional personally.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #38 on December 05, 2017, 12:40:38 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
I heard a rumour about a certain striker on loan at Millers was going back to Ipswich in January...would we...could we ??

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #39 on December 05, 2017, 12:44:28 pm by graingrover »
I heard a rumour about a certain striker on loan at Millers was going back to Ipswich in January...would we...could we ??
not Moore .. he has scored 13 at Rotherham thanks only to long ball game onto his head and their performance at Keepmoat was most boring !

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #40 on December 05, 2017, 01:06:32 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Wright on a longer contract and Houghton if possible. Kiwomya will be back mid January so that's another outlet up top. Toffolo till the end of the season to cover Andrew's lost?

Don't think we've really got an endless pot of money to throw on covering certain positions.

Happy with the players we've got at this moment in time!

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #41 on December 05, 2017, 01:15:33 pm by RoversAlias »
He's said he doesn't want big changes nor do we need them. I see two additions, maybe a third depending on whether or not he keeps our current loanees. A forward, a defender and then maybe a replacement for Kongolo if he decides to send him back will be a good month of business.

Fur Calf

• Forum Member
« Reply #42 on December 05, 2017, 05:22:42 pm by Fur Calf »
If we can have a good cup run resulting in more money for the club that plus the contingency money already allocated for January could see us going for some quality up front and a full back/wing back.

elmsallrover

• Forum Member
« Reply #43 on December 05, 2017, 05:29:03 pm by elmsallrover »
Heard moore is off to Wigan £400,000

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #44 on December 05, 2017, 06:21:56 pm by NickDRFC »

That's got Jordan Rhodes Mk II written all over it - sell for a bit of fast cash now and miss out on significantly more a few years down the line.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #45 on December 05, 2017, 07:19:02 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »

That's got Jordan Rhodes Mk II written all over it - sell for a bit of fast cash now and miss out on significantly more a few years down the line.

I would have thought Ipswich would want to test him out first. £400,000 could be a shrewd investment.

DonnyOsmond

• Forum Member
« Reply #46 on December 05, 2017, 07:39:06 pm by DonnyOsmond »
Wright - I think we have option on another year so don't worry too much. He does need a new contract though.

donny dave

• Forum Member
« Reply #47 on December 06, 2017, 07:50:19 am by donny dave »
Wigan always  go for the goal scorers inform until he signs for them.
What's happening with the lad from Grimsby they signed.

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #48 on December 06, 2017, 08:03:43 am by IDM »
Bogle?  at Cardiff now..

Alan Southstand

• Forum Member
« Reply #49 on December 06, 2017, 08:05:22 am by Alan Southstand »
.....and scoring for them just the other week!

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #50 on December 06, 2017, 11:10:38 am by DMnumber4 »
Kristian Dennis at Chesterfield? 11 goals in a side that's rock bottom of the Football League.

He's out of contract in the summer so perhaps dangle a (smallish) fee their way? He wouldn't have to relocate.

roverstillidie91

• VSC Member
« Reply #51 on December 06, 2017, 11:17:57 am by roverstillidie91 »
Jai Quitongo? If that's how you spell his name I recognised his name on Gillette Soccer Saturday maybe a possibility of going in for him again?

+ out of contact end of the campaign according to an article on the internet.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #52 on December 06, 2017, 11:20:09 am by Dutch Uncle »
Doidge of FGR is also doing well in a lower table side.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #53 on December 06, 2017, 11:43:16 am by RedJ »
Jai Quitongo? If that's how you spell his name I recognised his name on Gillette Soccer Saturday maybe a possibility of going in for him again?

He's got SPL sides interested in him now. Plus Ferguson has already said in the past he won't be going back in for him.

DMnumber4

• Forum Member
« Reply #54 on December 06, 2017, 12:16:53 pm by DMnumber4 »
Wasn't he all but signed until someone north of the border let it slip in an effort to instigate a bidding war?

Dabby

• Forum Member
« Reply #55 on December 06, 2017, 12:45:18 pm by Dabby »
Jason Oswell ... Striker .. Stockport County.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #56 on December 06, 2017, 12:51:47 pm by RoversAlias »

He's got SPL sides interested in him now. Plus Ferguson has already said in the past he won't be going back in for him.

I doubt we'll go back in for this particular player now but as far as SPL sides are concerned, I'd say we can compete for the signature of a player with nearly every SPL club anyway.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #57 on December 06, 2017, 01:54:43 pm by RedJ »

I doubt we'll go back in for this particular player now but as far as SPL sides are concerned, I'd say we can compete for the signature of a player with nearly every SPL club anyway.

Well at a Retford branch meeting he did a Q&A at, he said he wasn't 100% the lad would've coped with the move down here, so yes financially and in terms of facilities we can compete with most of them, but that isn't the entire story.

And yes, someone at Morton went public with our bid.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #58 on December 06, 2017, 02:09:49 pm by RoversAlias »

Well at a Retford branch meeting he did a Q&A at, he said he wasn't 100% the lad would've coped with the move down here, so yes financially and in terms of facilities we can compete with most of them, but that isn't the entire story.

And yes, someone at Morton went public with our bid.

Good point RedJ. I guess his circumstances may have changed a bit in the 15 or so months since but I doubt he's still on our radar anyway.

It's someone with L1 experience I think we need which puts Quitongo well in the shade in terms of an attacking target.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #59 on December 06, 2017, 03:30:47 pm by the vicar »
With Andrew well onto the road to recovery, the right back spot is the one we really need to raise the bar, with someone who can make the next step up.

Houghton as said has been on the cards for a while and would be great to end speculation and nail that one down.

I just wonder whether another striking option is on the radar with DF revisiting a previous failed bid and or gazumping a rival with a marquee signing of a strapping individual. Probably more hope than possibility with that one.

DBR - have I missed an update on Andrew? I thought he was out for the whole season?

From what he tweeted, he's on the grass (unless he meant he's smoking weed!) although his return is not imminent, I think we can get by in that position until his return with Toffollo or another loan.
it's down to sence of humour ant that is what a lot on here don't have sadley

TinyPortal © 2005-2012