Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 12:28:31 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Trump  (Read 32448 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: Trump
« Reply #180 on June 20, 2018, 03:19:55 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
And this.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/amp.cnn.com/cnn/2018/06/20/politics/immigration-border-separations-tender-age-shelters/index.html

For the avoidance of doubt, when it says that babies and toddlers have been “separated” from their parents, it doesn’t mean they got lost. It means they WERE separated. By border officials. Acting on the instructions of the Administration.

Those of you who normalise or ignore this sort of action. Take a look into your souls.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #181 on June 20, 2018, 04:21:13 pm by wilts rover »
It must be bad. Even Theresa May & Gerard Batten have condemned him for it.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #182 on June 20, 2018, 05:13:05 pm by Dutch Uncle »
It can happen because he controls all information to his base who unquestioningly believe his outright lies and blame-everyone-else tactics. Very scary. He has the mid-terms as his main goal at the moment, and he is shamefully using children as leverage to fund his Wall. Everything else from trade wars, optimistic claims of North Korea summit, playing tough with 'allies' at G7, leaving UN Human Rights groups etc is spun to his base as making America great again .

As BST has earlier pointed out, Seth Abramson's twitter is a very good read.

https://twitter.com/SethAbramson/status/1009149094693167106

Also in Abramson's feeds are his analysis of the recent Horowitz report, which Trump falsely claims exonerates him when it never even looked at the Russian connections. The report actually shows there were rogue FBI agents in cohoots with Giuliani in October 2016. These agents threatened leaks of the re-opening of the Hilary email investigation and this was why Comey went against FBI regs to announce this days before the election, thus according to many analysts handing the election to Trump.  Giuliani was on air boasting about a 'surprise' a couple of days before Comey's bombshell.

It also seems the Russians were very helpful in finding those new emails........................

Of course no-one in the UK would openly lie about Brexit consquences or be funded by Russians approaching a major national vote...........

Scary times, and a deeply divided and isolated USA.
« Last Edit: June 20, 2018, 05:24:55 pm by Dutch Uncle »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #183 on June 20, 2018, 11:31:50 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Dutch

Abramson is doing an astonishing job. Muller will put together the case on Trump, there’s no doubt about that. But when he does, it’s still up to Congress to act and they will only act if there is a mood in the country to do so. Trump is banking on being able to steamroller his way through this, either by keeping the Republican Congressmen and Senators onside, or in extremis, by sacking Muller. He is bawling out the “No conspiracy - Witch Hunt!” Line every week on Twitter, precisely to convince his base that he is being victimised. So his base pushes the Rep party to back him no matter.

The mainstream media have covered Trump shockingly. They’ve played it as a soap opera and there’s bedn no investigative journalism to inform the public of the extent of his treasonous criminality. Nothing at all to counterbalance Fox News and Trump’s Twitter feed.

Which is where Abramson comes in. As an amateur, he’s been doing what the professional journalists should have been doing. He’s been pulling together the facts, piecing together the story and putting it out there to inform people what the scale of Trump’s criminality is. And now he’s finally getting some traction in the media. So he’s preparing people for the fight that is just around the corner.

If America saves itself from this nightmare, it will be because of Abramson and people like him.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #184 on June 21, 2018, 07:28:34 am by drfchound »
Well BST, it looks as though your posts on June 20th has had an effect.
Trump obviously reads this forum and has changed the child separation policy.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #185 on June 21, 2018, 07:55:05 am by Glyn_Wigley »

Create a problem, solve the problem you've created, then claim it as an achievement.

That's Trump politics in a nutshell.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #186 on June 21, 2018, 09:55:04 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Sandy Lane

• VSC Member
« Reply #187 on June 22, 2018, 02:22:41 am by Sandy Lane »
Yes, things are pretty bad here. Andy, Brian and a lot of you have it pretty much spot on.  I was hoping that this recent stunt separating the children from their families at the border would start to turn the tide against him.  It has to a degree, but we have to keep up the pressure on our lawmakers to stand up to him, as it now turns out his ‘executive order’ was only good for 20 days.  He is evil. We also have to change the demographics during the mid term elections, but of course Trump hasn’t looked into the Russian election hacking in any real way as he knows if it still exists it will benefit him.  He really is a jack ass in that he is allowing himself to be played and owned by Putin - to the detriment of us and the world.  In the meantime he gets emboldened from his perceived victories and sadly I’m not sure there are enough people who see the threat of this presidency yet. It’s an unreal situation and one I would never have seen coming, and all this in six months time.

MachoMadness

• Forum Member
« Reply #188 on June 22, 2018, 12:28:54 pm by MachoMadness »
Media currently in a frenzy about Melania wearing a jacket that said "I REALLY DON'T CARE. DO U?" on the back, while she was on the way to visit the kids trapped in those detention centres. Can't help but feel like that was bait to distract from the seriousness of the real issue that's going on.

Create a problem, say the Democrats created it, solve the problem you've created, then claim it as an achievement.

Your post was missing an important step.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #189 on June 24, 2018, 03:15:04 pm by Dutch Uncle »
With so many controversial issues to speak about several important ones can be temporarily forgotten.

Just for one second, returning to tariffs and escalating trade war, I wonder if there could be more to Trump declaring that Canada and the EU are 'threats to the national security of the USA'. I know that is the only hook he has to levy tariffs from his own Presidential powers, but right there he has declared nearly all of the NATO Alliance members* as threats to his national security. Is he planning to pull the US out of NATO? That would be the ultimate prize for Putin. Trump has complained the US pays 'nearly the entire NATO budget' (actual figure is about 20%, reflecting the relative size of economies).

By the way NATO Article V (attack on one nation is an attack on all NATO member nations, and the cornerstone of NATO) has only ever been triggered once. The irony here is that it was not triggered by a European nation threatened from the east, it was the US itself that triggered it after 9/11. NATO also gave significant assistance to the US after Hurricane Katrina, so the US has also benefitted directly from NATO.

P.S. (* above) Ironically one of the few NATO nations not in the EU is Norway, a country Trump has singled out as a desirable one to have immigrants from. But I am sure he has no idea of which organisations Norway is or is not a member of.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #190 on June 24, 2018, 09:03:53 pm by wilts rover »
That will be a fun visit then if May hosts the US president the day after he breaks up NATO!

I cant believe that Trump actually has a plan to pull the US out of NATO, if only because I dont believe that Trump actually has a plan for anything. He seems to make policy up as he goes along.

However he is clearly more interested in pounds, shillings and pence (or dollars and cents) than he is in strategic geo-politics and clearly with the problems the EU countries have with err, US tariffs, migration, the cost of Brexit, they are not going to be increasing their spending because Trump says they have to. I can't imagine it will be a harmonious summit.

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #191 on June 24, 2018, 09:13:09 pm by Dutch Uncle »
That will be a fun visit then if May hosts the US president the day after he breaks up NATO!

I cant believe that Trump actually has a plan to pull the US out of NATO, if only because I dont believe that Trump actually has a plan for anything. He seems to make policy up as he goes along.

However he is clearly more interested in pounds, shillings and pence (or dollars and cents) than he is in strategic geo-politics and clearly with the problems the EU countries have with err, US tariffs, migration, the cost of Brexit, they are not going to be increasing their spending because Trump says they have to. I can't imagine it will be a harmonious summit.

That's what worries me Wilts. I don't think he will pull the US out, it is just that that would be consistent with things he has said. But then again it would be absolutely stupid to look for any consistency.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #192 on June 24, 2018, 11:05:43 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
It very much depends on what Putin has on him.

Putin obviously has something enormous on Trump. Because Trump who is famously disengaged about policy detail, pushed through a policy change at the Republican convention in 2016 massively watering down sanctions against Russia over Ukraine. And then, when questioned about why he did it, responded like this (first 45 seconds here).
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=VEtEzB3mxT0

That pretty well nails it that Trump WAS involved but doesn’t want to be questioned on it.

The smart money is on Trump having given a soft line to Putin because Putin was offering to pass Hilary Clinton’s stolen e-mails to Wikileaks to win the Election for Trump.

So that’s something reasonably large that Putin has on Trump. Conspiracy to commit treason.

With that hanging over Trump’s head and the rest of his life in jail if it gets out, who knows what he would do to appease Putin?
« Last Edit: June 24, 2018, 11:07:45 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #193 on June 25, 2018, 06:33:41 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
https://mobile.twitter.com/JuliaDavisNews/status/1010947994596896768

Here’s the endgame coming out of the shadows. This is f**king terrifying.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #194 on June 25, 2018, 07:01:31 pm by wilts rover »

That's what worries me Wilts. I don't think he will pull the US out, it is just that that would be consistent with things he has said. But then again it would be absolutely stupid to look for any consistency.

I notice we signed up to the European Joint Military Intervention Force today Dutch. Do you have any thoughts on that. Can it really operate alongside & outside NATO or is it the beginnings of a Pan-European force to replace it?

Dutch Uncle

• VSC Member
« Reply #195 on June 25, 2018, 09:15:05 pm by Dutch Uncle »
Hi Wilts

It is a few years since I had direct insights into that. But I would think this was years in the planning and thus highly unlikely that it took account of any thoughts of the possibility of the US leaving NATO.

The EU has long wanted its own defence organisation (EDA/EDF) alongside NATO, and NATO would potentially be involved in helping with multi-national interoperability issues - standardisation of planning, procedures, command and control, hardware etc. NATO is the only game in town as far as real experience of multi-national interoperability is concerned and its input and approval for release of the above would be essential for any European Defence Force. IMHO NATO might not be totally happy internally, but would put on a public face of cooperation.

My opinion - no-one is thinking of replacing NATO, especially in a time of increasing threat from the east, but there might be some small operations that a European Force might undertake.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #196 on July 13, 2018, 12:47:18 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Sweet f**king Jesus.

https://mobile.twitter.com/JORISLUIJENDIJK/status/1017427050687270912/video/1

That is terrifying. The main is incapable of holding a thought.

Q. “What do you think about Hard Brexit?”

A. “I won the vote in Wisconsin and I’ve got lots of property all over.”

And he’s so irredeemably f**king thick, his claim about Wisconsin and Reagan isn’t even correct.

God
f**king
Help
Us.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #197 on July 13, 2018, 02:48:40 pm by hoolahoop »
Yep I've been reading the other stuff further up the thread , frankly I'm  surprised that we are even entertaining this numbskull and hope that  we are now seriously ensuring that the most sensitive Intel is not shared with him or his advisors. Trump quite simply can't be trusted in any way and on any subject.

Brexit was ALWAYS going to weaken the Western Alliance but more than that we have all allowed Putin and his cronies to interfere directly with not only our trade positions as a continent but our very own security by that I mean that of Europe ( EU call it what you will ).
He ( Putin ) is most definitely the puppeteer here and has  the destruction of the West, NATO the EU and of course this country firmly targeted, locked on and awaiting the right moment to make his move. We may soon all be left extremely weak and the continent will be at his mercy.

Yet we still insist on sleepwalking over the cliff- edge like out of control and demented mules....stubborn little Britishers that can't see the wood for the trees.

There's far more at stake here than Brexit , for that like the Trump Presidency, Crimea, Eastern Ukraine are only pieces in a jigsaw of a new world map being drawn up in Moscow.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #198 on July 13, 2018, 06:34:20 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Wow.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/13/politics/russia-investigation-indictments/index.html

It’s blindingly obvious from the detail that some of the unnamed Americans mentioned in these indictments are Trump campaign big shots.

Roger Stone in particular may feel a net closing in.

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #199 on July 13, 2018, 09:37:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
So here’s a thing.

1) The US Department of Justice has just indicted 12 Russian military officers for a range of crimes connected with Trump’s election, including illegally hacking Clinton’s e-mails and passing them to Wikileaks. It is beyond credulity that the Russian military would have done this without the Kremlin’s blessing. The implication is clear that Putin has criminally interfered with the US democratic process.

2) The DoJ informed Trump of these impending indictments earlier in the week...

3...but Trump then went out and announced in a speech that Putin is fine and is not an enemy, and...

4...When Trump leaves the UK, he’s going to Helsinki for a summit with Putin, where he plans to meet in secret, with only interpreters and no officials present.

f**k me. The biggest criminal in US history. Hiding there in plain sight.

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #200 on July 14, 2018, 01:44:33 am by hoolahoop »

Create a problem, solve the problem you've created, then claim it as an achievement.

Munchausen condition ( MAW ) perhaps ?

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #201 on July 14, 2018, 02:07:51 am by hoolahoop »
Wow.
https://edition.cnn.com/2018/07/13/politics/russia-investigation-indictments/index.html

It’s blindingly obvious from the detail that some of the unnamed Americans mentioned in these indictments are Trump campaign big shots.

Roger Stone in particular may feel a net closing in.

Wow indeed , it certainly takes some wading through. This Mueller investigation is nothing but  extremely thorough and that net is definitely going to catch the boys involved .

If you were to attempt to write a cold war novel - ones imagination could never come up with anything even approaching this.
I'm surprised that the Helsinki meeting is still going ahead in light of these revelations .

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #202 on July 14, 2018, 09:23:35 am by wilts rover »
f**k me. The biggest criminal in US history. Hiding there in plain sight.

Trump might be on a shortlist of 1 for worst US president in history but biggest criminal? They did start a civil war that saw the death of over half a million people and Richard Nixon who killed a lot more you know!

I do worry what he may agree to with Putin as regards NATO. It's still unclear as to what he agreed last week (did he really say he would pull the US out in January 2019 if spending wasn't increased to 4% of GDP!) and he was quick to stop the exercises in Korea during the talks with Kim.

Maybe he will stay in Scotland as he appears to like it. Seeing as how he has declared it's not in the UK anymore!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #203 on July 14, 2018, 10:00:57 am by BillyStubbsTears »
I’m not aware of any previous US president or person having engaged in a conspiracy with a hostile state to pervert the democratic process. That takes some beating as a crime.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #204 on July 14, 2018, 12:12:00 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I’m not aware of any previous US president or person having engaged in a conspiracy with a hostile state to pervert the democratic process. That takes some beating as a crime.

You don't know what Nixon did to win the 1968 election then!

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #205 on July 16, 2018, 09:00:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
Well this is getting interesting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44852812

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #206 on July 16, 2018, 10:40:00 pm by Filo »
Well this is getting interesting.
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-44852812

He's mad,he's had a go at every ally of America, NATO included and today sucks Putins cock!

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #207 on July 16, 2018, 10:55:18 pm by RedJ »
Wonder why...

Pancho Regan

• VSC Member
« Reply #208 on July 17, 2018, 12:16:53 pm by Pancho Regan »
What I find incredible is that most sensible people could surely see during the election campaign that this guy wasn't fit for this office.
Granted, it would have been difficult to imagine just how outrageous and downright dangerous he would turn out to be, but the seeds were there for all to see.

How the hell did he fool so many voters into electing him?

I've always been slightly troubled by the Presidential election process in the US; there was always the potential for some unsuitable individual to make it into the White House.
But Trump is on another level entirely.

The most powerful politician in the world.....it is nothing less than terrifying.

i_ateallthepies

• VSC Member
« Reply #209 on July 17, 2018, 05:31:37 pm by i_ateallthepies »
Kim Jung Trump!

TinyPortal © 2005-2012