Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 18, 2024, 10:08:45 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: McIndoe vindicated  (Read 4174 times)

Branton Rover

• VSC Member
McIndoe vindicated
« on December 08, 2017, 06:36:38 am by Branton Rover »
Has been cleared of any wrongdoing whatsoever and the case by the CPS has been dropped with no further action.

Just goes to show how things can mushroom out of control and allegations can become facts #fakenews. Macca is an innocent man and as I said in a previous post he was only guilty of naivity in his business dealings and being too trusting which ultimately cost him.

Hopefully he can now rebuild his life with his reputation reinstated to its previous state before all the nonsense broke out

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

drfchound

• Forum Member
Re: McIndoe vindicated
« Reply #1 on December 08, 2017, 07:51:07 am by drfchound »
I am waiting for someone to say that he isn't innocent, just not found to be guilty !!

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 08, 2017, 08:19:06 am by IDM »
Being pedantic, he hasn't been "not found to be guilty", as he hasn't been tried in court...

The case has been dropped, closed.. Simples.

A spokesman for New Scotland Yard said today: "In February 2015 an allegation of fraud was made to Westminster CID.

"Following an initial investigation, the matter was deemed a civil matter and the victim informed.

"Further allegations were subsequently reported to police via Action Fraud.

"These were assessed and an investigation was launched by officers from the Falcon unit."

McIndoe was interviewed under caution in connection with the investigation on January 10 this year, the spokesman said, adding: "No further action will be taken. The investigation is closed."

Read more at https://www.expressandstar.com/news/2017/12/07/michael-mcindoe-fraud-probe-into-ex-wolves-player-dropped/#8ZOIv5pobPcsPWed.99
« Last Edit: December 08, 2017, 08:25:54 am by IDM »

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 08, 2017, 08:41:25 am by Bentley Bullet »
I'm waiting for someone to come out with the 'there's no smoke without fire' b*llocks.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 08, 2017, 08:44:41 am by silent majority »
I suppose going bankrupt and owing 17 individuals £3.5m is normal daily business for an ex-footballer.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 08, 2017, 08:52:02 am by anne honemous »
He can be declared 'innocent' by the CPS but it won't improve his reputation amongst ex-pros whatsoever.

They'll still say they're owed X amounts of money by him and he'll still be a marked man. None of the players who lost money will think 'Oh he's innocent so that's okay'.

And he still bottled going on BBC Radio West Midlands about six weeks ago when they had other footballers there wanting to put questions to him.

Funny how he's in the news a lot more recently and it just happens to coincide with a book he's trying to sell...

aidanstu

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 08, 2017, 08:55:07 am by aidanstu »
I am waiting for someone to say that he isn't innocent, just not found to be guilty !!

If I murder somebody and don’t get caught it doesn’t mean I’m innocent does it. Don’t take that as a threat 😀

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 08, 2017, 09:03:42 am by Bentley Bullet »
But McIndoe did get caught and was questioned and released.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 08, 2017, 09:13:20 am by mrfrostsdad »
If the CPS look at a case and decide there isn't a hope in hell of a conviction and drop it, that's far more not guilty than it going to court and being found not guilty by a jury, because in that scenario there was a decent chance of a conviction in the first place

IDM

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 08, 2017, 09:15:53 am by IDM »
I suspect this case is like one of potentially many - morally he may have done wrong, but not broken any laws?

I'm almost 50 years old and it is perfectly legal for me to have a sexual relationship with a 16 year old.  To do that, from my point of view and I guess from many others' viewpoints, would be totally and utterly "wrong" regardless of legality status.

As for facts, McIndoe is innocent of fraud.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 08, 2017, 09:19:32 am by wing commander »
  Yep..See he was giving our fanzine some grief on twitter about it when no charges were announced..He had the date,issue no and page ready at his disposal...But he's had a real good time on other peoples money and he has nothing to be gloating about..

Avsuptem

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 08, 2017, 09:44:57 am by Avsuptem »
If it's been deemed a matter for the civil court the words caveat emptor may prevail.

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 08, 2017, 12:35:45 pm by RoversAlias »
Whether or not he did or did not do what they accused him of, I still think he's come across like a bit of a tosspot since his re-emergence and no amount of good runs down the wing a decade ago will make me like him again.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #13 on December 08, 2017, 01:51:52 pm by graingrover »
Any investor being promised guaranteed returns well over current market rates should double check the experience and know how of the manager of the scheme and ensure that the scheme falls within the ambit of the Financial Services Control Authority. But footballers  seemingly just need to know the other party was a decent player.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 08, 2017, 02:12:24 pm by Copps is Magic »
What you're saying is, is footballers are generally a bit daft?

It's been hard for this story over the years to even threaten entering on to my moral compass. If he'd secretly embezzled 10m from savethechildren i'd of paid a bit more attention but luring some naive people with a bit too much money into (apparently) less than secure investments, well, its hard for me to care.

I imagine Macca is celebrating with a bottle of bubby tonight, and refreshing his book sales on amazon.

wing commander

• Forum Member
« Reply #15 on December 08, 2017, 02:19:34 pm by wing commander »
  I think you are all guilty of headline watching here,it's not just about millionaire footballers..If you take a real good deep look into it he went bankrupt owing millions not just to footballers but small businesses supplying goods and services to his clubs while not getting paid watching him throw lavish party's on Marbella beach with champagne...He's no victim but there are many decent people and businesses that are...

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 08, 2017, 02:27:42 pm by Copps is Magic »
You'd be right. Haven't got the time or inclination to look into it detail.

But really, the same principle applies doesn't it? If it appears the loans/investments weren't illegal, you submit yourself to natural risks and taking due diligence to who and where you send your money.

Me personally, it would take a great great leap of faith to give the pittance I have accumulated to anyone else.

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 08, 2017, 03:22:19 pm by Lifelong supporter »
It seems some people think it's all right to take anyone who is naive to the cleaners irrespective of how much money they have.
Leaving aside this issue McIndoe was an excellent footballer who did well for us but not a fantastic person by all accounts.
I know a player from that period very well and according to him McIndoe was not very well liked all round.
Especially when he went around telling other players he thought he was too good to be at Rovers.
Which apparently he did quite often.

Copps is Magic

• Forum Member
« Reply #18 on December 08, 2017, 04:13:08 pm by Copps is Magic »
It seems some people think it's all right to take anyone who is naive to the cleaners irrespective of how much money they have.

Where did anyone say it was right, please?

since-1969

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 08, 2017, 05:29:08 pm by since-1969 »
I know crime doesn’t pay ..but stupidity most certainly does , not sure if McIndoe or his investors ,  who are the most stupid .

Move DRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #20 on December 08, 2017, 05:47:17 pm by Move DRFC »
You'd think McIndoe owes some of the people on here money the way some of you go on. The guy was one of the best players we've had and i for that will always think highly of him

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 08, 2017, 06:41:04 pm by sheffield exile1 »
OK two themes here. One is of the fantastic playr we had with that penalty in the league cup and countless other moments we are all eternally grateful for. Then there is the less savoury with a scam, if its to be believed, targetting it seems ex-players with considerable assets, to invest in his schemes to make money. My gut reaction is that he should not have done what he did   (without knowing the full facts) if his aim was exploitation of those assets for his personal gain, then morally he is bang out of order, legally or otherwise, So to me he is guilty of moral corruption if not legal, and the book makes it further in bad taste given that. I do believe we got him from Yeovil for a £50,000 pittance so given his form, it was not logical so how much of a liability did they see him as? I have heard tales of drink and gambling (unsubstantiated i might add) so maybe there could be some pattern?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 08, 2017, 06:47:35 pm by acko »
ever since big money got into the game many of big name footballers have made bad buisness decisions and lost a lot.there is also many so called stars go bankrupt, big earners  there is also a lot lose big money gambling but no one blames the bookies.they all have a chance yes or no so they shouldnt complain when things dont go their way

Lifelong supporter

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 08, 2017, 07:31:42 pm by Lifelong supporter »

Where did anyone say it was right, please?

Sorry, you didn't.
You just said it was hard for you to care if some naive people were lured into less than secure investments.
Well, that's all right then.

sheffield exile1

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 08, 2017, 09:14:05 pm by sheffield exile1 »
ever since big money got into the game many of big name footballers have made bad buisness decisions and lost a lot.there is also many so called stars go bankrupt, big earners  there is also a lot lose big money gambling but no one blames the bookies.they all have a chance yes or no so they shouldnt complain when things dont go their way

Without wanting to be controversial, I think you miss the point, OK gambling is one thing, being advised how to use your money by a "trusted source" in a sure fire investment, however stupid that may seem is to me significantly different?

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 09, 2017, 12:40:33 am by wesisback »
 I've bought his book for numerous people for Christmas and wouldn't be surprised if I receive it a few times too. Without doubt, the most skillful player I've seen pull on a Rovers shirt and possibly ever will.

wilts rover

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 09, 2017, 09:05:17 am by wilts rover »
I do believe we got him from Yeovil for a £50,000 pittance so given his form, it was not logical so how much of a liability did they see him as? I have heard tales of drink and gambling (unsubstantiated i might add) so maybe there could be some pattern?

He certainly had a lot of problems with drink and gambling very early on in his career as he mentioned it in interviews during his time with us. How he was now (then) reformed and grateful for a second chance in football. I presume he mentions this in the book?

He was supposed to have fallen out with Gary Johnstone hence why he left Yeovil.

Rovers Return

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 09, 2017, 09:46:13 am by Rovers Return »
I do know of a nightclub he was refurbishing in London that a couple of local Donny guys got involved with in its early stage. They sat and complained about the lack of money that was being paid. Luckily it was well before we were anywhere near involved. They never got paid.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 09, 2017, 10:53:59 am by acko »
Iaccept what you say Sheff Excile but surely these people have agents,advisors to look after their financial affairs.It appears to me that these people have not done their jobs properly.Again you can ask if this was a way of not paying tax on the promise of big profits

wesisback

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 09, 2017, 09:23:20 pm by wesisback »
Iaccept what you say Sheff Excile but surely these people have agents,advisors to look after their financial affairs.It appears to me that these people have not done their jobs properly.Again you can ask if this was a way of not paying tax on the promise of big profits
Exactly this. I refuse to feel much sympathy for thick footballers who have invested their money badly.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012