Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 25, 2024, 09:08:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: When was the last time.........  (Read 5284 times)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: When was the last time.........
« Reply #30 on December 09, 2017, 09:51:32 pm by RedJ »
Well to be fair he made it perfectly clear he didn't care whether we went through or not.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on December 09, 2017, 11:29:06 pm by dickos1 »
What he says before a game and after a game is a completely different thing.
He said before the mk dons came it didn't matter how we played as long as we won, and then when we won wrote paragraphs about how rubbish and lucky we were

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #32 on December 09, 2017, 11:41:04 pm by RedJ »
He's not wrong though. On another day Milton Keynes should've been out of sight before half time.

dickos1

• VSC Member
« Reply #33 on December 09, 2017, 11:44:55 pm by dickos1 »
Can't have it both ways. Can't say the performance doesn't matter it's the result that counts when you lose and then when you win say the performance was shit.

Unless of course all you're bothered about doing is posting negative tripe constantly

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #34 on December 10, 2017, 10:29:22 am by Chris Black come back »
The fundamental point surely is that nobody can find our current position satisfactory and while there are some good performances, we keep making the same mistakes as we have all season and there is no consistent improvement - we are now pretty much where we have been in the table all season.

It is not good enough and the question is how we address this and in particular, stop making the same mistakes we have done all season.

mrfrostsdad

• Forum Member
« Reply #35 on December 10, 2017, 11:42:02 am by mrfrostsdad »
And how many points did beating Scunthorpe get us last week? Nil. Zilch. That will really help us come the end of the season if we're in a relegation battle

Put it this way if we'd lost 3-0 you'd have been on here pissing and whining

No I wouldn't, because to be honest I really don't care about the cup competitions. I didn't even bother coming over last week and I won't for the next round either.
With regards to the MK Dons game, I think you'll find that I posted something along the lines of 'we won and we were crap but it doesn't matter'. And we were absolutely bloody awful in that first half and should have been dead and buried by half time. We stole a point against Rotherham and had it not been for a great save from Lawlor against Portsmouth we'd have only drawn that game as well.

All this all points to one thing: we're struggling at this level. The league table doesn't lie. Now whether that is because the players are not good enough, the manager doesn't have a clue, lack of investment by the board or even us as fans having too high expectations I don't know. Probably a mixture of the lot.
One thing I do know is that next week has become a must win game again. Lose and we're up shite creek without a paddle again.

ps. I still don't see us getting relegated

TinyPortal © 2005-2012