Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 06:06:50 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Bookies to pay out ? Man City Champions  (Read 2662 times)

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Bookies to pay out ? Man City Champions
« on December 10, 2017, 07:12:52 pm by Donnywolf »
We had a thread a couple of Seasons ago when Man City were "walking it" suggesting a) Man City were certs to win the Premier League and b) that (one poster said) they would never come off the Top of the League

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=253850.msg565944#msg565944

However that was on the last day of AUGUST and they did relinquish their grip on top spot pretty soon afterwards and Leicester won the League BUT City did not have Pep as their Manager

So is the game up already for Man U who seem to be their only viable challengers or can Spurs or Liverpool come up on the rails ?

Arsenal amazingly are 5th in the League but nearer the relegation battle that they are the Title
« Last Edit: December 10, 2017, 07:15:40 pm by Donnywolf »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

RedJ

• Forum Member
Re: Bookies to pay out ? Man City Champions
« Reply #1 on December 10, 2017, 07:20:13 pm by RedJ »
It's over.

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 10, 2017, 07:54:15 pm by Donnywolf »
1/25 for Prem League - 16/1 Man U

4/1 for Champions League (only PSG shorter at 7/2)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 10, 2017, 07:57:35 pm by The Red Baron »
I don't see any outcome other than City winning the Title by a distance. Which is rather disappointing, but I don't think it's a particularly good Premier League this season.

Makes it more difficult to laugh at our friends in Scotland and their one-horse race. At least ours isn't the same horse every year.

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 10, 2017, 08:25:55 pm by acko »
Iseem to remember when Rovers where certaintys to win league last season only to finish 3rd.My oppinion about Man City they need to keep Silva and De Bruyne fit because the defence is vunrable

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 10, 2017, 10:46:13 pm by anne honemous »
I think they'll come unstuck at some point.

Whether or not it's to the extent that they then go and relinquish an 11-point lead is another question though.

Assuming they stay unbeaten, it won't be long before the invincibles talk starts!

Retdon1

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 10, 2017, 10:49:49 pm by Retdon1 »
I got 33/1 for them to win the premiership  and champions league at the beginning of the season. Will be tough to win the champions league but they have a decent chance

hoolahoop

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 11, 2017, 12:47:27 am by hoolahoop »

Whether or not it's to the extent that they then go and relinquish an 11-point lead is another question though.

Assuming they stay unbeaten, it won't be long before the invincibles talk starts!

Leads like these have been relinquished before but that was when the chasing pack  weren't so far behind in quality and consistency - it's over .

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 11, 2017, 07:06:17 am by Donnywolf »
I got 33/1 for them to win the premiership  and champions league at the beginning of the season. Will be tough to win the champions league but they have a decent chance

... a VERY decent chance. Defensively they still can be vulnerable as they showed only too well in yesterdays Match

That may be their undoing in the Champions League but in one off Cup ties maybe not ! Good Luck with the bet

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
« Reply #9 on December 11, 2017, 01:36:35 pm by Donnywolf »
Not a bad draw for City either. I mean PSG V Real Madrid so that's one of the bigger hitters out

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #10 on December 11, 2017, 02:59:52 pm by drfchound »
Yesterday they steamrollered Manure.
I know the score was only 2-1 but City were far and away the better team.

If getting beaten once or twice before the end of the season means they have come unstuck then i suppose that may happen but in reality i don't see them doing anything other than winning the league title.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 11, 2017, 09:59:18 pm by anne honemous »

Leads like these have been relinquished before but that was when the chasing pack  weren't so far behind in quality and consistency - it's over .

Unless they get complacent, then I'd agree.

It was only about 5 or 6 years ago that United got an eight point lead with about half a dozen games to go and managed to blow it. The season where Man City won the PL title for the first time.

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 12, 2017, 05:29:41 pm by Colemans Left Hook »
We had a thread a couple of Seasons ago when Man City were "walking it" suggesting a) Man City were certs to win the Premier League and b) that (one poster said) they would never come off the Top of the League

However that was on the last day of AUGUST and they did relinquish their grip on top spot pretty soon afterwards and Leicester won the League BUT City did not have Pep as their Manager

So is the game up already for Man U who seem to be their only viable challengers or can Spurs or Liverpool come up on the rails ?

Arsenal amazingly are 5th in the League but nearer the relegation battle that they are the Title

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=264039.msg735771#msg735771

actually i'm very worried about Blackburn how Rovers beat them is the 8th wonder of the world 
« Last Edit: December 12, 2017, 05:33:31 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

Colemans Left Hook

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on May 09, 2018, 09:33:35 pm by Colemans Left Hook »

ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

https://www.drfc-vsc.co.uk/index.php?topic=264039.msg735771#msg735771

actually i'm very worried about Blackburn how Rovers beat them is the 8th wonder of the world

funny i made that 8th wonder of the world statement way back in early December and the Blackburn machine rolled on and on.  and on

on the subject of Man City

out of interest has anyone been paid out yet on Man City to win the Premiership ??

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on May 09, 2018, 10:03:39 pm by RedJ »
Well you'd hope so considering they were crowned champions quite a bit ago now...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012