Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 08:30:23 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Poll

Rate The Ref

0 (0%)
0 (0%)
1 (9.1%)
6 (54.5%)
4 (36.4%)
0 - Totally Useless
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 11

Voting closed: December 22, 2017, 12:56:52 pm

Author Topic: Rovers v Oldham Athletic - 16/12/17- Gavin Ward  (Read 1564 times)

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
Rovers v Oldham Athletic - 16/12/17- Gavin Ward
« on December 11, 2017, 04:39:05 pm by The Red Baron »
Referee: Gavin Ward
Assistants: Steven Rushton & Christopher Husband.
4th: Glen Hart

Donnywolf

• VSC Member
Re: Rovers v Oldham Athletic - 16/12/17- Gavin Ward
« Reply #1 on December 17, 2017, 08:16:14 am by Donnywolf »
I went 2

He was not that bad I suppose but not that good either.

The West Stand Lino was very poor with several raises of the Flag for throw ins only given after the Ref had decided. Why do they not have some b***s and just give what they think ?

Extremely disappointed the Lino did not call the Refs attention to their bloke moving 2 yards forward for the Free Kick from in front of him after the Ref had gone into the area to sort out a melee.

Also disappointed that the Ref saw fit to run all the way to a first half corner to check the ball was in the "quadrant" and I was really disappointed the way he delayed a late Free Kick of ours making Beestin move the ball time and again nearer to the Dugouts - yet - when he gave a nothing of a Foul that led to their goal - their Keeper stole a whole 6 or 7 yards forwards unchecked by the Lino

Why can anyone tell me in most games does the Lino give (say) an Offside and stands in line with the "offence". Then the defender or Keeper place roll or throw the ball 5 or 6 yards further forward and the Lino then moves forwards to where they have put the ball. Why not have some b***s and Flag again until the Ball is placed WHERE IT SHOULD BE ?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 17, 2017, 09:17:16 am by idler »
I agree wholeheartedly Wolfy. That throw near the dug out in the second half was comedy. We headed it onto their players head seen by all but the linesman. He doesn't put his flag up until the ref that couldn't see clearly from his position eventually gives it to Oldham. Pathetic.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #3 on December 17, 2017, 04:52:45 pm by The Red Baron »
I thought at one point the ref was going to lose control of the game, although at that point we scored and thereafter Oldham devoted their energies to trying to equalize.

I don't understand why he spent so long lecturing players on more than one occasion. It just slowed down the game. He wasn't helped much by the West Stand assistant who seemed reluctant to make decisions on anything. Although he was quick to signal the ball had crossed the line for our goal.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012