Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 29, 2024, 09:06:32 am

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: pep guardiola  (Read 4902 times)

acko

• Forum Member
pep guardiola
« on December 13, 2017, 06:44:47 pm by acko »
Why is Pep allowed to wear a political statement on his coat or jumper.Iwas under the impression that political and religious symbols were banned by FIFA

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

mushRTID

• Forum Member
Re: pep guardiola
« Reply #1 on December 13, 2017, 06:48:11 pm by mushRTID »
Calm down Jose.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #2 on December 13, 2017, 06:58:52 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Is it because he's not English?

acko

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 13, 2017, 07:09:31 pm by acko »
quite noticable his symbol was missing from his pre match interview

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #4 on December 13, 2017, 07:31:51 pm by silent majority »
Why is Pep allowed to wear a political statement on his coat or jumper.Iwas under the impression that political and religious symbols were banned by FIFA

Probably because the EPL isn't run by FIFA, unlike International matches.

big fat yorkshire pudding

• VSC Member
« Reply #5 on December 13, 2017, 07:32:54 pm by big fat yorkshire pudding »
Rules changed didn't they?

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #6 on December 13, 2017, 07:33:55 pm by silent majority »
Rules changed didn't they?

Still only applies to games under FIFA jurisdiction, and then you need their permission.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #7 on December 13, 2017, 08:11:00 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
FIFA gave permission to both England and Germany to wear the poppy in our recent match.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #8 on December 13, 2017, 08:24:27 pm by RedJ »
He's hardly wearing a badge that professes his love of the IRA. I don't see the fuss.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 13, 2017, 09:08:03 pm by anne honemous »

I tend to agree.

However, is it any different from the White Rose of Yorkshire on the Leeds badge or our badge, or the Red Rose of Lancashire on Blackburn's game?

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 14, 2017, 12:35:20 am by BillyStubbsTears »

Looks like a “no” then.

Next.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #11 on December 14, 2017, 10:34:35 am by Bentley Bullet »

Looks like a “no” then.

Next.

Well, it would to you, wouldn't it!

CrippyCooke

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 14, 2017, 01:13:04 pm by CrippyCooke »

Looks like a “no” then.

Next.

But he hasn't broken the rules.

Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 14, 2017, 02:44:06 pm by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »
FIFA''s rules and regs are decided by an 8 person panal. 4 of whom are from the UK and 4 of whom represent everywhere else in the world. So it's difficult to imagine something that ended "UNLESS YOU'RE ENGLISH!!!!!" being voted into the official rules.

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #14 on December 14, 2017, 03:20:46 pm by silent majority »
FIFA''s rules and regs are decided by an 8 person panal. 4 of whom are from the UK and 4 of whom represent everywhere else in the world. So it's difficult to imagine something that ended "UNLESS YOU'RE ENGLISH!!!!!" being voted into the official rules.

Are you thinking of IFAB?

IFAB are the organisation responsible for the Laws of the Game and were founded by the 4 home country FA's. FIFA are a part of IFAB rather than the other way around.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 14, 2017, 03:36:29 pm by Bentley Bullet »

Was it the same 8 man panel that banned England from wearing poppies?

Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 14, 2017, 04:29:50 pm by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »
IFAB is correct yes.The laws of the game are decided 50% by the UK but for some that's not enough.

When you think about it it makes sense that players wouldn't be able to wear a political symbol during an international match. It has a huge potential to be inflammatory or at very least diplomatically awkward for the countries about to kick a ball around. Whereas at club level self regulation is a lot more workable.

Kick racism out of football, rainbow laces and justice for the 96 are all obviously as political as wearing a swastika armband. Club's would allow the first 3 in that list due to the fact that public opinion is either indifferent or positive about them, so no damage to the club "brand". Every club would ban players from wearing swastikas because it would be embarrassing for the club, lose sponsors as well as making the club hated by most.
So public opinion and the bottom line dictate the political statements players/staff can make rather than their passport's.

I can only assume Man C value Pep feeling comfortable about expressing himself over upsetting the very very few Man C fans that even have a strong opinion about Catalan independence.
If Kyle Walker said he wanted to show support for "Yorkshire independence" I doubt he would be alowed to do this whilst representing a Lancashire club. Not for any racist or anti English reason just because it would piss enough Man C fans off for the marketing men to get worried.
« Last Edit: December 14, 2017, 04:31:54 pm by Tarkovsky_Mikluzhkin »

roversdude

• VSC Member
« Reply #17 on December 14, 2017, 05:54:16 pm by roversdude »
Does this affect Rovers ???

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 14, 2017, 06:24:29 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

Looks like a “no” then.

Next.

Maybe it is to me because, as far as I’m aware, no one has ever stopped a manager of any nationality from wearing whatever they want at PL matches.

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 14, 2017, 08:02:36 pm by Bentley Bullet »
I'm not aware of it either, but this thread is evidence in itself that some of the public are uneasy about Pep Guardiola's political statement, even if there are no rules forbidding it.

My point is that had it been an English manager displaying a statement of personal political view he would without a shadow of a doubt have been rebuked far more by the public than Guardiola has.

LincsRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 14, 2017, 08:16:14 pm by LincsRover »
Well, I'm really disappointed!!! When I saw the title I thought we'd got ourselves a new manager! Bugger!

Mind you, there are some on here who'd still complain that he wasn't up to league 1, didn't know how to build a defence etc etc etc ....

:santa: :scarf: :santa:

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #21 on December 14, 2017, 08:44:31 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
BB

Yeah. You’re right.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #22 on December 15, 2017, 02:34:04 pm by Glyn_Wigley »
I'm not aware of it either, but this thread is evidence in itself that some of the public are uneasy about Pep Guardiola's political statement, even if there are no rules forbidding it.

My point is that had it been an English manager displaying a statement of personal political view he would without a shadow of a doubt have been rebuked far more by the public than Guardiola has.

I don't remember Cloughie or Fergie getting rebuked for not just wearing something political but actually talking about their politics at length.

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #23 on December 15, 2017, 03:03:13 pm by graingrover »
Well done Guardiola .. I think it is right to protest against the taking of political prisoners .

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 15, 2017, 04:23:54 pm by drfchound »
Well, I'm really disappointed!!! When I saw the title I thought we'd got ourselves a new manager! Bugger!

Mind you, there are some on here who'd still complain that he wasn't up to league 1, didn't know how to build a defence etc etc etc ....

:santa: :scarf: :santa:

On the subject of Pep, when he first came into the PL he had a really good start and then things went wrong.
He didn't win the title and i was saying that in Spain and Germany where in reality, only but two teams were going to be title contenders but over here there were probably five or six who would be serious opponents.

Well, he seriously seems to have sorted that out this season doesn't he.
He now has the players he wants and they play how he wants them to and it shows that he really is the top manager.

RedJ

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 15, 2017, 04:29:59 pm by RedJ »
Well done Guardiola .. I think it is right to protest against the taking of political prisoners .

Yeah, f**k the Spanish government for arresting people who've broken constitutional law with an illegal referendum and illegal unilateral declaration of independence that not even half their parliament voted for! bas**rds.

Iberian Red

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 15, 2017, 04:33:33 pm by Iberian Red »
BB is right again.  The poor little man from England has had all his rights taken away by Johnny foreigner.

Only joking. That's little Englander bolloxs

SydneyRover

• VSC Member
« Reply #27 on December 16, 2017, 02:42:48 am by SydneyRover »
Apparently pep guardiola is mainly caught on cruise ships

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
« Reply #28 on February 23, 2018, 08:18:32 pm by BillyStubbsTears »

graingrover

• VSC Member
« Reply #29 on February 23, 2018, 09:10:25 pm by graingrover »
He is protesting at Spain holding political prisoners and I fully support his gesture and feel the football authorities are virtually complicit with Spain's anti democratic activities in banning such protests.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012