Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 19, 2024, 02:38:16 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: pep guardiola  (Read 4921 times)

BillyStubbsTears

• VSC Member
Re: pep guardiola
« Reply #30 on February 23, 2018, 09:31:23 pm by BillyStubbsTears »
I fully agree Graing. I wonder what these committees would have done to someone wearing an anti-fascist badge in 1938.

But the immediate issue here is that, as with so many themes, there are people around who convince themselves that Jonny Foreigner gets away with whatever he wants whilst John Bull is permanently picked on.

So this thread involved the “Why is Pep allowed to do what he wants?” line. The “Is it cos he’s a foreigner?” line, the “They stopped us wearing poppies” line. When in fact, where we are when it all washes up is the the England team and British clubs ARE allowed to wear poppies on their shirts showing tribute to something they hold dear, but Guardiola, a foreigner, is being charged for a badge that shows support for something that he holds dear. 180 Degree turn round from how this story started. Which often happens when you drill beneath the “Is it cos they’re foreign that they get better treatment?” line.

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

Bentley Bullet

• VSC Member
« Reply #31 on February 23, 2018, 10:18:33 pm by Bentley Bullet »
Missing me, Billy? 

The England team was warned against wearing Poppies, because it was classed as political,  initially. which of course it wasn't. THAT was the argument.

My point is that more people agreed with the authorities point of view which condemned the Poppies than actually condemned Pep for wearing a symbol that was clearly political.

Glyn_Wigley

• VSC Member
« Reply #32 on February 24, 2018, 10:01:33 am by Glyn_Wigley »
I don't remember anybody 'condemning' poppies or what they stood for. They just said they weren't allowed under the rules as they stand, but were allowed when permission was asked and then granted as there was nothing to object to ie proper due process. It's not FIFA's fault that a section of the British media love nothing better than to blow feck all completely out of proportion to make it look like the British are the victims of Johnny Foreigner's jackboot. And enough of the British public are gullible enough to fall for it.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012