Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
April 26, 2024, 07:36:59 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: 21-50 games  (Read 3280 times)

anne honemous

• Forum Member
21-50 games
« on December 20, 2017, 10:38:56 pm by anne honemous »
Once again many many thanks AH, for this thread  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

No problem at all.

There's about another 35 players on the list between 21 and 50 appearances, so here goes with those who fall into that category - starting with an easy one who made 45 appearances for us.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 02:48:45 pm by Forum Admin »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

GazLaz

• Forum Member
Re: Re: 20 games or less
« Reply #1 on December 20, 2017, 10:55:10 pm by GazLaz »
Mitchell Lund

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #2 on December 20, 2017, 11:15:36 pm by anne honemous »
Mitchell Lund

Correct.

He made seven more appearances than this fella...

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #3 on December 21, 2017, 12:01:12 am by RoversAlias »
Nice real head on a digital body that. Dumbuya?

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #4 on December 21, 2017, 12:28:48 am by anne honemous »
Nice real head on a digital body that. Dumbuya?

Correct.

That was our kit launch for the experiment season. Glad things have improved digitally just a bit in the 6/7 years since.

Next...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #5 on December 21, 2017, 06:27:34 am by GazLaz »
Cameron Stewart?

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #6 on December 21, 2017, 08:05:46 am by NickDRFC »
The great Paul Barnes.

Correct.

Without his goals, and then Blundell's tireless work-rate in the latter stages of the last Conference season, I don't think we'd have got back into the FL as quickly as we did.

Both unbelievable, yet very different players.

That's all the players on the list too. I'll gather photos of all the other players who've featured for us since getting back in the league and do them at another time on this thread.

There's still some unbelievably rubbish players who've not yet featured as well.

Barnes’ goals were crucial but i don’t remember Blundell having that much of an impact that season - pretty sure he only made a handful of appearances and they were all off the bench. Of course he had quite an impact the following season...

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #7 on December 21, 2017, 08:57:20 am by anne honemous »

Monkcaster_Rover

• VSC Member
« Reply #8 on December 21, 2017, 02:42:25 pm by Monkcaster_Rover »
Bywater?

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #9 on December 21, 2017, 10:05:36 pm by anne honemous »
The great Paul Barnes.

Correct.

Without his goals, and then Blundell's tireless work-rate in the latter stages of the last Conference season, I don't think we'd have got back into the FL as quickly as we did.

That's all the players on the list too. I'll gather photos of all the other players who've featured for us since getting back in the league and do them at another time on this thread.

There's still some unbelievably rubbish players who've not yet featured as well.

Barnes’ goals were crucial but i don’t remember Blundell having that much of an impact that season - pretty sure he only made a handful of appearances and they were all off the bench. Of course he had quite an impact the following season...

Blundell only came off the bench to appear in the last four games of that season (for some reason I thought he'd signed earlier than that for us around March time), so he never had chance to nail down a place in the team.

If you ever get chance to watch any of the play off games when he was on the pitch though, his work rate was phenomenal - be it on or off the ball. He certainly gave us a different dimension to anyone else that we had up front at that time and proved his worth over the following couple of years.

I was gutted when he left, but in hindsight with Chester prepared to pay a six figure sum for him, it was completely the right decision and we cashed in at the right time.

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #10 on December 21, 2017, 10:08:07 pm by idler »
I knew a mate of his in Liverpool when he signed for us. I had a word with him and he was injured when he signed for us. That's why he played so little initially.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #11 on December 21, 2017, 10:09:17 pm by anne honemous »
Bywater?

Correct.

Next up, someone who joined us from Alcoholics Anonymous and would really love to play in a pub team!

NickDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #12 on December 21, 2017, 10:20:16 pm by NickDRFC »
Alan Blayney

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #13 on December 21, 2017, 10:24:07 pm by anne honemous »
Alan Blayney

Correct.

There's actually a good part to this interview with AB, where he specifically mentions his time with us...

https://www.belfasttelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/irish-league/footballers-lives-with-alan-blayney-why-ive-been-gripped-by-selfdoubt-and-how-i-almost-died-after-training-36284956.html

Q. Do you have any regrets in your career?

A. I do regret going out and drinking in my later career in England when I was at Doncaster. I was getting injuries and was a bit disillusioned with the game. I regret it because people had opinions of me at that club which is not the real me. They only saw me behave like that for a few months. Any other clubs, like Brighton or Bournemouth, I enjoyed them on loan from Southampton until the club decided to sell me. I was home for a summer break when a phone call came through. It was Sir Clive Woodward, the former Lions coach who was a technical support director at the club, who said, 'We have sold you to Doncaster for £50,000'. My response was, 'Do I not have any say in this?' He said the deal was done but I didn't want to live in Doncaster. I loved it in Southampton. I didn't settle in Doncaster, they gave me an apartment but it was a tip. If I was getting those wages now I would bite your arm off but then it felt I wasn't getting much and it was a terrible time.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #14 on December 21, 2017, 10:26:19 pm by anne honemous »
Next, another player who did better elsewhere than he did for us...

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #15 on December 21, 2017, 10:33:25 pm by idler »
Can you give us a pointer?

RoversAlias

• Forum Member
« Reply #16 on December 22, 2017, 12:12:41 am by RoversAlias »
If he hasn't gone on to be a traffic warden I'll be very disappointed.

He was appalling for us as well, nevermind the pointing.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #17 on December 22, 2017, 12:21:20 am by anne honemous »
If he hasn't gone on to be a traffic warden I'll be very disappointed.

He was appalling for us as well, nevermind the pointing.

Ha.

To Dickov's credit, one of the few good things he did was pointing James Harper towards the door.

Next up, someone who scored one very good goal and did absolutely nothing else...

glosterred

• VSC Member
« Reply #18 on December 22, 2017, 06:51:58 am by glosterred »
Rigly oh so or something like that

COYR

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #19 on December 22, 2017, 08:14:05 am by DonnyBazR0ver »
Adriano Rigoglioso. Fantastic name. Had so much promise. Scored for fun in the reserves but rarely produced it when given the chance.

The Red Baron

• VSC Member
« Reply #20 on December 22, 2017, 08:38:42 am by The Red Baron »
The great Paul Barnes.

Correct.

Blundell only came off the bench to appear in the last four games of that season (for some reason I thought he'd signed earlier than that for us around March time), so he never had chance to nail down a place in the team.

If you ever get chance to watch any of the play off games when he was on the pitch though, his work rate was phenomenal - be it on or off the ball. He certainly gave us a different dimension to anyone else that we had up front at that time and proved his worth over the following couple of years.

I was gutted when he left, but in hindsight with Chester prepared to pay a six figure sum for him, it was completely the right decision and we cashed in at the right time.

Blundell was injured when we signed him. He was signed with the future in mind but actually provided a bit of an "X-Factor" in the play offs.

He was an excellent signing and played a huge part in our Division Three Championship season. That team was massively enjoyable to watch.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #21 on December 22, 2017, 09:18:54 am by anne honemous »
Adriano Rigoglioso. Fantastic name. Had so much promise. Scored for fun in the reserves but rarely produced it when given the chance.

Correct.

Next...

GazLaz

• Forum Member
« Reply #22 on December 22, 2017, 09:36:31 am by GazLaz »

Correct.

Next...

Rodders

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #23 on December 22, 2017, 09:11:15 pm by anne honemous »

Correct.

Next...

Rodders

Correct.

Next up, a player who I still rate quite highly...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #24 on December 22, 2017, 09:55:50 pm by vaya »

Correct.

Next...

Rodders

Correct.

Enda Stevens

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #25 on December 22, 2017, 10:12:33 pm by anne honemous »

Correct.

Next...

Rodders

Correct.

Enda Stevens

Correct.

Next up, another of those type of players where if we'd signed them a few years earlier, they'd have been bloody good for us...

vaya

• Forum Member
« Reply #26 on December 22, 2017, 10:45:36 pm by vaya »

Correct.

Next...

Rodders

Correct.

Enda Stevens

Correct.

Next up, another of those type of players where if we'd signed them a few years earlier, they'd have been bloody good for us...

Wayne Thomas?

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #27 on December 22, 2017, 10:55:38 pm by anne honemous »
Wayne Thomas is correct.

Next...

Chris Black come back

• Forum Member
« Reply #28 on December 23, 2017, 12:15:35 pm by Chris Black come back »
Meite. Good player.

anne honemous

• Forum Member
« Reply #29 on December 23, 2017, 03:18:31 pm by anne honemous »
Meite. Good player.

Correct.

Meite made 21 appearances, which was the same amount as Wayne Thomas.

Next up, probably the most famous player to have ever pulled on a Rovers shirt...

TinyPortal © 2005-2012