Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?
March 28, 2024, 09:35:37 pm

Login with username, password and session length

Links

FSA logo

Author Topic: Rotherham tickets  (Read 18754 times)

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
Re: Rotherham tickets
« Reply #60 on January 31, 2018, 12:47:01 am by Draytonian III »
I wonder what the stewarding will be like when those who haven't got tickets with their mates try and stand with them ,i.e. 3 people in 2 places. Last season at Mansfield it happened when they tried this but the stewards didn't take much action.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2018, 12:49:47 am by Draytonian III »

(want to hide these ads? Join the VSC today!)

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #61 on January 31, 2018, 07:54:39 am by the vicar »
They stand on the steps to and no one can get up and down them

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #62 on January 31, 2018, 09:05:15 am by silent majority »
I can understand people wanting to stand but quite frankly there should be no standing allowed in a seating area. It is unbelievably dangerous. More dangerous in a seating area than an area without seats. Can you imagine what would happen if people were pushed from behind in a seating area. I am amazed it is allowed at all to be honest. At many of the premier league grounds there are many thousands of fans stood up behind the goals.
It is time some safe standing areas are brought back into the all seater stadiums.
Having said that I would much rather sit these days and I think nearly all over sixty’s would. Probably most people over forty prefer to sit.

I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you here, there are no figures to suggest that standing in a seated area is any more dangerous than standing on an open terrace. According to the data there are two occasions when injuries are reported in seated areas, the first is when a goal is scored (obviously ) and the second occasion is when people are leaving the stadium. Both of those occasions are also permitted under the current legislation. At a Premier League level it has become apparent over recent years that the legislation is having no affect whatsoever, and has reached a point where a lot of clubs have given up trying to enforce that.

It's just a matter of time before the Sports Minister bows to the inevitable and agrees for safe standing sections to be installed.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #63 on January 31, 2018, 09:07:06 am by Axholme Lion »
I can understand people wanting to stand but quite frankly there should be no standing allowed in a seating area. It is unbelievably dangerous. More dangerous in a seating area than an area without seats. Can you imagine what would happen if people were pushed from behind in a seating area. I am amazed it is allowed at all to be honest. At many of the premier league grounds there are many thousands of fans stood up behind the goals.
It is time some safe standing areas are brought back into the all seater stadiums.
Having said that I would much rather sit these days and I think nearly all over sixty’s would. Probably most people over forty prefer to sit.

Grow up. Just sit somewhere else. What does it matter what it says on the ticket?

DRFC-Hanksie

• Forum Member
« Reply #64 on January 31, 2018, 11:03:29 am by DRFC-Hanksie »
1252 tickets left as of this morning, my mate rang up after trying to sway him towards getting a membership.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #65 on January 31, 2018, 11:53:24 am by drfchound »

Grow up. Just sit somewhere else. What does it matter what it says on the ticket?

It matters what it says on the ticket in a sold out area with allocated seats.
Suppose four people book to sit together and end up having to move.
It would be very unlikely there would be four seats together and what if the people whos’ seats They had gone to turned up and wanted the seats themselves.
Stewards would move on the people who didn’t have the correct tickets.
Not as simple as grow up is it.

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #66 on January 31, 2018, 11:53:54 am by knockers »
I don't understand why everyone doesn't just go on the ticket website, pick where they want to sit and have them delivered at an extra cost of just £1
It would certainly be much easier than sitting at your keyboard complaining that you are going to be sat somewhere that you don't want to be :headbang:

selby

• VSC Member
« Reply #67 on January 31, 2018, 11:54:36 am by selby »
 Axholme  lion  you grow, up and stand somewhere else, at the back where no one has a problem with it, on the concourse with a beer in hand if you want,again no problem. but not in front of someone sat down in a seated area.
  It is ignorant, bullying, and totally out of order.

DonnyBazR0ver

• VSC Member
« Reply #68 on January 31, 2018, 12:32:42 pm by DonnyBazR0ver »
Approx 1100 left per ticket office just now.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #69 on January 31, 2018, 12:36:37 pm by the vicar »

I'm afraid that I have to disagree with you here, there are no figures to suggest that standing in a seated area is any more dangerous than standing on an open terrace. According to the data there are two occasions when injuries are reported in seated areas, the first is when a goal is scored (obviously ) and the second occasion is when people are leaving the stadium. Both of those occasions are also permitted under the current legislation. At a Premier League level it has become apparent over recent years that the legislation is having no affect whatsoever, and has reached a point where a lot of clubs have given up trying to enforce that.

It's just a matter of time before the Sports Minister bows to the inevitable and agrees for safe standing sections to be installed.
does not matter what the people that want to stand think, as the answer is they are called ALL SEATER STADIUMS for a reason

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #70 on January 31, 2018, 12:43:14 pm by silent majority »

does not matter what the people that want to stand think, as the answer is they are called ALL SEATER STADIUMS for a reason

But it's unenforceable Dave, so what's the answer?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #71 on January 31, 2018, 01:29:53 pm by the vicar »
But I thought it was the law

silent majority

• VSC Member
« Reply #72 on January 31, 2018, 01:35:59 pm by silent majority »
But I thought it was the law

No its not a law.

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #73 on January 31, 2018, 01:55:47 pm by Axholme Lion »

It matters what it says on the ticket in a sold out area with allocated seats.
Suppose four people book to sit together and end up having to move.
It would be very unlikely there would be four seats together and what if the people whos’ seats They had gone to turned up and wanted the seats themselves.
Stewards would move on the people who didn’t have the correct tickets.
Not as simple as grow up is it.

They're never full up to capacity. I went in the home end at Forest earlier in the season as we had sold out all our tickets. I got spotted and chucked out and put in the away end which we had supposedly sold out and was full. No problem.

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #74 on January 31, 2018, 02:14:05 pm by Draytonian III »
"Got spotted and chucked out " maybe the knuckles dragging on the floor gave it away

Axholme Lion

• Forum Member
« Reply #75 on January 31, 2018, 02:26:28 pm by Axholme Lion »
"Got spotted and chucked out " maybe the knuckles dragging on the floor gave it away

Ha ha ha. No, not really. It was just a lapel badge. But seen as the Germans were forgiven for the war quicker than Millwall for Luton it's what we learn to put up with.

Wellington Vaults

• Forum Member
« Reply #76 on January 31, 2018, 04:01:31 pm by Wellington Vaults »
You 'Wall Geezas eh?  Well Nawty!!!

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #77 on January 31, 2018, 09:39:19 pm by the vicar »
I don't understand why everyone doesn't just go on the ticket website, pick where they want to sit and have them delivered at an extra cost of just £1
It would certainly be much easier than sitting at your keyboard complaining that you are going to be sat somewhere that you don't want to be :headbang:
that dunt matter if you book a ticket on line then you get there and your seat has gone then you are not sitting where you want are you

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #78 on February 01, 2018, 03:33:35 pm by KieronDRFC »
Il be standing and singing wherever I am.

Clubs do it up and down the country every week, why does it have to be an issue for us?

Did every one of you sit down at Bel vue as well?

idler

• VSC Member
« Reply #79 on February 01, 2018, 05:14:05 pm by idler »
Kieron, if I and my family were sat and had been for some time and you stood in front of me I think that I would have every right to be annoyed. I would usually be sat to one side rather than bang in the middle and don't have a problem with fans standing. By the same token fans wanting to stand can't ignore other fans views. A bit of common sense on both sides of the argument goes a long way. If you want to stand move higher up towards the back to upset fewer fans and be early to get your place.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #80 on February 01, 2018, 05:17:42 pm by drfchound »
Idler, you just beat me to this, I had written something very similar.

Filo

• VSC Member
« Reply #81 on February 01, 2018, 05:47:40 pm by Filo »
Kieron, if I and my family were sat and had been for some time and you stood in front of me I think that I would have every right to be annoyed. I would usually be sat to one side rather than bang in the middle and don't have a problem with fans standing. By the same token fans wanting to stand can't ignore other fans views. A bit of common sense on both sides of the argument goes a long way. If you want to stand move higher up towards the back to upset fewer fans and be early to get your place.

Don’t expect him to be bothered about your concerns, while he has that selfish attitude

knockers

• Forum Member
« Reply #82 on February 01, 2018, 05:51:29 pm by knockers »
that dunt matter if you book a ticket on line then you get there and your seat has gone then you are not sitting where you want are you

Is that a serious argument? You really are the class clown!

KieronDRFC

• Forum Member
« Reply #83 on February 01, 2018, 06:37:44 pm by KieronDRFC »

Move higher up and take someone else’s allocated seat?

Ive asked for seats at the back but the problem is when fans on the 4th row from the back expect the 20 fans standing in front to sit down because they want to.

donnievic

• Forum Member
« Reply #84 on February 01, 2018, 06:51:23 pm by donnievic »
What seats you got?

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #85 on February 01, 2018, 07:23:42 pm by the vicar »
Il be standing and singing wherever I am.

Clubs do it up and down the country every week, why does it have to be an issue for us?

Did every one of you sit down at Bel vue as well?
i was not old and unable to stand at BV but if i was in the seats i would never insult a person that cant stand by standing in front of him or her you are a disgrace man

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #86 on February 01, 2018, 07:25:49 pm by Draytonian III »
As I posted earlier,one of the main problems is " 3 people standing where there's only 2 seats " like at Mansfield last season. I'm able to stand for 90 minutes so that doesn't bother me but not to be crowded out by some 16 year old who's a sniff of a barmaid's  apron.

the vicar

• Forum Member
« Reply #87 on February 01, 2018, 07:26:59 pm by the vicar »

clown not just a truth full statement cloghead

Draytonian III

• VSC Member
« Reply #88 on February 01, 2018, 07:28:28 pm by Draytonian III »
Oh by the way Kieron it's Belle Vue , just for future reference.

drfchound

• Forum Member
« Reply #89 on February 01, 2018, 07:30:02 pm by drfchound »

I would argue that it is a serious argument when the actual class clown has already declared that he will stand where he wants to.

TinyPortal © 2005-2012